or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread - Page 163

post #2431 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrick View Post

I've been thinking about these really hard the last few weeks, anyone picked one up? I'd love to see a photo in the wild so to speak, or with a little bit of patina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

I have been considering one as well

We have sold a ton of the natural horsehide so far. The reason I did this belt is:
1) I have not seen horse hide used much in the current market, especially for a belt, and I wanted one to offer for our customers
2) I love how horse ages. It tends to have a more grainy appearance, and thus more variation and natural markings that develop as it darkens.
3) Horsehide is stiff, but can be thinner compared to cowhide and just as durable.
4) We were able to offer them at reasonable price.

I am not a real leather guy, so any of you real leather people can probably give a better description and more details. These particular belts have not been out long enough to see any serious aging, but it is natural horsehide and a Google search should show some photos of some items.

As for the design, I wanted a single buckle solid brass style in a 1.5" width is the right size for denims to fit nicely through belt loops. Too many roller buckles out there right now, I prefer a one piece buckle if I have a choice. The 7 holes at a 3/4" width and the 4 set reverse rivets is Dustin's design, which is easier to size and looks great and really durable.

The other two colors are Chromexcel which speak for themselves.
post #2432 of 2458

Hey Jay. Milo here. How are you? Have you ever considered doing a collab with a boot manufacturer like Viberg? Just thought that would be pretty cool. Iron Heart, for example, has been doing it for a while. And I desperately need more NA retailors to stock those boots.

post #2433 of 2458
We do SF x Viberg collaborations regularly. We have done 4 rounds abd like 6 makeups. The next ones will be put together in September. I would suggest watching the Viberg thread
post #2434 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by rydenfan View Post

We do SF x Viberg collaborations regularly. We have done 4 rounds abd like 6 makeups. The next ones will be put together in September. I would suggest watching the Viberg thread

 

Done and done, respectively. Thanks.

 

-SK

post #2435 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrick View Post


I've been thinking about these really hard the last few weeks, anyone picked one up? I'd love to see a photo in the wild so to speak, or with a little bit of patina.


I picked one up about a month back, really like it.  The leather is really nice, fit and finish are first rate.  The indicated size was spot on as well.  Like Jay said above, the 7 holes and 3/4" spacing are the jam for sizing, you'll never end up on one of the last holes looking like you've gained/lost 20lbs after you bought it.  I gave mine a light coat of wax to help keep the indigo from rubbing in off my jeans.  Overall, really liking it and recommended, it's understated but very nice.  Here is a crappy iphone pic after about 20 wears:

post #2436 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by zargoz View Post


I picked one up about a month back, really like it.  The leather is really nice, fit and finish are first rate.  The indicated size was spot on as well.  Like Jay said above, the 7 holes and 3/4" spacing are the jam for sizing, you'll never end up on one of the last holes looking like you've gained/lost 20lbs after you bought it.  I gave mine a light coat of wax to help keep the indigo from rubbing in off my jeans.  Overall, really liking it and recommended, it's understated but very nice.  Here is a crappy iphone pic after about 20 wears:


Hey man thanks for taking the time to get a photo! I was also considering indigo rub off since my current light tan belt is getting really grungy. Any waxy leather treatment ought to work, right?

Ed: I should add, the 7 hole approach makes me really happy too; I have at least one belt kicking around that only had 3, now completely worthless unless I get a tapeworm.
post #2437 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrick View Post


Hey man thanks for taking the time to get a photo! I was also considering indigo rub off since my current light tan belt is getting really grungy. Any waxy leather treatment ought to work, right?

Ed: I should add, the 7 hole approach makes me really happy too; I have at least one belt kicking around that only had 3, now completely worthless unless I get a tapeworm.


Happy to help.  I am by no means a leather expert, but I went with light coat of a neutral carnauba wax product as I wanted to put a protective coat on top but not do much to change the color.  So I'd go waxier vs oilier as far as treatment.  I noticed it darkened very slightly with the application.  We'll see how it works out but my thinking is any indigo transfer on top of the wax layer should be able to be removed.  If I only wore it with denim I wouldn't mind so much, but I also wear it with chinos, shorts, etc. Hoping for a nice patina with age but don't want it to end up blue.

post #2438 of 2458

Some exciting new FW14 items from Naked and Famous just landed.


The Beast is Back! The fourth generation of the Naked & Famous elephant fabric clocks in at 22oz and features a super dark deep indigo warp with a black weft. Great color that will result in stark electric blue fades.


Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Elephant 4 22oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo/Black. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $195. For more information on the Elephant 4 click here


The weft uses a twisted multicolor yarn that pokes through and gives the surface a subtle and unique appearance.


Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Twisted Candy Weft 14oz Selvedge Denim in Indigo. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $185. For more information on the Twisted Candy Weft click here


This is the Amber color of the stretch corduroy that we received in burgundy a while back. The 11oz rigged and stretch corduroy is soft and has a little bit of stretch making these an incredibly comfortable pant. We currently have this one in the "Skinny Guy" and "Super Skinny Guy" fits.


Naked and Famous "Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroy in Amber. 98% cotton and 2% elastane. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $138. For more information click here


Naked and Famous "Super Skinny Guy" Stretch Corduroy in Amber. 98% cotton 2% elastane. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $138. For more information click here


The warp yarns are dyed in real pomegranate tannin and the weft is dyed brown.


Naked and Famous "Weird Guy" Left Hand Twill 14oz Selvedge Denim in Pomegranate/Brown. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-36. $205. For more information click here
Edited by Jay-D - 8/8/14 at 5:01pm
post #2439 of 2458
Hey Jay, will you guys be getting any more Momotaro in the tight tapered cut any time soon?


I've been eyeing the 18 oz. version, but was kinda hoping for a leather patch and maybe some battle stripes (preferably the kind sewn into the inside of the pocket so that they fade into view - would be so cool!).
post #2440 of 2458

Those new belts in the blue owl site look fantastic

post #2441 of 2458
Naked & Famous 6oz "Regular Shirt" Kimono Dots/Flies


A new Kimono Print "Regular Shirt" from the Naked and Famous FW14 lineup just arrived.



The outside of the fabric features simple print made up of gold and dark red dragon flies that are scattered about. The inside however features a print made up of gold dots on a black background making for a nice detail that is revealed when you roll up your sleeves.


Naked & Famous "Regular Shirt" Kimono Dots/Flies in Red. 100% cotton, made in Canada. Sizes Small to Large. $125. For more information, click here.
post #2442 of 2458

anyone got any pics of the japan blue x blueowl colab?? 

post #2443 of 2458
1428482


We are excited to offer this limited production item from our friends at rogue territory, the 16.75oz Heavyweight Slub in both Stanton and SK fits. The fabric has a lot of character with all the classic details and quality construction we've come to expect from Rogue Territory.

1428483

1428484


This is a seasonal one time production item. The fabric is a 16.75oz sanforized pure indigo slub selvedge denim.

1428485

Rogue Territory "Slub Stanton" 16.75oz Selvedge in Indigo. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information on the Rogue Territory Stanton 14.5oz Selvedge in indigo, click here.

1428486


Rogue Territory "Slub SK" 16.75oz Selvedge in Indigo. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information on the Rogue Territory Stanton 14.5oz Selvedge in indigo, click here.

1428487

The indigo over-dye in both the Stanton and SK fits arrived just over a week ago as part of Rogue Territory's FW14 collection.



1428488


1428489


This is a seasonal one-time production item and is made with a 14.5oz sanforized pure indigo selvedge denim from Nihon Menpu mills. The jean has been submerged in a vat of indigo, then rinsed and dried in a massive oven. This is a garment-dyed jean, each has been dyed by hand and has its own unique shade of indigo. As you can see the over-dye process effects the pocket bags, selvedge line, and even some of the hardware assuring that no two pairs are alike.<<br />
1428490



Rogue Territory "Over-Dye Stanton" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo Over-Dye. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information click here.



1428491


Rogue Territory "Over-Dye SK" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo Over-Dye. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information click here.
post #2444 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post

1428482


We are excited to offer this limited production item from our friends at rogue territory, the 16.75oz Heavyweight Slub in both Stanton and SK fits. The fabric has a lot of character with all the classic details and quality construction we've come to expect from Rogue Territory.

1428483

1428484


This is a seasonal one time production item. The fabric is a 16.75oz sanforized pure indigo slub selvedge denim.

1428485

Rogue Territory "Slub Stanton" 16.75oz Selvedge in Indigo. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information on the Rogue Territory Stanton 14.5oz Selvedge in indigo, click here.

1428486


Rogue Territory "Slub SK" 16.75oz Selvedge in Indigo. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information on the Rogue Territory Stanton 14.5oz Selvedge in indigo, click here.

1428487

The indigo over-dye in both the Stanton and SK fits arrived just over a week ago as part of Rogue Territory's FW14 collection.



1428488


1428489


This is a seasonal one-time production item and is made with a 14.5oz sanforized pure indigo selvedge denim from Nihon Menpu mills. The jean has been submerged in a vat of indigo, then rinsed and dried in a massive oven. This is a garment-dyed jean, each has been dyed by hand and has its own unique shade of indigo. As you can see the over-dye process effects the pocket bags, selvedge line, and even some of the hardware assuring that no two pairs are alike.<<br />
1428490



Rogue Territory "Over-Dye Stanton" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo Over-Dye. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information click here.



1428491


Rogue Territory "Over-Dye SK" 14.5oz Selvedge in Indigo Over-Dye. 100% cotton. Sizes 27-34, 36, 38. Made in USA (Los Angeles, CA). $245. For more information click here.


if I'm a size 30 in the 14.5 stanton should I go a size higher for the 16.7oz?
post #2445 of 2458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillmaticbeat View Post

if I'm a size 30 in the 14.5 stanton should I go a size higher for the 16.7oz?
You will be a 30 in the 16.75 as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread