Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/12/17 at 8:24am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6713post #100681 of 1176668/30/13 at 9:34amIncidentally, thanks for clearing up what a 'sideboard' is. I just finished reading The Sound and the Fury, and the narrator in the first section keeps mentioning hearing the sideboard open and close (in reference to a character's constant drinking). I meant to look it up, but I guess it slipped my mind.post #100682 of 1176668/30/13 at 10:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
I think that some of you guys - I won't name names - are being unnecessarily rude to Diglet. Allow me to expand:
1) Re: Setting. Verdant forest? Overgrown bench? Crumbling tree house in the background? That is awesome. Would you prefer a curated background? More bokeh? We can't all have walls like kgfan.
2) Blazer. I cannot imagine wearing that without the collar popped. The shoulders, while not as shrink-wrapped as people (still!) seem to insist on, I find pleasant. I like a wide shoulder like that, though, particularly on blazers that toe the line between cardigan and outerwear. The sleeves are similar. Yes, they're too long, but a single roll wouldn't be incongruent with the texture or shape of the jacket.
3) The tees are tees.
4) The pants are the only piece that look off to me, and that's nothing a hem won't fix.
5) boot tuck is whatever. hemming the pants and lacing more tightly would fix it up. I still like tucking my pants, fuck the haters.
Basically, it is not a disaster, which seems to be the bizarre consensus. I think that looking at some attachment styling would help, but there's no reason to get rid of everything, especially if the kid is "still growing." Myself, I'd probably just wear a white tee instead of layering, and change out the pants for something less messy. Easy breezy, and all that.
Thank god sythese is here with some sense
also when did mikey become a one-note internet tough guy trollpost #100683 of 1176668/30/13 at 10:29ampost #100684 of 1176668/30/13 at 10:45ampost #100685 of 1176668/30/13 at 11:38ampost #100686 of 1176668/30/13 at 11:59ampost #100687 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:13pmpost #100688 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:24pmpost #100689 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:26pmpost #100690 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:37pmpost #100691 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:14pmpost #100692 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:14pmpost #100693 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:18pmJust wait until you start looking at prices on light fixtures. Sure designer pendant lighting and chandeliers are really expensive, but even basic things like simple recessed lighting are not cheap. I've been helping my parents with some remodeling choices and it adds up real quick.post #100694 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:20pmpost #100695 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:30pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1304 Active Users (200 Members and 1104 Guests)
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › claymorebrothers.com 9 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 10 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 18 minutes ago
- › For Sale: Freemans Sporting Club shirt Dark Green L 20 minutes ago
- › NWT Lardini Cream Cotton/Linen Blazer 40R Slim 23 minutes ago
- › RING JACKET Sport Coat for Sale - Size 36R, $300, OBO 23 minutes ago
- › FS: NWT Super gorgeous Caruso sportcoat 48 (eu) / 38 (us)...Just... 23 minutes ago
- › FS:Edward Green Laughton Cloud Antique Calf Cap-toe Shoes 890 Last... 23 minutes ago
- › Destin Surl Dedo Square Scarf by robxznyc
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...