or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread - Page 103

post #1531 of 2442
Agreed I'm sure Jay is busy with something justifiable...your email is ti e and date stamped so that'll have u covered. How did u size by the way.? I'm thinking of grabbing a pair
post #1532 of 2442
Yeah, thanks guys. It seemed curious since I know he usually responds quickly to emails, so I thought there could be something extraneous going on as well. I'll hold tight for now.

Regarding sizing:
I have a pair of ST-100x in a size 33 that fit perfectly, but I bought a size 32 in the ST-120x based on the size charts and Jay stating that the ST-120x run ran a little large. Unfortunately, they are so tight that I can barely even pull them up to my waist and I could only button the bottom button! They are so tight I'm a little concerned that a size 33 will even work and I know a 34 will be too big in the waist! My ST-100x were bought in August 2011, so I'm wondering if some pattern tweaks were made that slimmed the cut down?

I'm wondering if I should attempt the size 33 in ST-120x or go with the SL-120x cut... I do own the SL-BNY1 in a size 33 but I much prefer the ST cut to the SL, so I'm hoping I can get something working in the ST cut.
post #1533 of 2442
wonder why no hemming for the heavy unbranded brands? They offered hemming on the E2s
post #1534 of 2442
Probably too thin or they don't have matching fabric for the inseam
post #1535 of 2442
Basically this denim is sewn with a double felled inseam which is two layers of denim.  We have fold this 2 times to hem, so where this double felled is on the hem it is literally .5” thick and we do have any needles that can penetrate it.  Never had any issues with Ironheart or Samurai, but they are single felled.  We will probably figure out how to do it soon, it was done in factory with a chainstitch so we can do it, but need to calibrate our machine and get the right needles which are on order.

 

Best, Jay – Blue Owl


Jay's explanation as to why they can't be hemmed as of yet
post #1536 of 2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs87 View Post

Regarding sizing:
I have a pair of ST-100x in a size 33 that fit perfectly, but I bought a size 32 in the ST-120x based on the size charts and Jay stating that the ST-120x run ran a little large. Unfortunately, they are so tight that I can barely even pull them up to my waist and I could only button the bottom button! They are so tight I'm a little concerned that a size 33 will even work and I know a 34 will be too big in the waist! My ST-100x were bought in August 2011, so I'm wondering if some pattern tweaks were made that slimmed the cut down?

I'm wondering if I should attempt the size 33 in ST-120x or go with the SL-120x cut... I do own the SL-BNY1 in a size 33 but I much prefer the ST cut to the SL, so I'm hoping I can get something working in the ST cut.


Thanks for that...I was worried about the knee to lower thigh area. The knee is quite slim and I bet that's probably why u are having issues getting them on. I have a pair of IH555's which gave me the same issue. They have a 12 in thigh but a 8 in knee .That's the point of the Jean that normally begins any friction when trying on a pair of skinny jeans. I would go with the 33's myself simply because of the knee thigh measurements. Even though the waist is a tad big.. I think u can do the same
post #1537 of 2442

Has Jay responded to anyone lately?

 

Edit - nvm he emailed back


Edited by willrh1 - 1/18/13 at 3:29pm
post #1538 of 2442
He must have been busy with something today. I emailed for an exchange and got no reply, then I called an it went to voice mail.
post #1539 of 2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrh1 View Post

Has Jay responded to anyone lately?

Edit - nvm he emailed back

I'm still waiting for a response to my email originally on 1/10. Hopefully soon since you got an email back.

Either way, I hope everything is well since he has always been incredibly responsive from what I've seen in this thread and others.
post #1540 of 2442

I'd just email him again, that's what I did.

post #1541 of 2442
He could be on holiday or at the trade shows. It is a one man show afterall.
post #1542 of 2442
post #1543 of 2442
damn, you guys are a bunch of needy girls.

Don't ask Jay how many emails we have exchanged. shog[1].gif .
post #1544 of 2442
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcs87 View Post

I'm still waiting for a response to my email originally on 1/10. Hopefully soon since you got an email back.

Either way, I hope everything is well since he has always been incredibly responsive from what I've seen in this thread and others.

Just wanted to give an update, but Jay reached out to me this morning through email and then we spoke over the phone and he's getting me all squared away! Sounds like things were pretty busy with NYC Fashion Week and the days leading up to it.

Jay explained that there were some pattern tweaks were made on the ST cut about 1.5yrs ago that slimmed down the thigh and leg. We gathered that my ST-100x must have been produced prior to the tweaks. While we were on the phone, Jay measured several of the size 32s and 33s and selected one of each size that he thought that after stretching, would get me close to measurements I gave him on my current ST-100x's that fit perfectly. Jay is going to send me the 2 pairs in the mail and then I'll pick one and return the other one along with the one that I already have that doesn't fit.

Excellent service! Thanks, Jay!
post #1545 of 2442
Class ^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread