Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 503post #7532 of 77425/2/16 at 7:46ampost #7533 of 77425/2/16 at 2:10pmpost #7534 of 77425/2/16 at 2:32pmpost #7535 of 77425/2/16 at 9:30pmpost #7536 of 77425/3/16 at 9:19ampost #7537 of 77425/3/16 at 9:20ampost #7538 of 77425/8/16 at 2:20ampost #7539 of 77425/8/16 at 6:34pmpost #7540 of 77425/18/16 at 7:23pmJust registered on here so I'm new! I ordered my first pair of Wolverine 1000 mile boots this morning!
I was really concerned with getting factory seconds. Alot of low suspect prices on eBay, and Amazon.
So, I just bit the bullet and ordered directly from Wolverine.com. I used a 10% off coupon.
I ordered the Wolverine 1000 mile original in brown.
This is my 2ND pair of quality footwear under $400.
My first experience was with Echo,to colehann, then Shoe Passion. Shoe passion is hand crafted true good year welt. They are great.
But , I needed some boots! Based on what I read Wolverine 1000 miles were the way to go!
I pondered at Aldin Indy 405's and almost bought some. But, to much. Maybe next timepost #7541 of 77425/21/16 at 9:50amI finally received my Wolverine 1000 mile boots yesterday. Unfortunately, the left boot has severe loose grain creasing. The right boot was perfect.
I'm not to picky, and I paid full price to try and avoid this issue. Well, it just did not work out this way. The creasing is just to severe, to ignore.
My pair of Shoe Passion # 601's are of a much higher quality, good year welted. With some of the softest nicest leather I have ever seen in shoes.
The only reason I did not buy another pair, was because the shipping takes about 3.5 weeks.
I really wish I would have just gotten Aldin Indy boots. I hear that Wolverine has really poor clicking, and selecting a good cut to be used. So, I am concerned with only (1) exchange allowed, I will end up with more loose grain creasing even with the new exchanged pair.post #7542 of 77425/21/16 at 10:58amQuote:Originally Posted by tps3443
I really wish I would have just gotten Aldin Indy boots. I hear that Wolverine has really poor clicking, and selecting a good cut to be used. So, I am concerned with only (1) exchange allowed, I will end up with more loose grain creasing even with the new exchanged pair.
Looking at https://www.wolverine.com/US/en/returns I don't see where exchanges are limited to only one time. Maybe call up Wolverine to confirm this.
I find your first sentence in the quoted paragraph to be quite telling. Sounds like a return and you then ordering Indy boots may be the way to go.post #7543 of 77425/21/16 at 11:11amHere is a video I made !
Well I love the look of these Wolverine 1000 mile boots. They look amazing! So I am giving them another chance.
Loose grain creasing apparently can and will happen in any brand. Even Aldin. I've seen it on another forum.
I have one other concern. These Wolverine 1000 miles have had some heels falling off in the past. And, they just recently released a new boot.
It's called the Wolverine 1000 mile 360 boot. It utilizes a 360 degree welt, which eliminates the use of nails in the sole like a traditional 270 degree welt.
When I mail these in Monday, should I get the 360 degree welt? These are for working in. So U don't want a heel to fall off lol.
Seems strange they just released it. I know Allen Edmond's use a 360 degree welt on every shoe.
But definitely not a return. These are solid boots. I want them to work work out.post #7544 of 77425/21/16 at 9:01pmpost #7545 of 77425/21/16 at 9:32pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Currently, there are 1532 Active Users (300 Members and 1232 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 30 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 3 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL!!!! Foreigners Tell Others How To Run Their Country Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...