Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 2/5/16 at 9:34am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 6713post #100681 of 1176668/30/13 at 9:34amIncidentally, thanks for clearing up what a 'sideboard' is. I just finished reading The Sound and the Fury, and the narrator in the first section keeps mentioning hearing the sideboard open and close (in reference to a character's constant drinking). I meant to look it up, but I guess it slipped my mind.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #100682 of 1176668/30/13 at 10:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Synthese
I think that some of you guys - I won't name names - are being unnecessarily rude to Diglet. Allow me to expand:
1) Re: Setting. Verdant forest? Overgrown bench? Crumbling tree house in the background? That is awesome. Would you prefer a curated background? More bokeh? We can't all have walls like kgfan.
2) Blazer. I cannot imagine wearing that without the collar popped. The shoulders, while not as shrink-wrapped as people (still!) seem to insist on, I find pleasant. I like a wide shoulder like that, though, particularly on blazers that toe the line between cardigan and outerwear. The sleeves are similar. Yes, they're too long, but a single roll wouldn't be incongruent with the texture or shape of the jacket.
3) The tees are tees.
4) The pants are the only piece that look off to me, and that's nothing a hem won't fix.
5) boot tuck is whatever. hemming the pants and lacing more tightly would fix it up. I still like tucking my pants, fuck the haters.
Basically, it is not a disaster, which seems to be the bizarre consensus. I think that looking at some attachment styling would help, but there's no reason to get rid of everything, especially if the kid is "still growing." Myself, I'd probably just wear a white tee instead of layering, and change out the pants for something less messy. Easy breezy, and all that.
Thank god sythese is here with some sense
also when did mikey become a one-note internet tough guy trollpost #100683 of 1176668/30/13 at 10:29ampost #100684 of 1176668/30/13 at 10:45ampost #100685 of 1176668/30/13 at 11:38ampost #100686 of 1176668/30/13 at 11:59ampost #100687 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:13pmpost #100688 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:24pmpost #100689 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:26pmpost #100690 of 1176668/30/13 at 12:37pmpost #100691 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:14pmpost #100692 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:14pmpost #100693 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:18pmJust wait until you start looking at prices on light fixtures. Sure designer pendant lighting and chandeliers are really expensive, but even basic things like simple recessed lighting are not cheap. I've been helping my parents with some remodeling choices and it adds up real quick.post #100694 of 1176668/30/13 at 1:20pm
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?
Currently, there are 1548 Active Users (360 Members and 1188 Guests)
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 12 seconds ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 38 seconds ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 42 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › 125k Pull Ups in 2016 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...