Shouldn't that depend on precisely what you need the insole to do for you? Arch, support, etc..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 3:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 59post #871 of 733612/4/11 at 7:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #872 of 733612/5/11 at 12:38amQuote:
In my experience, best value is Spenco Polysorb (available on Amazon). They have a wide variety and I primarily use Heavy Duty if I need to fill out more room or the new Proform model if there's less room. They run from $10-$20 a pair.post #873 of 733612/6/11 at 12:39amHow much do the 1000 Mile boots stretch in width after breaking in? I tried on a 9.5 D that was the exact same length in inches as a pair of my comfy old boots, but the 1000 Mile seemed narrow (and I have really skinny/narrow feet). Sizing up would probably make them too long, so I'm wondering if the width will stretch out a bit and form itself better to my foot over time...post #874 of 733612/6/11 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by a pine tree
How much do the 1000 Mile boots stretch in width after breaking in? I tried on a 9.5 D that was the exact same length in inches as a pair of my comfy old boots, but the 1000 Mile seemed narrow (and I have really skinny/narrow feet). Sizing up would probably make them too long, so I'm wondering if the width will stretch out a bit and form itself better to my foot over time...
the shape of the last is a factor in fit, so it's awfully hard to compare how of two different shoes will fit based on overall length. chromexcel will definitely stretch and mold to your foot over time, but I've learned the hard way not to count on shoes stretching. for what it's worth, i don't find these to be narrow. my feet measure between a D and E on the brannock and the 1K Mile's in a D width are very comfortable.post #875 of 733612/6/11 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by 100 yrs
the shape of the last is a factor in fit, so it's awfully hard to compare how of two different shoes will fit based on overall length. chromexcel will definitely stretch and mold to your foot over time, but I've learned the hard way not to count on shoes stretching. for what it's worth, i don't find these to be narrow. my feet measure between a D and E on the brannock and the 1K Mile's in a D width are very comfortable.
Thanks! I guess I could always get them stretched if I found them to be too tight.post #876 of 733612/6/11 at 7:03pmpost #877 of 733612/6/11 at 8:49pmpost #878 of 733612/6/11 at 8:53pmpost #879 of 733612/6/11 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by crosswound
if only there was a store near by that stocked them so i could see if they would work out. don't want to do the whole redwing gt thing again. all my pants/denim have hem openings of 7.5 or smaller. the bulbous toe box on redwing gt's made me look like ronald mcdonald.
Buy them from Nordstrom.com and then just return them in store locally.post #880 of 733612/6/11 at 9:13pmpost #881 of 733612/6/11 at 9:32pmpost #882 of 733612/7/11 at 8:02ampost #883 of 733612/8/11 at 8:00pmQuote:
Thanks. Those do look like a good buy. Actually, I think I may use these to fill out another pair of shoes that are a bit loose.Quote:
Ha. I tried on the Redwing Iron Rangers and though the same thing about the toe box. That shit is clown shoes.post #884 of 733612/8/11 at 8:08pmpost #885 of 733612/8/11 at 8:23pmQuote:
I know this isn't intuitive, but I'd try over in that thread titled "Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review".
And I posted more photos here:
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 8 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 40 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 59 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 59 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...