Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- topicKMW Kicking Mule Workshoptagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandMomotarotagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- itemMomotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo)tagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandNaked And Famoustagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- topicSugar Canetagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CP Army Mid 43, Acne jeans 33, Sugarcane 30X30 chino, Golden Goose chino, NdG, CdG, Last post on 3/29/11 at 3:47pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Today at 2:51 am in Streetwear and Denim
- STYLEFORUM DOES JAPAN Last post on 5/20/15 at 11:22am in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread - Page 144
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2147 of 25809/18/13 at 8:59am
The latest of Naked & Famous' secret weapons just hit our store, and this one is going to blow your mind. A multi-color weft that is, every thread, painstakingly hand dyed. We had a chance to talk with the crazy guys who came up with this, and here's how its done: The thread is wrapped around a large, flat surface and bunched up to create an almost solid, faux surface of thread. Once the entire spool is wrapped, the thread is dyed in small 2-3 inch strips horizontally across the surface. Once all of the tread is dyed, it is re-spooled an sent to be used on the shuttle looms. Because of this unique dying process if you follow any one thread across the inside of the jean you can see it change colors multiple times!
Like all Naked & Famous denim, the fabric is milled in Japan and the jeans are sewn in Canada. A limited production of only 175 pairs of this denim were made, and we've got all 44 that were shipped to the United States. Its a truly limited edition run of a beautiful, unique fabric, and we're pumped to see how they will evolve once worn.
Naked & Famous "Weird Guy" 13oz Hand Dyed Weft Limited Edition. 100% cotton. Made in Canada. Sizes 28-34, 36. $245. For more information on the N&F weird guy hand dyed weft, click here.
The weft is a subtle, yet striking detail on the surface of the denim.
The multi-color yarn can even be spotted in the selvedge.post #2148 of 25809/18/13 at 9:03ampost #2149 of 25809/18/13 at 9:18ampost #2150 of 25809/18/13 at 5:29pmpost #2151 of 25809/19/13 at 7:24ampost #2152 of 25809/21/13 at 6:46ampost #2153 of 25809/23/13 at 3:56pm
The most anticipated denim of the Naked & Famous Fall/Winter '13 lineup has arrived...the Okayama Spirit! The Okayama Spirit denim is a heavy, 16oz, slubby, unsanforized denim that is definitely a contender for our favorite Naked & Famous fabric yet. The denim is currently offered in Slim Guy (available here) and Weird Guy (available here) fits, with Super Skinny Guy on the way. Lets dive into the details!
The denim draws inspiration the Japan Heritage line, but takes the concept to a new level. It is produced in the same very small, boutique-like denim mill that specializes in artisan denim. The mill can boast brands such as Samurai and Oni. The amazing slubby, handwoven-like texture of the fabric is among the best of its kind. We're seriously impressed with this new offering from Naked & Famous. While the fabric is unsanforized, it has been hot iron pressed which removes much of the shrinkage. You can expect .25"-.5" in the waist and .5"-.75" in the inseam.
The other details on the jean keep up with the quality of the denim. A 10oz natural vegetable tanned patch on the back makes for a solid compliment which will age along with the jeans. The denim has custom "Naked & Famous" buttons, and custom "JE T'ADORE TOUTE NUE" rivets. The coin pocket sports a selvedge line across the top on the slim guy and a hidden selvedge detail on the weird guy. As always, the denim is sewn in Canada.
The slubby nature of the yarn can be seen in the red and white selvedge. This jean makes for a perfect standard indigo denim for those that want to see more character in the denim.post #2154 of 25809/23/13 at 4:48pm
the okayama spirits look amazing, one of the best looking fabrics i've seen. looking at the measurements it seems the new slim guy is almost exactly like the older weird guy use to be, and the weird guy now has a much smaller leg opening and shorter rise than before. or maybe its because of the hot iron press?
Edited by Shogyo Mujo - 9/23/13 at 5:01pmpost #2155 of 25809/30/13 at 9:35pmIn Seattle for business so I stopped by Blue Owl, great shop, and if you think Jay and the Blue Owl crews online service is great, just wait till you visit them in person. Got my BOM006's hemmed, and picked up a great pair of The West is Dead Chinos.
Thanks again Jay, and seriously anyone who is in Seattle, make sure you stop by and visit the Blue Owl store!post #2156 of 258010/1/13 at 8:56pmNaked & Famous x Big John x Rockin' Jelly Bean "Super Skinny Guy" 14.5oz RURI Denim Collaboration:
The Naked & Famous x Big John collaboration is finally here, featuring artwork from Japanese pop artist Rockin' Jelly Bean. This is the first of Naked & Famous' collaborations that makes use of the Super Skinny Guy fit, with a very slim thigh and strong taper from the knee to the leg opening. Big John has provided their RURI denim for this release, a 14.5oz indigo dyed selvedge. The light color is created by dying the yarn for less time than a standard denim.
The leather patch features Rockin' Jelly Bean artwork with both Big John and Naked & Famous' names. Rockin' Jelly Bean has a sort of cult following in Japan, created through his mysterious persona and provocative art. When making public appearances he wears Mexican wrestling masks and always keeps girls at his side. His 60's and 70's pin-up style artwork with two girls, one representing Japan and the other Canada, is featured both on the leather patch, on the back pocket tag, and on a small poster that comes with the denim. Often his artwork can be seen fetching prices upwards of $100!
The jean itself is sewn by Big John, and uses their custom branded rivets and buttons. The inside of the waist band has tags for all three collaborators.
The selvedge line is white with blue and yellow highlights, in typical Big John style.
Naked & Famous x Big John x Rockin' Jelly Bean "Super Skinny Guy" 14.5oz RURI Denim Collaboration. 100% cotton, made in Japan. Sizes 28-34, 36. $265. For more information and pictures, check it out on our online site: http://www.blueowl.us/product/naked-and-famous-x-big-john-x-rockin-jelly-bean-super-skinny-guy-145oz-ruri-denim-collaboration/
Also see our blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/10/naked-famous-x-big-john-x-rockin-jelly.html
Edited by Jay-D - 10/2/13 at 2:38pmpost #2157 of 258010/2/13 at 1:45pmI'm not that into N&F, but the Okayama Spirits and the new Big John collab look great.
There is a typo in the description of the Big John collabQuote:His 60's and 70's pin-up style artwork with two girls, one representing Japan and the other is featured both on the leather patch, on the back pocket tag, and on a small poster that comes with the denim.
Doesn't read that well and probably misses some words
Also, my anti-virus software reports blueowl.us as a threat. Is this the case for more people?post #2158 of 258010/2/13 at 2:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by Mistral
I'm not that into N&F, but the Okayama Spirits and the new Big John collab look great.
There is a typo in the description of the Big John collab
Doesn't read that well and probably misses some words
Also, my anti-virus software reports blueowl.us as a threat. Is this the case for more people?
Thanks for catching that, must have been cut out somehow.post #2159 of 258010/2/13 at 4:40pm
This time Naked and Famous is coming to us with the perfect cross between a white and a grey denim. The Arctic selvedge is great for anyone who wants a white denim, but not something so flashy and hard to keep clean, or those who like grey denim but don't want a dull slate of color. Available in the Weird Guy (click here) and Super Skinny Guy (click here) fits.
A lightweight black dyed leather patch adorns the back. The fabric itself is two different greys woven together: A heather grey warp and charcoal melange weft that creates a unique ashy look. At a 13oz weight, it is truly a seasonless denim.
The denim sports custom rivets and buttons. The Super Skinny Guy fit features exposed selvedge on the coin pocket, while the Weird Guy's pocket selvedge is hidden.
The charcoal warp can be seen in the cuff. A pure whit selvedge line makes for a discrete detail.
- Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › things that are making you happy 3 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Polo Ralph Lauren Blackwatch Tartan Oilcloth Jacket Barbour... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan