Oh, then yes. You can see the logo where it meets the vibram sole.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/18/16 at 11:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 431post #6452 of 76257/12/14 at 9:57pmpost #6453 of 76257/13/14 at 1:28am
I guess not specific to the McCleans but has anyone worn their 1ks in the rain fairly consistently? I plan to get them for FW and where I live it rains light to moderately for a few months. No snow or slush, most likely not going to be walking through tons of puddles either. Preferably I would wear the 1ks close to every day but if I have to alternate that'll be fine too.post #6454 of 76257/13/14 at 7:40amQuote:Originally Posted by Rockfordphile
Opted for hiking soles stitched on the black pair but only glued on the brown. A little experiment.
One boot even needed a speedhook replaced. These really were a mess.
Cleaning, polishing and brushing. Finished with a layer of Sno-Seal baked in briefly at a very low temp in the oven.
Still not sure if I'll use the original laces (washed and waxed) or go with leather.
Anyone know if B. Nelson can sew on Vibrams on 1k boots? I don't have a cobbler in my county.
Love the boots, nice pick up and recycle!post #6455 of 76257/13/14 at 8:28amQuote:I wear my 1000 mile boots through fall and winter in Boston and they do fine. However, I would suggest putting a half sole on and rotating them.Originally Posted by Evodem
I guess not specific to the McCleans but has anyone worn their 1ks in the rain fairly consistently? I plan to get them for FW and where I live it rains light to moderately for a few months. No snow or slush, most likely not going to be walking through tons of puddles either. Preferably I would wear the 1ks close to every day but if I have to alternate that'll be fine too.post #6456 of 76257/13/14 at 4:21pmpost #6457 of 76257/13/14 at 9:36pm
Hi. I need some help from someone more experienced with quality boots than me. I just got out of grad school and started my first good job, and my first big purchase was a pair of Wolverine 1000 Mile Courtlands. I have never been able to afford good boots before and have wanted a pair for many years. Because I was not sure of my size, I ordered a size 7 and 7.5 from Nordstrom, with the intention of returning one. (I am only trying them on briefly and not damaging them in any way.) Normally I wear a size 8 in regular shoes.
With the size 7, the boots feel very snug all over, except there is room in the toe box. What is troubling about the size 7 though is that they are tight, to the point of being slightly painful, around the ball of my foot, on my bigger (right) foot. I don't imagine this will break in. On the other hand, the 7.5 feels roomy enough, but the heal is slipping a nice bit. I just hate the idea of having fine boots that are too big and sloppy fitting, and I am afraid this might be the case with the size 7.5. On the other hand, I don't want chronic pain from the size 7.
What should i do? The Courtlands are beautiful, the boot of my dreams in appearance, and I particularly love the leather. But I don't want to have paid $380 or whatever for shoes that don't quite fit. Advice from owners or those with more boot experience would be greatly appreciate.post #6458 of 76257/13/14 at 11:23pmpost #6459 of 76257/15/14 at 10:32ampost #6460 of 76257/16/14 at 9:32amDamn sounds like I did what the guide says not to do. For me my left foot is significantly wider and a tiny bit longer than my right. With the 7's I feel pressure on the widest part of my foot on my left. On my right fit it fits the width but there's a pretty significant heel slip. I should still size up correct?
Does the thickness of my sock matter? I've never had boots before so I was curious.post #6461 of 76257/16/14 at 12:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Evodem
Damn sounds like I did what the guide says not to do. For me my left foot is significantly wider and a tiny bit longer than my right. With the 7's I feel pressure on the widest part of my foot on my left. On my right fit it fits the width but there's a pretty significant heel slip. I should still size up correct?
Does the thickness of my sock matter? I've never had boots before so I was curious.
All of this is covered in the sizing guide that I wrote. With that said it appears there's a significant difference in sizing between your feet. You might have to reside to the fact that these boots may not work for you.post #6462 of 76257/16/14 at 8:57pmQuote:
Yeah that unfortunately sounds like that's going to be the case. I ordered them already so I'll try it on again when they get here. Can always return if it doesn't work out and be on the hunt for another pair of boots. Thanks man.post #6463 of 76257/16/14 at 9:15pmpost #6464 of 76257/17/14 at 8:54amQuote:
I'd love to know more about the McClean.
Are they basically just regular 1000 Miles but with a cap toe? @Deep Gully, is that what you meant by "double toe"? Do they come in any colors other than what looks like Brown Chromexcel? Is that a single butyl sole?
$229.90 seems like the cheapest way to get one's first 1000 Miles. Any other less-than-$350 options out there to consider?post #6465 of 76257/17/14 at 11:01am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 48 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › 2016 MLB Season Thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 3 minutes ago
- › Gitman Bros Vintage Oxford Shirt Size M Made in USA 5 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 15 minutes ago
- › Handsomeness Secrets 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding