Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 1/12/17 at 11:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6815post #102211 of 11766610/3/13 at 10:01ampost #102212 of 11766610/3/13 at 11:52amAnn D creepers on Yoox for you creeper ass motherfuckers
http://www.yoox.com/us/44558760AE/item?dept=shoesmen#sts=sr_shoesmen80&cod10=44558760AE&sizeId=post #102213 of 11766610/3/13 at 12:34pmpost #102214 of 11766610/3/13 at 1:12pmpost #102215 of 11766610/3/13 at 1:17pmpost #102216 of 11766610/3/13 at 1:54pmQuote:
wow. thanks, man!Quote:
id like to think that too.
srs, you guys are too kind. i appreciate all the compliments greatly. especially this being SWD and all, i really do appreciate that you guys enjoy my fits.post #102217 of 11766610/3/13 at 2:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
NEW NON POINTY SHOES!!!
REQUISITE BUTTONING POSE FIT PIC!!!! (Click to show)
yess! imo that plussed your whole vibe. maybe it's just me but the rounder toe is more harmonious with the soft shoulder suits/giaccas and your build.
also stitches is a nice sw&d denizen/neighbor. good open minded attitude.post #102218 of 11766610/3/13 at 2:47pmpost #102219 of 11766610/3/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
Ann D creepers on Yoox for you creeper ass motherfuckers
there's a thread for this ya know...post #102220 of 11766610/3/13 at 2:53pmpost #102221 of 11766610/3/13 at 2:56pmpost #102222 of 11766610/3/13 at 4:22pmQuote:
thank you, parker. mighty kind of you.
since you brought it up, this is an area i have struggled with for a long time. i know that my broader/larger build really calls for a rounder last like these marlows, but i have long hesitated for 2 reasons.
1. i simply like the look of more angular/aggressive dress shoes over that of more rounded ones.
2. i have a hard time envisioning a dressy outfit looking right with what i view as a more clunky shoe.
so, as to number 1, i just said to myself, suck it up and accept that you look better in shoes that you may not prefer. and as to number 2, i felt that with a more country look like i went with today, as opposed to a city look, that the rounded last really is actually better.
anyhow, sorry for the mini essay, but so is the story of my non pointy shoes, and i am pleased with the outcome.Quote:I lol'd.
also stitches is a nice sw&d denizen/neighbor. good open minded attitude.
thanks, man. i try to be open minded. i have benefited from it greatly.
indesertum - giacca is italian for jacket. or so i gather from the wikipedia page i had google translate for me.Quote:
why thanks you!
indeed that was part of my plan when i bought them.
I BET THEY WOULD LOOOK GREAT WITH JEANS!!!!
ill risk it and assume your post was directed at me, and say, thanks bam!post #102223 of 11766610/3/13 at 4:24pmpost #102224 of 11766610/3/13 at 4:38pm
no question.Quote:if you think a rounder toe isn't dressy. look at classic menswear, lots of rounded toes. or most british shoes forever.
classic menswear? where is that, im not familiar with that.
nothing to do with history. i am just speaking about what i view as more congruent. this is something i have mentally associated long before i found SF. i have always thought that very round lasts look off with many dress looks. or at least many of the looks i aim for. im not saying that its correct, and i know that historically lots of dress shoes are rounder. im just saying how the aesthetic has struck me personally.
in my brain, sleeker look = sleeker shoe. hence, i have a hard time liking the look of rounder lasts with many dress fits. except in more country fits, or more relaxed/lived in fits. phatguido has had some excellent fits with suits and round lasts. some of the few that i have really liked.post #102225 of 11766610/3/13 at 4:48pmQuote:
dudes with big feet should lay off the super elongated toe look... ends up looking like size 17 feet
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1627 Active Users (323 Members and 1304 Guests)
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 14 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 seconds ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › Tom Ford Suit - Filleted and Gutted 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT Maison Margiela Paneled Crewneck Sweatshirt - Size 50 2 minutes ago
- › BNWT Maison Margiela Hooded Sweatshirt - Size 50 6 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...