Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6749post #101221 of 1176669/13/13 at 10:43pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #101222 of 1176669/13/13 at 10:51pm
i like the look B!CD.. where'd you get that t shirt? have been trying to find a steel grey or similar coloured one to yours but not sure where to look.
kai: jeans fit you well. i'd hem a bit as the roll looks too chunky but that's a personal preference. i'd say bottom half is fine but i don't like the shirt. even a simple white or light blue ocbd would be better.post #101223 of 1176669/13/13 at 11:15pmpost #101224 of 1176669/14/13 at 12:18ampost #101225 of 1176669/14/13 at 5:31ampost #101226 of 1176669/14/13 at 5:33ampost #101227 of 1176669/14/13 at 6:53amQuote:
interesting, i've never actually thought about my complexion when choosing my tees. thanks though. keeping them v-necks aliveQuote:
It's Everlane! Though I'd recommend the crews over the Vs, which are kinda shallow for most SFers' tastes.post #101228 of 1176669/14/13 at 8:20ampost #101229 of 1176669/14/13 at 8:34ampost #101230 of 1176669/14/13 at 9:08ampost #101231 of 1176669/14/13 at 9:14amJacket without Tie= Fine. Check your local thrift store for some jackets.
Shirt Without Tie = Fine. Invest in some ginghams, checks, microchecks, for some pattern for your shirt
Jacket with Tie= Only option if you want to use ties. You can't go wrong in a grey suit with that shirt and tie you are wearing right now. Umm...Pocket Squares?
But at the end of the day, do what you want to do. Shirt and tie with no jacket will always look mediocre.
You should check out the Classic Menswear Thread. That'll give you some tips.post #101232 of 1176669/14/13 at 10:05am
If it's too hot for a jacket, then no tie. Easy!
If you want 300 answers as to why that shirt and tie are inadequate, why you shouldn't wear jeans, which sicilian tailors make really nice $4000 sportscoats, and why wearing a black belt with brown shoes will give you rectal cancer, then post that pic over in CM.post #101233 of 1176669/14/13 at 10:17am
First day wearing the N&F 12oz "stretch selvedge." Really comfortable right off the bat. The 2% stretch makes such a huge difference. Supposedly these will still fade well too. We'll see. Cuffed here because RAW DENIM but after looking at the photos decided to stack instead. Cuffs are catching on the top of the shoes as you can see.
detail shots (Click to show)
post #101234 of 1176669/14/13 at 10:39am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 40 seconds ago
- › Epaulet Rudy pants size 32 navy and charcoal gray (unworn) 7 minutes ago
- › *** Official Norwegian Rain Bergen by T Michael Thread ******** -... 8 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 11 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 16 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 22 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 31 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge for February 12th; Checks! 32 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.