or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread - Page 90

post #1336 of 2449

I was tossing up between:

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7760000

and

http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7910001

 

I decided to go with the Japan Blue over the Grim Trim Nudies. I am quite excited to try Japanese Denim and craftsmanship. What do you guys think?

 

Also, has anyone found the monster inseams to be a problem? The Japan Blue comes in at a hefty 38.5". I am a max 32" inseam. Is it normal to roll up 6-7 inches, or is it expected that I visit a tailor!?

post #1337 of 2449

Blue Owl will hem the inseam for free. 

 

Nudies are good start, but Japanese denim are always better.

post #1338 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPig View Post

Blue Owl will hem the inseam for free. 

 

Nudies are good start, but Japanese denim are always better.

Ah!

 

So Blue Owl will email me asking what inseam length I would like?

 

That's what I thought, that Japaense denism is superior. The Japan Blues are raw denim and selvedge, so it is definitely the deep end.

post #1339 of 2449

the excess denim gives you something to use for patching too if you end up with any holes

post #1340 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Ah!

So Blue Owl will email me asking what inseam length I would like?

That's what I thought, that Japaense denism is superior. The Japan Blues are raw denim and selvedge, so it is definitely the deep end.

Blue Owl will not email you. You have to request it upon order, or at least before they ship it.
post #1341 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


Blue Owl will not email you. You have to request it upon order, or at least before they ship it.

Shit! Well, I just emailed them asking to take it from a 38.5" inseam to a 31" inseam. That is a 7.5" reduction, which is quite a lot. I wonder why they never make that clear?

post #1342 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Shit! Well, I just emailed them asking to take it from a 38.5" inseam to a 31" inseam. That is a 7.5" reduction, which is quite a lot. I wonder why they never make that clear?

They do. Just requires a bit of familiarity w/ the site. It's not like they conceal it.
post #1343 of 2449
The Japan Blues are great.

Don't panic. I would suggest that you open up a dialog with Jay either by PM here or by email. He's very patient and will work with you to get what you need.
post #1344 of 2449
just wanted to sing the praises of Blue Owl Workshop. I've now ordered a coupe items from them and the customer service from Jay is amazing. He really tries to make sure things are good for the customer. I highly recommend ordering from them.

Ok - done with the praising.

Michael Sy - And yeah, all you do is email after you order to get the jeans chain stitched to the right length. If you say your inseam is at most a 32 I would actually recommend going longer than 31.5 (unless you don't want to cuff at all). I see you got the exact jeans that are most likely going to be my next foray into raw denim. Enjoy!
post #1345 of 2449
I'm a 30" inseam and Jay suggested 32" for a bit of stack or cuff. I took his advice and I'm glad I did, they look great.
post #1346 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodPiece View Post

The Japan Blues are great.
Don't panic. I would suggest that you open up a dialog with Jay either by PM here or by email. He's very patient and will work with you to get what you need.

 

Excellent. Good to hear that they are a top quality product. I have emailed him through the generic 'contact us' on the Blue Owl website.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesta1004 View Post

just wanted to sing the praises of Blue Owl Workshop. I've now ordered a coupe items from them and the customer service from Jay is amazing. He really tries to make sure things are good for the customer. I highly recommend ordering from them.
Ok - done with the praising.
Michael Sy - And yeah, all you do is email after you order to get the jeans chain stitched to the right length. If you say your inseam is at most a 32 I would actually recommend going longer than 31.5 (unless you don't want to cuff at all). I see you got the exact jeans that are most likely going to be my next foray into raw denim. Enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodPiece View Post

I'm a 30" inseam and Jay suggested 32" for a bit of stack or cuff. I took his advice and I'm glad I did, they look great.

Alright guys, sounds like I am the same as you Cod - a 30" inseam. I wasn't sure if I should wear my jeans with an inch of roll at the bottom or not. However, if you are getting selvedge jeans, not rolling the bottom would defeat the purpose, so maybe a 32" is best.

 

Thanks for all the info guys!

post #1347 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Alright guys, sounds like I am the same as you Cod - a 30" inseam. I wasn't sure if I should wear my jeans with an inch of roll at the bottom or not. However, if you are getting selvedge jeans, not rolling the bottom would defeat the purpose, so maybe a 32" is best.

Thanks for all the info guys!

plain.gif

Do you really think that is the only reason to wear selvedge denim? confused.gif

I only wear selvedge denim, and I do not cuff because I don't like the look.
post #1348 of 2449
Blue Owl doing any black friday deals?
post #1349 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

plain.gif
Do you really think that is the only reason to wear selvedge denim? confused.gif
I only wear selvedge denim, and I do not cuff because I don't like the look.

^Me? I didn't write that.
post #1350 of 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooAwesome View Post

the excess denim gives you something to use for patching too if you end up with any holes

plain.gif

I threw my excess fabric away facepalm.gif


Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Blue Owl will not email you. You have to request it upon order, or at least before they ship it.
Shit! Well, I just emailed them asking to take it from a 38.5" inseam to a 31" inseam. That is a 7.5" reduction, which is quite a lot. I wonder why they never make that clear?

...

blue owl tells you the inseam of the denim in the info section. plain.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread