Shouldn't that depend on precisely what you need the insole to do for you? Arch, support, etc..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 59post #871 of 748312/4/11 at 7:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #872 of 748312/5/11 at 12:38amQuote:
In my experience, best value is Spenco Polysorb (available on Amazon). They have a wide variety and I primarily use Heavy Duty if I need to fill out more room or the new Proform model if there's less room. They run from $10-$20 a pair.post #873 of 748312/6/11 at 12:39amHow much do the 1000 Mile boots stretch in width after breaking in? I tried on a 9.5 D that was the exact same length in inches as a pair of my comfy old boots, but the 1000 Mile seemed narrow (and I have really skinny/narrow feet). Sizing up would probably make them too long, so I'm wondering if the width will stretch out a bit and form itself better to my foot over time...post #874 of 748312/6/11 at 12:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by a pine tree
How much do the 1000 Mile boots stretch in width after breaking in? I tried on a 9.5 D that was the exact same length in inches as a pair of my comfy old boots, but the 1000 Mile seemed narrow (and I have really skinny/narrow feet). Sizing up would probably make them too long, so I'm wondering if the width will stretch out a bit and form itself better to my foot over time...
the shape of the last is a factor in fit, so it's awfully hard to compare how of two different shoes will fit based on overall length. chromexcel will definitely stretch and mold to your foot over time, but I've learned the hard way not to count on shoes stretching. for what it's worth, i don't find these to be narrow. my feet measure between a D and E on the brannock and the 1K Mile's in a D width are very comfortable.post #875 of 748312/6/11 at 6:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by 100 yrs
the shape of the last is a factor in fit, so it's awfully hard to compare how of two different shoes will fit based on overall length. chromexcel will definitely stretch and mold to your foot over time, but I've learned the hard way not to count on shoes stretching. for what it's worth, i don't find these to be narrow. my feet measure between a D and E on the brannock and the 1K Mile's in a D width are very comfortable.
Thanks! I guess I could always get them stretched if I found them to be too tight.post #876 of 748312/6/11 at 7:03pmpost #877 of 748312/6/11 at 8:49pmpost #878 of 748312/6/11 at 8:53pmpost #879 of 748312/6/11 at 8:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by crosswound
if only there was a store near by that stocked them so i could see if they would work out. don't want to do the whole redwing gt thing again. all my pants/denim have hem openings of 7.5 or smaller. the bulbous toe box on redwing gt's made me look like ronald mcdonald.
Buy them from Nordstrom.com and then just return them in store locally.post #880 of 748312/6/11 at 9:13pmpost #881 of 748312/6/11 at 9:32pmpost #882 of 748312/7/11 at 8:02ampost #883 of 748312/8/11 at 8:00pmQuote:
Thanks. Those do look like a good buy. Actually, I think I may use these to fill out another pair of shoes that are a bit loose.Quote:
Ha. I tried on the Redwing Iron Rangers and though the same thing about the toe box. That shit is clown shoes.post #884 of 748312/8/11 at 8:08pmpost #885 of 748312/8/11 at 8:23pmQuote:
I know this isn't intuitive, but I'd try over in that thread titled "Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review".
And I posted more photos here:
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 3 minutes ago
- › Ordering custom Vibergs 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...