Pants are olive but yeah I'll have to try some wool pants. I have a pair of brown flannels that I will break out once it starts to cool down. I'm working on growing out my hair. Thanks man!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6788post #101806 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #101807 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:13pmpost #101808 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Ken P
Pants are a heavy canvas material but I can see what you are saying. Any example of a pant you are thinking of? Are you thinking wool for texture or drape? Sport coat material is a heavy flannel. I have paired the shawl with a slouchy pull-over and it does look good. Will photograph next time I do.
re pants: I personally would choose a lighter to mid grey (heather ish) wool pant. like tropical wool for drape and texture so it flows a little...or maybe heavier but not stiff so you can wear for winter. eg, nonnative, needles etc - brands you already like - all make pants like that I'm sure. could even go cropped nonnative pants with heavy socks and those vans. for the top - I'd go for like a fuzzy mohair pullover in like navy to slightly lighter blue. but that completely changes your outfit :P - am forming it with shoes and shawl. your nonnative robe thing might work with that... dif pants tho for sure.post #101809 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:26pmpost #101810 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:35pmQuote:
Well... hah, it's the boot actually. A regular slim jean won't really go over the boot, and I feel like a douche if I go full tuck so I've kind of been letting the hem of the jeans fall where they may.post #101811 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:43pmpost #101812 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:44pmpost #101813 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:46pmQuote:Got a list of things to try now. Thanks breezy!Originally Posted by BreezyBirch
re pants: I personally would choose a lighter to mid grey (heather ish) wool pant. like tropical wool for drape and texture so it flows a little...or maybe heavier but not stiff so you can wear for winter. eg, nonnative, needles etc - brands you already like - all make pants like that I'm sure. could even go cropped nonnative pants with heavy socks and those vans. for the top - I'd go for like a fuzzy mohair pullover in like navy to slightly lighter blue. but that completely changes your outfit :P - am forming it with shoes and shawl. your nonnative robe thing might work with that... dif pants tho for sure.post #101814 of 1176689/26/13 at 12:50pmpost #101815 of 1176689/26/13 at 1:29pmpost #101816 of 1176689/26/13 at 1:30pmpost #101817 of 1176689/26/13 at 1:55pmpost #101818 of 1176689/26/13 at 1:59pmpost #101819 of 1176689/26/13 at 2:01pm
Here's why I'm thinking it's not working, because the styling shot is weird but not awful--it could be used reasonably.
the styling shot is different from how you're doing in the following, important ways:
the pants in the styling shot are weirder, more (seemingly) haphazard on the boot shaft, not half-cuffed.
The predistressed denim might be OK if your shirt matched up w/ the vibe.
An outfit idea (not perfect, but a little more coherent):
those boots+jeans without cuffing (you can keep trying the bizarro half-on-half-off attempt), scoop-neck tee (a lazy answer but it's what I can come up with at short notice), weird blazer or cardigan (maybe that long cardigan that's all the rage these days)
what's the rest of that styling shot?
edit: oh. no thanks (Click to show)
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
Currently, there are 1614 Active Users (371 Members and 1243 Guests)
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 45 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 3 minutes ago
- › Insurrection / Thurston Bros., Aero Leather Jackets North America -... 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive) 7 minutes ago
- › Hugo Boss black leather oxford sz, 8.5 (42) 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...