McClean appears to have the butyl sole which should wear better.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 432post #6466 of 76647/17/14 at 2:51pmpost #6467 of 76647/17/14 at 7:09pmpost #6468 of 76647/17/14 at 7:57pmpost #6469 of 76647/18/14 at 1:33pm
They cost 1/3 less than the 1k, and with the beefy/lug sole, have slightly less "dress" pretensions than the 1k.
But yeah, worse than the damage is that they thought it was a good idea to put that in their product photo.
Or knew it wasn't a good idea and being that they're a small startup just didn't realize they had options.
Can imagine the anxiety that caused.
Nice looking boots otherwise. Wonder how the fit is.
Edited by unchangeable - 7/18/14 at 1:49pmpost #6470 of 76647/18/14 at 7:01pm
They say they fit true to size.
They struck me as a cross between the 1K and the Redwing Beckman. Only available for pre-order with no indication of delivery timeframe on the embryonic website. Kickstarter website is not that helpful either. Like the look of the roughout boot though, but I shall resist as my next boot purchase really should be a pair of the William Lennon B5 boot and I really don't need another pair of footwear at this point.post #6471 of 76647/18/14 at 8:49pmQuote:
free shipping and easy to returnpost #6472 of 76647/18/14 at 9:19pmpost #6473 of 76647/19/14 at 4:19ampost #6474 of 76647/19/14 at 8:33ampost #6475 of 76647/19/14 at 10:54pmpost #6476 of 76647/20/14 at 12:44ampost #6477 of 76647/20/14 at 8:22ampost #6478 of 76647/20/14 at 8:45am
Those of you that haven't taken your ball and gone home by blocking me know that I've complained about my 1Ks because of the absolutely crappy chromexcel used on them.
I have had a bad attitude about chromexcel due to these boots, but I learned something in another thread on this forum which leads me to believe that the chromexcel used on my right boot must have come from the shoulder or belly of an older cow. I shouldn't use it as an example to judge all chromexcel by.
However, it speaks poorly of the venerated Horween tannery that they even produced this particular piece of junk leather. It probably should have been shrunken up and sold as "bullhide."
I'm considering those Malvin and Joyce boots and giving chromexcel a second chance...post #6479 of 76647/21/14 at 1:50pmIt be hereby witnessed, this 21st day of July in the year of our lord 2014, that the wrinkly condition that so strickens some, but not all, CXL be no longer known as 'veiny bull penis' and that henceforth it be called 'bull belly' or 'unshrunken bullhide'
The readers of StyleForum.netpost #6480 of 76647/22/14 at 8:00am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Wanted: Woolrich x West America Waxed Canvas Jacket S Small Brown 10 minutes ago
- › Best Eames Lounge Chair Reproduction 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 30 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 38 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 43 minutes ago
- › Shoe feels different from foot to foot? 46 minutes ago
- › 2 pairs of Brand New Carmina & 1 Vass Shell Cordovan (UK7/EU41) 51 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 55 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 55 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding