Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
- High-quality white shirt on short notice (in New York?) Last post on 12/15/12 at 5:06am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6820
Styleforum Top Picks
To be fair to him:
you are welcome to argue this, but its not helping you. trust.
let me ask you an honest question. had you spent any time at all reading this forum, particularly this thread, before you decided to post a fit, or did you just happen upon this place, see that it was a forum about clothing, and post a fit?
that is not at all what i am saying.
i am saying 2 things.
1. calling people childish rarely comes off well. best to ignore someone if you think they are behaving that way.
2. i was curious if he had been a reader of this thread, in which case, the replies to his post should have been somewhat predictable. or if he got completely blindsided by the reactions here.
basically, he seems to be shooting for a GQ/esquire/trendy/#menswear look. and more power to him, but tbh, that will be received harshly across SF.
anyone can post anything, but they should know what they are getting into when they do. it makes life easier. for everyone. lets not pretend that when someone posts something that bucks the trend it will just get ignored and not pile driven.
just my take.
edit: looks like you were blindsided.
try not to worry about it. read the WAYWT and WAYWRN threads for a bit, get a feel for the vibe, and then try again. i think it will make your SF experience more enjoyable.
kstyle, unless you come with something that looks like kgfan's fits, nobody's going to dig your shit. it needs to be either drapey and slightly gothic or really boxy and Japanese/American heritage shit like Visvim or EG. Stitches gets a pass because he's so far on the other end of the spectrum, but even guys who have great style like SVB and elisix get ripped apart for "wearing brown sneakers" or "having on a braided belt." You'll need thick skin if you're going to post fits that don't fall in line with the current style du jour around these parts.
For what it's worth, I like the suit, and I think it fits fine. They are right about the tie knot though, and you'll get a somewhat better response if you drop one or two of the affectations.
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 11 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 8 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge 19th September 2014: Brown tie without a staple... 14 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)