I didn't get pics of the uppers but they we're in great shape. I couldn't find anything wrong with them. I was really surprised to see them at that price. I'll take same pics when I go back if they're still there.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 507post #7592 of 77427/5/16 at 11:23amQuote:
No need to go back. Can you remember the model?post #7593 of 77427/5/16 at 11:30am
It was a discontinued model, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial Boot in Brown Bison Leather. I actually bought a pair for $150 a few months ago and they still look amazing. Just like most 1K boots, they're Made in USA and feature a goodyear welt. That's why I'm saying for $60 that's a huge steal.post #7594 of 77427/5/16 at 11:34amQuote:Originally Posted by Newberry
It was a discontinued model, the Wolverine 1000 Mile Centennial Boot in Brown Bison Leather. I actually bought a pair for $150 a few months ago and they still look amazing. Just like most 1K boots, they're Made in USA and feature a goodyear welt. That's why I'm saying for $60 that's a huge steal.
That's a nice one. Not a fan of the wolverine 1ks that have a captoe that looks like a messed up wingtip, lol.post #7595 of 77427/5/16 at 11:40amQuote:
The frequency of conditioning is going to depend on a number of factors. I used to work in wet, muddy winter and dry, dusty summer conditions which meant I was conditioning 2 to 3 times per year. Probably best to condition them if they are looking a little dry or after you clean them again with saddle soap. Conditioner should soak through a thin finish of old, worn polish. Always best to apply the conditioner, let it soak in and then apply new polishpost #7596 of 77427/5/16 at 11:47amQuote:
Yup. It was that one but in a darker brown. Still same model.
Are u talking about the Addison boot that looks like a messed up wingtip? I'm not much of a fan of that model either simply because I like my wingtip boots to look dressy and wingtips on a 1K boot looks to rugged for me.post #7597 of 77427/5/16 at 12:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Newberry
Yup. It was that one but in a darker brown. Still same model.
Are u talking about the Addison boot that looks like a messed up wingtip? I'm not much of a fan of that model either simply because I like my wingtip boots to look dressy and wingtips on a 1K boot looks to rugged for me.
Yep. The addison looks pretty bad IMO. The wing ends where the blucher flap is. They could have brought the wing down. There was also some sort of two tone model where the vamp part was canvas (?). Made it even worse.post #7598 of 77427/5/16 at 2:46pmpost #7599 of 77427/6/16 at 11:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Chawk806
I don't plan to wear in mud , just normal wear and tear. They still get pretty dirty at times. I should have a good six month. Then I'll condition them, let dry and maybe a very light coat of polish with the brown again or the clear. I'm ready for another beat up pair. Lol
Is it not fun to breathe new life into things that others may discard ?post #7600 of 77427/7/16 at 2:27ampost #7601 of 77427/7/16 at 6:54pmQuote:
Coolarrow, here are pics of the uppers of the Centennial boots we talked about earlier.post #7602 of 77427/7/16 at 6:57pmpost #7603 of 77427/8/16 at 3:55am
I am thinking of buying a pair of 1000 Mile Wolverine's but I am confused about sizing.
Australian here, which means AU/UK sizing. I am a 7.5 (wide) in AU/UK for my black oxford shoes, which translates to US 8.5.
However, everyone says to size ONE down. So I would like to ask ... that means 7.5 US is what I should order... Right?
I would be ordering from overseas so I want to be sure, I would be thankful if anyone with experience could share their opinion. There seems to be a lot of people saying size One down, and then a lot of people saying size down half a size. Not sure what to do here...
Complicating this, I have found a size 8 with discount, so wondering if it would be worth getting that, even though it is only half a size down...post #7604 of 77427/8/16 at 4:10ampost #7605 of 77427/10/16 at 9:04am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 3 seconds ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 seconds ago
- › Drake's 52 42 M Wool Blazer Sportcoat in Gun Club Pattern 25 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 42 seconds ago
- › Epaulet/Southwick SC, Harris Tweed, 40R 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 3 minutes ago
- › New Tie - What to wear with it? 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...