or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6928  

post #103906 of 117668

Stitch, that coat and shirt look great together. Scarf's a bit too matchy matchy for my tastes though :embar:.

 

post #103907 of 117668
Thanks, man. I like the purple scarf and shirt together though.

Horses for courses.

smile.gif
post #103908 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post


Yeah, this particular 5 zip iteration gets a lot of hate, but I like it.

Just got it and I f**king thrilled! Its fits so so good, and the leather is great. I dont understand why people would hate on the jacket. The coating dosent take away the quality of the jacket it just adds an different appearance which I tend to love, it feels like very soft leather, smells like leather, and has a subtle leather texture. They probably never seen it in person, I would take this iteration over any I have seen. 

 

Requested fit pictures very soon!

post #103909 of 117668
Quote:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Originally Posted by Nil View Post



Messing around with my new Canon T3i. Same old clothing.

Number (N)ine
Silent
Ann Demeulemeester
Buttero Warning: Snowman Smile (Click to show)
Warning: Snowman Smile (Click to show)
 

 

Needs burgundy pants

post #103910 of 117668
Stitches, everything looks good except that scarf, looks cheap and feminine (not in a good/interesting way). You should look into Stephan Schneider scarves, they're a good bridge between MC/SW&D tastes and are made of beautiful fabrics. You might as well check out some of his knits and big coats while you're at it!
post #103911 of 117668
Reedo, Ill post the JB pic again.
post #103912 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by reedobandito View Post

Stitches, everything looks good except that scarf, looks cheap and feminine (not in a good/interesting way). You should look into Stephan Schneider scarves, they're a good bridge between MC/SW&D tastes and are made of beautiful fabrics. You might as well check out some of his knits and big coats while you're at it!

1. Thanks!

2. Not sure why it looks cheap, its a 100% cashmere number from Johnstons of Scotland, its a great scarf.

3. Not sure why it looks feminine, purple plaid is feminine? Maybe you can elaborate.

4. I will gladly look into into his scarves. However, I am cheap skate when it comes to belts and scarves. Who knows, maybe this will be my turning point.

5. Will do!!

Thanks for the feedback, mayne.
post #103913 of 117668

I don't think schneider is a good recommendation for you stitches, they're weirdly shaped and really bulky and I found the ones I tried to not fit under any of my coats.  Good thick wool scarves are, unfortunately, expensive, just like good wool sweaters.

 

If you want an affordable one, just get a pashmina from amazon:

 

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Design-100%25-Pashmina-Shawl/dp/B004X5IHOY/ref=sr_1_69?ie=UTF8&qid=1383077036&sr=8-69&keywords=pashmina

 

http://www.amazon.com/Purple-Bangong-Design-Pashmina-Shawl/dp/B004XGUSZY/ref=sr_1_144?ie=UTF8&qid=1383077366&sr=8-144&keywords=pashmina

 

Read the reviews if you go for a different style because the really cheap ones are fake and polyester.  They're lightweight, the patterns are usually great, and they're easy to wear. They also come in solid colors.

post #103914 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

1. Thanks!

2. Not sure why it looks cheap, its a 100% cashmere number from Johnstons of Scotland, its a great scarf.

3. Not sure why it looks feminine, purple plaid is feminine? Maybe you can elaborate.

4. I will gladly look into into his scarves. However, I am cheap skate when it comes to belts and scarves. Who knows, maybe this will be my turning point.

5. Will do!!

Thanks for the feedback, mayne.

1. It's the stripes, I think. It just doesn't look particularly elegant.

2. It's that particular shade of purple. It's a bit pastel. Combined with the stripes it wouldn't look out of place on some teenager goth/emo girl.
post #103915 of 117668
So...

http://www.styleforum.net/t/367380/friday-waywrn-challenge-cm-does-swd/15
post #103916 of 117668
Lot of scarf overanalysis going on here. Also, pashminas from amazon? uhoh.gif
post #103917 of 117668
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post

Lot of scarf overanalysis going on here. Also, pashminas from amazon? uhoh.gif

 

I have one, it feels as nice as my Jil silk/cashmere cardigan lol.

post #103918 of 117668
Have not worn the bomber in forever


post #103919 of 117668
Thanks for the comments regarding my previous fit - I'm going to try and post fits a little more than I did before, which will hopefully continue to be a good learning process. Yes, I do lift etc. (do you even bro?) and I have a longer torso, which can skew looks. I'll revisit those particular jeans again soon without a tuck and look into some less tapered options as well.

Anyway, here's back to business casual. Maybe I overdid the blues and charcoal pants would've been better?





SS / UU / EP / Alden
Cotton + Nylon / cotton broadcloth / wool flannel / cordovan

Poor man's hidden placket gang. shog[1].gif
post #103920 of 117668
afixedpoint, That sweater looks very short, like you'd be in danger of having a belly shirt if you moved much at all.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread