McClean appears to have the butyl sole which should wear better.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 9:15 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 432post #6466 of 74317/17/14 at 2:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6467 of 74317/17/14 at 7:09pmpost #6468 of 74317/17/14 at 7:57pmpost #6469 of 74317/18/14 at 1:33pm
They cost 1/3 less than the 1k, and with the beefy/lug sole, have slightly less "dress" pretensions than the 1k.
But yeah, worse than the damage is that they thought it was a good idea to put that in their product photo.
Or knew it wasn't a good idea and being that they're a small startup just didn't realize they had options.
Can imagine the anxiety that caused.
Nice looking boots otherwise. Wonder how the fit is.
Edited by unchangeable - 7/18/14 at 1:49pmpost #6470 of 74317/18/14 at 7:01pm
They say they fit true to size.
They struck me as a cross between the 1K and the Redwing Beckman. Only available for pre-order with no indication of delivery timeframe on the embryonic website. Kickstarter website is not that helpful either. Like the look of the roughout boot though, but I shall resist as my next boot purchase really should be a pair of the William Lennon B5 boot and I really don't need another pair of footwear at this point.post #6471 of 74317/18/14 at 8:49pmQuote:
free shipping and easy to returnpost #6472 of 74317/18/14 at 9:19pmpost #6473 of 74317/19/14 at 4:19ampost #6474 of 74317/19/14 at 8:33ampost #6475 of 74317/19/14 at 10:54pmpost #6476 of 74317/20/14 at 12:44ampost #6477 of 74317/20/14 at 8:22ampost #6478 of 74317/20/14 at 8:45am
Those of you that haven't taken your ball and gone home by blocking me know that I've complained about my 1Ks because of the absolutely crappy chromexcel used on them.
I have had a bad attitude about chromexcel due to these boots, but I learned something in another thread on this forum which leads me to believe that the chromexcel used on my right boot must have come from the shoulder or belly of an older cow. I shouldn't use it as an example to judge all chromexcel by.
However, it speaks poorly of the venerated Horween tannery that they even produced this particular piece of junk leather. It probably should have been shrunken up and sold as "bullhide."
I'm considering those Malvin and Joyce boots and giving chromexcel a second chance...post #6479 of 74317/21/14 at 1:50pmIt be hereby witnessed, this 21st day of July in the year of our lord 2014, that the wrinkly condition that so strickens some, but not all, CXL be no longer known as 'veiny bull penis' and that henceforth it be called 'bull belly' or 'unshrunken bullhide'
The readers of StyleForum.net
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Cars We Drive! 6 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 44 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 8 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 8 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories