Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryDenimtagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- topicKMW Kicking Mule Workshoptagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
- brandMomotarotagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- itemMomotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo)tagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- brandNaked And Famoustagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- topicSponsorstagged by LA Guy, 10/15/13
- topicSugar Canetagged by SYSTEM, 5/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- CP Army Mid 43, Acne jeans 33, Sugarcane 30X30 chino, Golden Goose chino, NdG, CdG, Last post on 3/29/11 at 3:47pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:38 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooklyn Clothing Co - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on 2/18/15 at 7:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread - Page 78
Styleforum Top Picks
Tighter Leg Opening:
Japan Blue "New Skinny Straight" - - - when they launch next month models JB0201, 0200sp
Slightly wider leg opening slim straights:
Naked & Famous Skinny Guy
Japan Blue Skinny Straight - - - current models of JB0101, 0100sp
Spring is still quite a ways out, but spring collections are currently on my mind! We are finalizing our spring orders this week and we wanted to highlight some denims for the Naked & Famous spring 2013 line up. I feel like I say this every season, but Naked & Famous has really put together a great collection! Here is a quick breakdown of some of our personal favorite denims for the upcoming collection.
Suvin Selvedge. Suvin is an Indian cotton with an extra long staple. This type of cotton is primarily used in linens and more luxury type fabrics, not used in denim! Basically this fabric is extremely soft and become much softer with wear. The weave is very inconsistent and similar to the low tension weave denim from the current collection. It is a 13oz weight offered in the Weird Guy only and limited to a one time only production of about 1000 pairs. These will be around for a while, but not that long and one to check out in person. Price is $160 retail.
Natural Indigo Organic Selvedge. Made using both organic cotton and organic natural dye. When using "real" natural indigo, the fabric is very streaky and the color of the warp yarns will not match. When rope dying using a natural indigo, even multiple dips will not get a consistent color, thus every denim will have slight variations in color and each denim will be different. The color is amazing! It is a beautiful light indigo and a weight of only 13oz making it the perfect denim going into spring. This is also a very limited one time production of only around 300 pairs. This denim will sell out fast and we suggest ordering upon arrival. Weird Guy only. Price is only $150.
Red Weft Selvedge. This denim is making a come back by popular demand, last produced spring/summer 2010. It is a 12.5oz selvedge that fades to unique variations of white with slight red tints. Weird Guy only, $158 retail.
Blue Weft Selvedge. This is brand new fabric, but identical to the red weft selvedge. It will be slightly softer as the red technically has an additional coating to mute the red color slightly, so it will feel not quite as crisp, yet it is the same fabric. Weird Guy (photo above), Slim Guy. $158 retail.
Lightweight Selvedge. Fabric is only 10oz and color is a beautiful dark indigo that will fade nicely. It is light, breathable, and good for summer and warm climates. Skinny Guy (photo above), Weird Guy, Slim Guy. Retail is $158.
Kamikaze Attack Collab. This denim features a 14.5oz unsanforized slubby indigo/indigo fabric and made in the Skinny Guy fit. More details on this one will come later! Retail is $260.
Royalcast Broken-Twill Selvedge. This past season featured "greencast", this coming spring will be the identical fabric in a royal blue indigo. Color is a repro 1960's indigo. Skinny Guy (photo above), Weird Guy, Slim Guy. Retail is $158.
Vintage Dungaree Selvedge. 1930's workwear reproduction fabric using a gray and white mix yarns which gives a dirty gray weft color. Fabric is 9.75oz and a great spring/summer pant. Skinny Guy (photo above), Weird Guy, Slim Guy. Retail is $150.
More details on our blog: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/08/naked-famous-springsummer-2013-preview.html
My personal pair. Photos taken today in natural light.
More details on our blog: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/08/denim-fades-momotaro-grand-indigo-15oz.html
There was a small 2nd production run. Sorry, that was on our blog when they came out mentioning the different patch. The original production of 50 pairs used our patch, but there was a little extra fabric and we had another 10-15 pairs made and all of them came witth N&F patches because there were no custom patches available on the 2nd run.
We can fix that in a couple of different ways if you want:
1) Assuming we have the same size available with a Blue Owl patch, we can exchange.
2) We have another collab in production now and we can have one of the patches from that denim sent to you. The leather is a different color (dark brown) which would look good with red. If we send you a patch, it is up to you to take to a local tailor to sew it on.
Just e-mail me if you want to discuss further, we can figure something out.
Best customer service ever. My shipment was swiped from from my porch before I got home from work. Very lame. Blue Owl Workshop worked with me on replacing the items. They were great. I fully expected to pay twice and be a little wiser about shipments, but they discounted it and let me know that I could return the items if my initial order turned up. Kudos. Here's a pic of the cool Corter Key hook.
Ordered the BM003 collaboration jeans hemmed at 31" early Tuesday morning and it arrived here in Florida yesterday (Thursday). Aww yeeee
Edit: Jay suggested I size up to a 38 instead my original request of 36 for the Corter belt. I was originally basing the length of the belt by my natural waist and not by where the jeans sit. Jay is the kind of guy I'd help in a bar fight.
Edited by Bussit - 8/17/12 at 10:36am
We have yet another project in the works - Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM004. Our newest Momotaro collab has just been finalized and is scheduled to be released before the holidays. This denim will feature a silk blend fabric which uses 40% silk and 60% Zimbabwe cotton and it introduces a new fit never made by Momotaro....."tapered!" Here are a few more details.
The fabric is a 13oz sanforized selvedge made with a blend of silk for the weft yarns and Zimbabwe cotton on the warp. The Zimbabwe cotton is rope dyed in pure indigo to a super dark color, but the actual color has a blue gray tone as the silk can be seen along the surface. The exterior surface has slubby texture and a soft feel with a touch of crispness. The interior is incredibly soft, like wearing silk bed sheets wrapped around your legs. Bottom line, this denim is pure luxury, plus it will fade well as the dark indigo will give a nice contrast after some wear. Light blue gray thread was used throughout the denim, including the exposed inseam, which has a slight contrast against the pure indigo dyed fabric. The fit is the same "tapered fit" that is used Japan Blue tapered denims. The fit has a medium to low rise, a bit of room in the thigh, and tapers from upper to a narrow leg opening.
More details on our blog: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/08/coming-soon-momotaro-x-blue-owl-13oz.html
- Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Show us your Chan 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 12 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › What haircut should i get 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 18 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 22 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 25 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 28 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...