McClean appears to have the butyl sole which should wear better.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 432post #6466 of 75627/17/14 at 2:51pmpost #6467 of 75627/17/14 at 7:09pmpost #6468 of 75627/17/14 at 7:57pmpost #6469 of 75627/18/14 at 1:33pm
They cost 1/3 less than the 1k, and with the beefy/lug sole, have slightly less "dress" pretensions than the 1k.
But yeah, worse than the damage is that they thought it was a good idea to put that in their product photo.
Or knew it wasn't a good idea and being that they're a small startup just didn't realize they had options.
Can imagine the anxiety that caused.
Nice looking boots otherwise. Wonder how the fit is.
Edited by unchangeable - 7/18/14 at 1:49pmpost #6470 of 75627/18/14 at 7:01pm
They say they fit true to size.
They struck me as a cross between the 1K and the Redwing Beckman. Only available for pre-order with no indication of delivery timeframe on the embryonic website. Kickstarter website is not that helpful either. Like the look of the roughout boot though, but I shall resist as my next boot purchase really should be a pair of the William Lennon B5 boot and I really don't need another pair of footwear at this point.post #6471 of 75627/18/14 at 8:49pmQuote:
free shipping and easy to returnpost #6472 of 75627/18/14 at 9:19pmpost #6473 of 75627/19/14 at 4:19ampost #6474 of 75627/19/14 at 8:33ampost #6475 of 75627/19/14 at 10:54pmpost #6476 of 75627/20/14 at 12:44ampost #6477 of 75627/20/14 at 8:22ampost #6478 of 75627/20/14 at 8:45am
Those of you that haven't taken your ball and gone home by blocking me know that I've complained about my 1Ks because of the absolutely crappy chromexcel used on them.
I have had a bad attitude about chromexcel due to these boots, but I learned something in another thread on this forum which leads me to believe that the chromexcel used on my right boot must have come from the shoulder or belly of an older cow. I shouldn't use it as an example to judge all chromexcel by.
However, it speaks poorly of the venerated Horween tannery that they even produced this particular piece of junk leather. It probably should have been shrunken up and sold as "bullhide."
I'm considering those Malvin and Joyce boots and giving chromexcel a second chance...post #6479 of 75627/21/14 at 1:50pmIt be hereby witnessed, this 21st day of July in the year of our lord 2014, that the wrinkly condition that so strickens some, but not all, CXL be no longer known as 'veiny bull penis' and that henceforth it be called 'bull belly' or 'unshrunken bullhide'
The readers of StyleForum.netpost #6480 of 75627/22/14 at 8:00am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 2 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe GMTO (Jodhpur and Chesea) with SkoaB 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 10 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 20 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding