or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6820  

post #102286 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

it's nice to see the occasional man who isn't afraid of colour

people should be afraid of color, because it's very hard do polychromatic outfits well.

slim lapel and windsor is redx.gif and if you are going to do a windsor at least have a dimple and tighten it all the way.

also, fix your laces...


Edited by steveoffice - 10/4/13 at 8:04am
post #102287 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstyle View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Jacket appears to be too tight. The bowing lapels and the gigantic knot conspire to make the shirt collar look punier than it actually is. If he sized up and cinched up the knot, it would be fine. If he likes the fishhook clip, who cares?

Thank you to the fellas being constructive and not complete immature ****holes, would you recommend I go with a half Windsor instead with the spread collar?...I wasn't sure...the clip was on sale when I bough the shirt and tie and caught my eye being a bit different so I bought it, I thought it was a refreshing change from the traditional tie clips which I wear often...as far as the lapels, well it's an 150$ suit from H&M which is riding the wave heavy on slim suits so not like I had much choice there...although I'm a fan of thin lapels.

Once again thank you.

Four-in-hand or half-windsor .
post #102288 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstyle View Post

Thank you to the fellas being constructive and not complete immature ****holes, would you recommend I go with a half Windsor instead with the spread collar?...I wasn't sure...the clip was on sale when I bough the shirt and tie and caught my eye being a bit different so I bought it, I thought it was a refreshing change from the traditional tie clips which I wear often...as far as the lapels, well it's an 150$ suit from H&M which is riding the wave heavy on slim suits so not like I had much choice there...although I'm a fan of thin lapels.

Once again thank you.

I have a similar tie clip.I like it a lot. But let me caution you. There is nothing "different" about a tie clip

You like slim lapels? ditch any tie knot that isn't a four-in-hand

The color combo is something left to be desired. You shoild check fits from Barims or Labelkingfor inspiration.

Welcome to SF.


Jet ethered him with that response tho lol
post #102289 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirailleur1 View Post

I have a similar tie clip.I like it a lot. But let me caution you. There is nothing "different" about a tie clip

You like slim lapels? ditch any tie knot that isn't a four-in-hand

The color combo is something left to be desired. You shoild check fits from Barims or Labelkingfor inspiration.

Welcome to SF.


Jet ethered him with that response tho lol

I meant different for me....noted on the tie knot, appreciate it.

jet didn't ether anyone....if anything he made himself look pretty childish, as all I did was post a fit.
post #102290 of 117677
And thanks for the welcoming bro smile.gif
post #102291 of 117677
why the fuck are you wearing a shitty suit in the conceptual forest
post #102292 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstyle View Post

jet didn't ether anyone....if anything he made himself look pretty childish, as all I did was post a fit.

you are welcome to argue this, but its not helping you. trust.

let me ask you an honest question. had you spent any time at all reading this forum, particularly this thread, before you decided to post a fit, or did you just happen upon this place, see that it was a forum about clothing, and post a fit?
post #102293 of 117677
So you're saying he shouldn't post because he doesn't fit in? It takes less than half a second to scroll past a picture you don't find appealing.
post #102294 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyc wid it View Post

Please tell me this guy's involved with that GQ crap that's brought a resurgence of terrible fashion blogs postings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

had you spent any time at all reading this forum, particularly this thread, before you decided to post a fit, or did you just happen upon this place, see that it was a forum about clothing, and post a fit?

 

To be fair to him:

 

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

post #102295 of 117677
the look-at-me #menswear aesthetic really is SWD's kryptonite. not saying i liked kstyle's outfit, but the curbstompy response was pretty amusing
post #102296 of 117677
tldr... kstyle -- try posting on menswear instead.
post #102297 of 117677
I've had this account for sometime, rarely come here and was under the impression this was just a thread to post fits and welcome criticism not post fit and expect some clown to crack jokes
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

you are welcome to argue this, but its not helping you. trust.

let me ask you an honest question. had you spent any time at all reading this forum, particularly this thread, before you decided to post a fit, or did you just happen upon this place, see that it was a forum about clothing, and post a fit?
post #102298 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post

why the fuck are you wearing a shitty suit in the conceptual forest

You are getting cornier with each post, stop trying so hard.
post #102299 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLSI View Post

So you're saying he shouldn't post because he doesn't fit in? It takes less than half a second to scroll past a picture you don't find appealing.

that is not at all what i am saying.

i am saying 2 things.

1. calling people childish rarely comes off well. best to ignore someone if you think they are behaving that way.

2. i was curious if he had been a reader of this thread, in which case, the replies to his post should have been somewhat predictable. or if he got completely blindsided by the reactions here.

basically, he seems to be shooting for a GQ/esquire/trendy/#menswear look. and more power to him, but tbh, that will be received harshly across SF.

anyone can post anything, but they should know what they are getting into when they do. it makes life easier. for everyone. lets not pretend that when someone posts something that bucks the trend it will just get ignored and not pile driven.

just my take.

edit: looks like you were blindsided.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstyle View Post

I've had this account for sometime, rarely come here and was under the impression this was just a thread to post fits and welcome criticism not post fit and expect some clown to crack jokes

try not to worry about it. read the WAYWT and WAYWRN threads for a bit, get a feel for the vibe, and then try again. i think it will make your SF experience more enjoyable.
post #102300 of 117677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post

Jab just start doing HIM covers

Really not my cup of tea. Thinking I should do more of The National though, as I think I have a similar range.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › The WAYWT Discussion Thread