or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Guide to Buying Canned Sardines
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guide to Buying Canned Sardines - Page 11

post #151 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

You don't find the fuel usage due to shipping fish from the US to Vietnam and back sketchy? You don't worry about the low pay in those factories? Those sardines should be called Sketchy Kill the Planet, not Wild Planet.

You should see some of the seafood related factories in Vietnam, downright scary. I got those from Costco as well and thought they were good until I saw the box. The are pretty crafting hiding Vietnam
post #152 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

You don't find the fuel usage due to shipping fish from the US to Vietnam and back sketchy? You don't worry about the low pay in those factories? Those sardines should be called Sketchy Kill the Planet, not Wild Planet.

Actually, I find the tax structure, anti-business government, and regulatory nightmare that is The People's Republic of California - where these are caught - sketchy; that's the reason work like this get's shipped to Vietnam (and elsewhere). Companies like these are just adapting to the conditions the libs set forth.

I didn't want to engage, but I'm tired of seeing nonsense like that go unchallenged.
post #153 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by razl View Post

Actually, I find the tax structure, anti-business government, and regulatory nightmare that is The People's Republic of California - where these are caught - sketchy; that's the reason work like this get's shipped to Vietnam (and elsewhere). Companies like these are just adapting to the conditions the libs set forth.
I didn't want to engage, but I'm tired of seeing nonsense like that go unchallenged.

Typical right wing bullshit. Unenlightened tripe from the kind of jerk who thinks women ought to be at home, barefoot and pregnant.
post #154 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Typical right wing bullshit. Unenlightened tripe from the kind of jerk who thinks women ought to be at home, barefoot and pregnant.

Since my wife is an attorney with one of the top 5 law firms in the state of FL (I think #3 in their specialty?), she wears fantastic shoes, and we don't have children ourselves, it seems you don't have any idea what the fuck you're talking about.

[additional non-sardine engagement self deleted...] OK, everyone's seen each side of the aside, let's get back to sardines.
post #155 of 159
Just FWIW, I totally agree with you. I was having fun mocking the guy above whose posts often have the tone I took. The rest was too good to pass up. You sound lucky in your choice of wives.
post #156 of 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsstillmatt View Post

Just FWIW, I totally agree with you. I was having fun mocking the guy above whose posts often have the tone I took. The rest was too good to pass up. You sound lucky in your choice of wives.

[Whoosh!] the sound of your sarcasm going right over my head! Sorry, your post was so straight forward I didn't spot the wink. fistbump.gif

ps - I am super lucky on the wife, but boy was law school tough on the two of us...
post #157 of 159
facepalm.gif
post #158 of 159

Actually, Brunswick sardines in water freaking rock, because they look, taste, and smell natural.

 

Sorry, but "Millionnaire" sardines are complete garbage, and a waste of money. Dry, salty as hell, and skinless. Wow, great value for the money.

 

Now use your heads and get some real sardines, kids. Stop wasting your money. Next?

post #159 of 159
Grits and sardines are among my favorite meals. Great thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Guide to Buying Canned Sardines