or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Whats with celebrities at red carpet events and long pants?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Whats with celebrities at red carpet events and long pants?

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
I was just checking out this blog and all I notice is how many of the celebrities walking the red carpet at the Grammys have terribly long pants with ridiculous pools of fabric bunching up at their ankles. You would think that someone like the Jonas Brothers would be able to get someone to go ahead and hem those up before the show, no?

http://www.theurbangent.com/2010/02/...52nd.html#more
post #2 of 16
post #3 of 16
Thread Starter 
How the hell is this spam? WTF? Its a legitimate question.
post #4 of 16
its because they hire idiots to dress them up.
post #5 of 16
They are also VERY VERY short, and are likely wearing off the rack.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessbaumung View Post
I was just checking out this blog and all I notice is how many of the celebrities walking the red carpet at the Grammys have terribly long pants with ridiculous pools of fabric bunching up at their ankles. You would think that someone like the Jonas Brothers would be able to get someone to go ahead and hem those up before the show, no?

http://www.theurbangent.com/2010/02/...52nd.html#more

Actually, Nick Jonas was one of the very few people I saw putting forth a respectable effort at the Grammys. Sure his sleeves and pants were slightly too long, and he had no waist covering, but compared to almost everyone else, he was doing well.
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflystyle View Post
They are also VERY VERY short, and are likely wearing off the rack.

Trousers are one of the few things that can easily fit short people OTR, because it is so easy just to hem them shorter. You would think these celebrities could afford $10 to have a pair of trousers hemmed...
post #8 of 16
Maybe they did but then they decided to wear their pants lower. I mean I saw one guy there who wasn't wearing a belt with his gray suit, I mean even if you don't need one it is a pretty important accessory imo. Most of those guys don't look like they know what they are doing.
post #9 of 16
What the fuck

post #10 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Said View Post
Most of those guys don't look like they know what they are doing.

Case in point :P

Also his species is just trying to greet the human race. No need to be judgemental :P

well... a little need.
post #11 of 16
Actually, the real reason is because their clothes are provided free through deals sourced by their agents, and they have to return them after the event.
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by apropos View Post
Actually, the real reason is because their clothes are provided free through deals sourced by their agents, and they have to return them after the event.
Yup... and plain and simple marketing/product placement even if the clothes don't fit (and as anyone has ever done a fashion shoot will understand why duct tape and bulldog clips are a stylists best fiend).
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Said View Post
Maybe they did but then they decided to wear their pants lower.
Most of those guys don't look like they know what they are doing.
This. These guys are HOW old, and have been wearing WHAT (jeans) all their young lives? So, what is the first thing you do when you put on a pair of tailored trousers after wearing jeans all your life? Right. Shove 'em back down onto your hips. Or go buy incos (training pants).
post #14 of 16
I would say it's more then just there pants, all around things were way too big on them. I appricate them trying to class it up a bit but it seemed like a lot of them were trying to hard and out of their elements. Just because you throw on a suit your not looking good unless it fits well and you feel comfortable and confident in it.
post #15 of 16
Usher looked pretty good and it's not like I like him, rest of these freaks not so much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Whats with celebrities at red carpet events and long pants?