• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review

Jimbo26

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews, I've been looking at Wolverine boots myself and it's always nice to see more pics besides the web site. You're right that the Montgomery looks a bit less clunky, despite the lug sole.

I think the other Wolverine boot I checked out (at the Tannery in Boston) was the Darby, which seemed a little dressier than the 1000 Mile or Montgomery. Pretty sure it's also made in China...did you notice much difference in quality between the US and Chinese-made boots?

Rollin Tumble

Reaction score
Jimbo,
I have both the Montgomery and the 1000 Mile Boot in front of me right now. They both show very good attention to detail. The Montgomery has a lot more padding and lining but other than that both boots are high quality.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tool have the 1000 mile boot and I feel they are supper comfy and the leather is a veg tanned so it's got great texture color and smell

chowchow

Reaction score
gorgeous boots! thx for your detailed report on sizing

Rollin Tumble

Reaction score
Update time. It's been a little over two weeks and I still think that the Wolverine 1000 Mile boots are the best fit for me in style and comfort. However, I did listen to the advice of some postings on the forum and gave the Gentlemen Travelers a chance to break in. After the addition of a TACCO leather insole (european size 44) and cushioned Docker sock, the Gentlemen Travelers are now a great boot to wear. It took about four days of wearing but I'm happy that I stuck with them.

mystillwater

Reaction score
you've got some great boots, now you might want to read some threads on jeans. no one will appreciate the boots when they're peaking out of stonewashed dad jeans.

chethondo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mystillwater
you've got some great boots, now you might want to read some threads on jeans. no one will appreciate the boots when they're peaking out of stonewashed dad jeans.

I was thinking that as well. Time to update those jeans.

mystillwater

Reaction score
might i recomend a nice pair of dark blue Levis 501s, long enough to cuff them once about 2" or so. try to avoid washing them much.

Fiddy

Reaction score
eh.gif

mystillwater

Reaction score
maybe he didn't like the jeans advice. its a shame. the review was nice. no offence was intended.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I thought Shaun White was wearing 1,000 mile boots during his interview with Bob Costas tonight, did anybody else spot this?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads