Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6893post #103381 of 11766810/21/13 at 10:46am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #103382 of 11766810/21/13 at 10:50ampost #103383 of 11766810/21/13 at 10:59am
what are those:
certainly not. what would you rec?
nor do i. but hell, i always up for more potential kops! and knowledge.post #103384 of 11766810/21/13 at 11:03ampost #103385 of 11766810/21/13 at 11:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Liam O
Thanks lol. I liked the contrasting undershirt, that's why i did it. if it's gimmicky... well, i should have left the tags on. they're neither sneakers nor boots, they're a horribly beat pair of clarks I had resoled in vibram. I own those, a pair of 14 inch ll bean main hunting boots, and a pair of AE walnut strands. I can't afford more shoes, and I don't have anywhere to store them since I live out of two suitcases lol. Girls seem to like the hunting boots though, as ugly as they are...
Incidentally, I knit that hat for myself, so I really appreciate that you like it
It's more a matter if a crew-neck t-shirt under a button-front shirt; it rarely looks good, and this is no exception. It tends to look like you don't know how to layer clothing. Keep the contrast if you like it, just switch to a v-neck so it echos the shape of the collar opening.
I think it's fair to say that he needs something on his feet. It's getting on toward fall, and going barefoot would look pretty silly paired with that thick cable knit.
Admittedly, he'll probably have to take his shoes off at some point if he's planning on getting a pedicure at the nail salon he's standing in front of (I assume that's why he's there).post #103386 of 11766810/21/13 at 11:09am
Well damn, if I knew it would qualify as my best fit ever I would've bothered taking a proper pic.Quote:
Yeah, it's nice when pieces you've had for relatively long still work with more recently acquired pieces.
Thanks for all the comments guys
edit: stitches looking good too!post #103387 of 11766810/21/13 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
KoY - That is excellent!
I have decided to leave my 50 thousandth post here in SWD, sporting my new Inis Meain sweater.
The fit is ok I guess, but it's thought that counts right?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)bonus hands in pocket pic and close ups/textures! (Click to show)
It is weird to me that I immediately recognized this location as a few blocks away from my childhood Hebrew school.post #103388 of 11766810/21/13 at 11:39amQuote:
Sorry, pic isn't as evenly lit as I thought it would be, so it doesn't do a great job capturing teh fadez...I think I gotta change my camera angle now that the sun's so far to the south.
Mug by Logical Huepost #103389 of 11766810/21/13 at 12:00pmpost #103390 of 11766810/21/13 at 12:10pmpost #103391 of 11766810/21/13 at 12:13pmQuote:I just really like wearing blue. Jeans aren't actually that tapered. 9" leg opening I think, just an illusion as I am a bit top heavyOriginally Posted by Biggskip
Not hate, but this is really bad. There's so much blue, you gotta work in some other colors.. I wouldn't wear the top two items with blue jeans. Also, the jeans look pretty bad in general. From your pics, it looks like you have pretty wide hips. Not saying this is a bad thing, it's just reality (I have the same issue). Wearing jeans with a definite taper, shorter hem, and a roll only accentuates the issue. I think you should look into jeans with a longer hem and less of a taper..
Need to tuck in your shirt, and get rid of the undershirt (or at least make it a v-neck). Also not sure if you're wearing sneakers or boots with the white wedge sole thing, but neither works with this outfit. Switch up to more traditional boots and I think you've got a winner here. The beard and the hat are winners, however. I'm putting you into my "Should Keep Beard 4 Life" file along with Knucks (wherever he went) and Damien Sandow.
@snow looking good! Should I assume the shirt is wu?post #103392 of 11766810/21/13 at 12:17pmpost #103393 of 11766810/21/13 at 12:22pmpost #103394 of 11766810/21/13 at 12:26pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Compared to my friends, I'm failing in my career. How do I get back... 39 seconds ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 55 seconds ago
- › Official Filson Thread - Clothing/Bags Etc 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 8 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...