Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6749post #101221 of 1176669/13/13 at 10:43pmpost #101222 of 1176669/13/13 at 10:51pm
i like the look B!CD.. where'd you get that t shirt? have been trying to find a steel grey or similar coloured one to yours but not sure where to look.
kai: jeans fit you well. i'd hem a bit as the roll looks too chunky but that's a personal preference. i'd say bottom half is fine but i don't like the shirt. even a simple white or light blue ocbd would be better.post #101223 of 1176669/13/13 at 11:15pmpost #101224 of 1176669/14/13 at 12:18ampost #101225 of 1176669/14/13 at 5:31ampost #101226 of 1176669/14/13 at 5:33ampost #101227 of 1176669/14/13 at 6:53amQuote:
interesting, i've never actually thought about my complexion when choosing my tees. thanks though. keeping them v-necks aliveQuote:
It's Everlane! Though I'd recommend the crews over the Vs, which are kinda shallow for most SFers' tastes.post #101228 of 1176669/14/13 at 8:20ampost #101229 of 1176669/14/13 at 8:34ampost #101230 of 1176669/14/13 at 9:08ampost #101231 of 1176669/14/13 at 9:14amJacket without Tie= Fine. Check your local thrift store for some jackets.
Shirt Without Tie = Fine. Invest in some ginghams, checks, microchecks, for some pattern for your shirt
Jacket with Tie= Only option if you want to use ties. You can't go wrong in a grey suit with that shirt and tie you are wearing right now. Umm...Pocket Squares?
But at the end of the day, do what you want to do. Shirt and tie with no jacket will always look mediocre.
You should check out the Classic Menswear Thread. That'll give you some tips.post #101232 of 1176669/14/13 at 10:05am
If it's too hot for a jacket, then no tie. Easy!
If you want 300 answers as to why that shirt and tie are inadequate, why you shouldn't wear jeans, which sicilian tailors make really nice $4000 sportscoats, and why wearing a black belt with brown shoes will give you rectal cancer, then post that pic over in CM.post #101233 of 1176669/14/13 at 10:17am
First day wearing the N&F 12oz "stretch selvedge." Really comfortable right off the bat. The 2% stretch makes such a huge difference. Supposedly these will still fade well too. We'll see. Cuffed here because RAW DENIM but after looking at the photos decided to stack instead. Cuffs are catching on the top of the shoes as you can see.
detail shots (Click to show)
post #101234 of 1176669/14/13 at 10:39ampost #101235 of 1176669/14/13 at 11:10am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Improper cleaning of my dress shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › I'm steamed: Half-canvassed Jos A Bank suit is fused and bubbling 8 minutes ago
- › Men's Hats: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions... 11 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 12 minutes ago
- › Dylan & Son - Singapore - BEWARE! 13 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...