or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread - Page 99

post #1471 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

Those JB's look great! Awesome work on the collabs you're releasing lately Jay.

Thank you! I am happy the way this one turned out.

I have been wanting an indigo/indigo with contrast stitching for a long time. Most denims that have been released the past few seasons use matching thread that makes the denim look like a pant, this one definely looks more like a denim when brand new and I think a lot of people will appreciate that.
post #1472 of 2425
Yeah, it looks great. More casual and thus jeans-like. Bet they will do very good. By the way...Will you be releasing a collab in the future that features the fabric of the Grand Indigo? I just love that color.
post #1473 of 2425
Double post
post #1474 of 2425
^ that's the bomo06
post #1475 of 2425

Those JBs are fucking gorgeous too bad they aren't tapered, would cop so fast.

post #1476 of 2425
Jay, you know what would be really cool? Hidden battle strikes or stripes a la half lined backpocket style. Don't know if it is possible though.
post #1477 of 2425

I just want to jump in the circlejerk and express my satisfaction with the customer service Jay provides. Even with being bogged down by the sale, he got back to me on an exchange issue, and I got to use the sale towards the duck canvas in the store. I'm originally from Portland, with friends in Seattle, so I hope to make it up to the store someday. For now I'll admire his work from the east coast, and will certainly purchase more. THANKS JAY!

post #1478 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluetooth View Post

Those JBs are fucking gorgeous too bad they aren't tapered, would cop so fast.

I agree, except I'm the opposite fitwise! I need the waist of a 31 w/ all the other dimensions of a 32...which I've found doesn't really exist in Momos.

I'd be happy if If someone wants to prove me wrong though...
post #1479 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

I agree, except I'm the opposite fitwise! I need the waist of a 31 w/ all the other dimensions of a 32...which I've found doesn't really exist in Momos.
I'd be happy if If someone wants to prove me wrong though...

Same problems. Sizing up isn't too bad though if it's only waist issues.
post #1480 of 2425
Yeah, I've considered it, but I'm sort of committed to not having a gappy, slightly oversize waist from day 1 on expensive denim. Just seems like there are enough cuts out there I should be able to find the fit that works...but sometimes it gets annoying.
post #1481 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Yeah, I've considered it, but I'm sort of committed to not having a gappy, slightly oversize waist from day 1 on expensive denim. Just seems like there are enough cuts out there I should be able to find the fit that works...but sometimes it gets annoying.

General advise for you would be to find shorter rised jeans (for instance Somet). The sit more around the hip area. Waistband is easy to stretch, other areas often are not.
post #1482 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Yeah, I've considered it, but I'm sort of committed to not having a gappy, slightly oversize waist from day 1 on expensive denim. Just seems like there are enough cuts out there I should be able to find the fit that works...but sometimes it gets annoying.

I had great success sizing down on cuts like the PBJxx009. Ends up looking like a regular straight, but the waist (usually) stays smaller. Full-cut man. No shame.
post #1483 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

General advise for you would be to find shorter rised jeans (for instance Somet). The sit more around the hip area. Waistband is easy to stretch, other areas often are not.

Noted. I'm not exactly new to the denim game, but I've had my share misfires (and also successes).

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I had great success sizing down on cuts like the PBJxx009. Ends up looking like a regular straight, but the waist (usually) stays smaller. Full-cut man. No shame.

Good call. No shame in anyone's cut! I'm actually tall and skinny overall, but I have muscular thighs, so that waist/thigh ratio--and to certain extent the degree of taper from thigh to knee--become the key ratios.
post #1484 of 2425
@ Jay:

When will BOM006 be available?
post #1485 of 2425
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Good call. No shame in anyone's cut! I'm actually tall and skinny overall, but I have muscular thighs, so that waist/thigh ratio--and to certain extent the degree of taper from thigh to knee--become the key ratios.

FWIW, before whatever123 was banned he was a major proponent of the Eternal 811 and Oni Blue cuts. Haven't reviewed measurements in a while, but check them out.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread