Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/11/15 at 9:33am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6820post #102286 of 11766810/4/13 at 8:52am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #102287 of 11766810/4/13 at 8:52ampost #102288 of 11766810/4/13 at 8:54amI've had this account for sometime, rarely come here and was under the impression this was just a thread to post fits and welcome criticism not post fit and expect some clown to crack jokesQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
you are welcome to argue this, but its not helping you. trust.
let me ask you an honest question. had you spent any time at all reading this forum, particularly this thread, before you decided to post a fit, or did you just happen upon this place, see that it was a forum about clothing, and post a fit?post #102289 of 11766810/4/13 at 8:55ampost #102290 of 11766810/4/13 at 8:57amQuote:
that is not at all what i am saying.
i am saying 2 things.
1. calling people childish rarely comes off well. best to ignore someone if you think they are behaving that way.
2. i was curious if he had been a reader of this thread, in which case, the replies to his post should have been somewhat predictable. or if he got completely blindsided by the reactions here.
basically, he seems to be shooting for a GQ/esquire/trendy/#menswear look. and more power to him, but tbh, that will be received harshly across SF.
anyone can post anything, but they should know what they are getting into when they do. it makes life easier. for everyone. lets not pretend that when someone posts something that bucks the trend it will just get ignored and not pile driven.
just my take.
edit: looks like you were blindsided.Quote:
try not to worry about it. read the WAYWT and WAYWRN threads for a bit, get a feel for the vibe, and then try again. i think it will make your SF experience more enjoyable.post #102291 of 11766810/4/13 at 8:57ampost #102292 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:01ampost #102293 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:02ampost #102294 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:03am
kstyle, unless you come with something that looks like kgfan's fits, nobody's going to dig your shit. it needs to be either drapey and slightly gothic or really boxy and Japanese/American heritage shit like Visvim or EG. Stitches gets a pass because he's so far on the other end of the spectrum, but even guys who have great style like SVB and elisix get ripped apart for "wearing brown sneakers" or "having on a braided belt." You'll need thick skin if you're going to post fits that don't fall in line with the current style du jour around these parts.
For what it's worth, I like the suit, and I think it fits fine. They are right about the tie knot though, and you'll get a somewhat better response if you drop one or two of the affectations.post #102295 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:04ampost #102296 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:10ampost #102297 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:14ampost #102298 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:16ampost #102299 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:19am[quote name="barrettdudley" url="/t/164384/the-waywt-discussion-thread/102300#post_6637774"]kstyle, unless you come with something that looks like kgfan's fits, nobody's going to dig your shit. it needs to be either drapey and slightly gothic or really boxy and Japanese/American heritage shit like Visvim or EG. Stitches gets a pass because he's so far on the other end of the spectrum, but even guys who have great style like SVB and elisix get ripped apart for "wearing brown sneakers" or "having on a braided belt." You'll need thick skin if you're going to post fits that don't fall in line with the current style du jour around these parts.
For what it's worth, I like the suit, and I think it fits fine. They are right about the tie knot though, and you'll get a somewhat better response if you drop one or two of the affectations.
With all due respect... I call Bullshitpost #102300 of 11766810/4/13 at 9:21amQuote:
yeah, this is pretty much the truth.
penanceroyaltea - i like that. i think it looks way better unzipped tho, imho.
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Anyone still wear. 3 button sportscoats? 7 minutes ago
- › Tailors in NZ 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE OCTOBER 9TH - THE JACKET (OR COAT) CHALLENGE 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 19 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 21 minutes ago
- › Bleu De Paname Resistant Jeane Size 28 21 minutes ago
- › Margiela x H&M Red Sneakers Size 8 / EU 41 27 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 28 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth