Edited by Superb0bo - 9/2/13 at 3:57am
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 9/19/16 at 4:41pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6720post #100786 of 1176669/1/13 at 11:31ampost #100787 of 1176669/1/13 at 12:30pmpost #100788 of 1176669/1/13 at 12:40pmpost #100789 of 1176669/1/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by fuji
Kind of strange when someone who just joined this month knows what your degree is, but I think this would be quite hard. I wouldn't assume the weight and height of members here are normally distributed. The left tail of the distribution is probably very heavy, there seems to be a lot of very short members and very thin members so it would probably look like chi squared distribution, but it obvs wouldn't be because we aren't just a bunch of squared normal results. Having created a formula for this distribution, doing the necessary integration and creating estimators for the parameters we could create some confidence intervals for the mean height and weight. I'd rather create a multivariate linear regression to estimate an SF members weight based on their height and the size of items of clothes they've bought and sold and if they lift. We may have to use some time series for how long ago they bought the clothes. We could probably get an R value of like 0.8.
I think Superbobo has like a masters or Phd in stats so he'd probably be better at this.
you're drunk (or posing) if you think you'd get an R(squared) of .8 from any 'natural' data set.post #100790 of 1176669/1/13 at 12:58pmQuote:
The post is a joke, I don't think anyone here is creating a linear regression model on sf members height and weight. I just put a random number in, apologies for not using realistic numbers for my theoretical regression model. Please if you would like to go ahead and write in a more realistic number go ahead.post #100791 of 1176669/1/13 at 1:09pmah, fair enough...given the model you specified, weight as y, height and clothes size as x, think something in the range of .2 would even be optimistic. likely lots of error as well (ie, big confidence intervals around coefficient estimates).post #100792 of 1176669/1/13 at 1:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by ropseau2
I don't think fuji is wrong, actually. I think R^2 of .8 is quite reasonable, given how homogeneous the styleforum population is in terms of weight and height. I am assuming Mr Moo (an outlier way out in the right tail) is removed though.
fuji's first approach to create unbiased estimators is quite reasonable. I wouldn't a priori assume a distribution Chi^2 distribution. I would treat it as a gamma distribution, and do what fuji says.
lol, what? distribution of the dependent variable doesn't matter provided they're IID and the errors are assumed (and checked) to be normal.Quote:Originally Posted by ropseau2
Well, clothes size is a different issue altogether. We may safely assume 99.9999999% try to squeeze themselves into XS or S, no matter what their height and weight.
Take Reedobandito, for example. height 5'10", or thereaobuts. Weight 160lb +/- 20lb, if I read his posts correctly.
Then there's Mr Moo! Height 5'5", or therebouts. Weight 295 lb, by his own admission last Tuesday!
There will be absolutely no correlation between weight and clothing size!
I would be far more concerned about reporting error (a systematic bias in the sampling), because of Styleforum members consistently underreporting their weight and clothes size.post #100793 of 1176669/1/13 at 1:32pmpost #100794 of 1176669/1/13 at 1:34pmpost #100795 of 1176669/1/13 at 1:47pmpost #100796 of 1176669/1/13 at 2:54pm
in order to get this thread back on track and flaming people for dressing poorly instead of whatever the hell is going on now, I am going to post an mc fit with "slippers" so you all can get back to doing what you do best
x-postpost #100797 of 1176669/1/13 at 3:04pmpost #100798 of 1176669/1/13 at 3:10pmpost #100799 of 1176669/1/13 at 3:13pmi actually really like the fit of everything, but yeah not feeling the footwear.
also, since this is a weekend and no one's telling you what to do, I'd either go all out and rock a textured tie or lose the shirt and ps and don a tee for dat SWD uniform look. your current look is pretty good but lacking in punch nameen
edit: wait, are those jeans? aiiight definitely go with a tee unless you're more of a serious chap, in which case carry on with the current lookpost #100800 of 1176669/1/13 at 3:16pmChallenged myself to wear blue jeans. Further challenged myself to wear boots with them instead of sneakers. Haha.
And yes I tried not cuffing and it looked bad so I don't wanna hear it
Also fit pic of dip dye sized up 2 that someone asked to see in the Geller thread
(was spoilered since I just posted a dip dye last week but ah fuck it)
Edited by melonadejello - 9/1/13 at 3:37pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1314 Active Users (257 Members and 1057 Guests)
- › Best Underwear You've Worn? 3 minutes ago
- › TEN TIES, FIVE JACKETS (10/5 THREAD): SPRING-SUMMER EDITION 4 minutes ago
- › Oakstreet Bootmakers Natural Beefroll Penny Loader - 10.5D 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Four J.Crew Classic Fit Wool Trousers All 34/30 14 minutes ago
- › Where to buy 3 piece suit? 14 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...