Oh, then yes. You can see the logo where it meets the vibram sole.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 9/11/16 at 11:18am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 431post #6452 of 76997/12/14 at 9:57pmpost #6453 of 76997/13/14 at 1:28am
I guess not specific to the McCleans but has anyone worn their 1ks in the rain fairly consistently? I plan to get them for FW and where I live it rains light to moderately for a few months. No snow or slush, most likely not going to be walking through tons of puddles either. Preferably I would wear the 1ks close to every day but if I have to alternate that'll be fine too.post #6454 of 76997/13/14 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Rockfordphile
Opted for hiking soles stitched on the black pair but only glued on the brown. A little experiment.
One boot even needed a speedhook replaced. These really were a mess.
Cleaning, polishing and brushing. Finished with a layer of Sno-Seal baked in briefly at a very low temp in the oven.
Still not sure if I'll use the original laces (washed and waxed) or go with leather.
Anyone know if B. Nelson can sew on Vibrams on 1k boots? I don't have a cobbler in my county.
Love the boots, nice pick up and recycle!post #6455 of 76997/13/14 at 8:28amQuote:I wear my 1000 mile boots through fall and winter in Boston and they do fine. However, I would suggest putting a half sole on and rotating them.Originally Posted by Evodem
I guess not specific to the McCleans but has anyone worn their 1ks in the rain fairly consistently? I plan to get them for FW and where I live it rains light to moderately for a few months. No snow or slush, most likely not going to be walking through tons of puddles either. Preferably I would wear the 1ks close to every day but if I have to alternate that'll be fine too.post #6456 of 76997/13/14 at 4:21pmpost #6457 of 76997/13/14 at 9:36pm
Hi. I need some help from someone more experienced with quality boots than me. I just got out of grad school and started my first good job, and my first big purchase was a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Courtlands. I have never been able to afford good boots before and have wanted a pair for many years. Because I was not sure of my size, I ordered a size 7 and 7.5 from Nordstrom, with the intention of returning one. (I am only trying them on briefly and not damaging them in any way.) Normally I wear a size 8 in regular shoes.
With the size 7, the boots feel very snug all over, except there is room in the toe box. What is troubling about the size 7 though is that they are tight, to the point of being slightly painful, around the ball of my foot, on my bigger (right) foot. I don't imagine this will break in. On the other hand, the 7.5 feels roomy enough, but the heal is slipping a nice bit. I just hate the idea of having fine boots that are too big and sloppy fitting, and I am afraid this might be the case with the size 7.5. On the other hand, I don't want chronic pain from the size 7.
What should i do? The Courtlands are beautiful, the boot of my dreams in appearance, and I particularly love the leather. But I don't want to have paid $380 or whatever for shoes that don't quite fit. Advice from owners or those with more boot experience would be greatly appreciate.post #6458 of 76997/13/14 at 11:23pmpost #6459 of 76997/15/14 at 10:32ampost #6460 of 76997/16/14 at 9:32amDamn sounds like I did what the guide says not to do. For me my left foot is significantly wider and a tiny bit longer than my right. With the 7's I feel pressure on the widest part of my foot on my left. On my right fit it fits the width but there's a pretty significant heel slip. I should still size up correct?
Does the thickness of my sock matter? I've never had boots before so I was curious.post #6461 of 76997/16/14 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evodem
Damn sounds like I did what the guide says not to do. For me my left foot is significantly wider and a tiny bit longer than my right. With the 7's I feel pressure on the widest part of my foot on my left. On my right fit it fits the width but there's a pretty significant heel slip. I should still size up correct?
Does the thickness of my sock matter? I've never had boots before so I was curious.
All of this is covered in the sizing guide that I wrote. With that said it appears there's a significant difference in sizing between your feet. You might have to reside to the fact that these boots may not work for you.post #6462 of 76997/16/14 at 8:57pmQuote:
Yeah that unfortunately sounds like that's going to be the case. I ordered them already so I'll try it on again when they get here. Can always return if it doesn't work out and be on the hunt for another pair of boots. Thanks man.post #6463 of 76997/16/14 at 9:15pmpost #6464 of 76997/17/14 at 8:54amQuote:
I'd love to know more about the McClean.
Are they basically just regular 1000 Miles but with a cap toe? @Deep Gully, is that what you meant by "double toe"? Do they come in any colors other than what looks like Brown Chromexcel? Is that a single butyl sole?
$229.90 seems like the cheapest way to get one's first 1000 Miles. Any other less-than-$350 options out there to consider?post #6465 of 76997/17/14 at 11:01am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › My First Suit....Please Help 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 3 minutes ago
- › New Member Intro + Balenciaga (Safilo Made) Sunglasses Plastic Lens... 3 minutes ago
- › Cowboy boots 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 11 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...