or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 430

post #6436 of 6542

 

Factory First. Wolverine customer support has dropped off the face of the earth on me twice, now. Am I being unreasonable to want these replaced?

I realize that the glue is *supposed* to hold when the stitches are gone, but the first thing the cobbler will need to do to put a vibram on these new boots is grind off the stitching.

These are supposed to last a lifetime, and if Wolverine won't own up to their lousy QC now, they sure won't take care of me down the road if the glue fails too.

 

I own 3 pair and there is no denying their comfort, but Red Wing puts them to absolute shame in terms of both QC and customer service.

 

edit: Same boots as in my first post. I decided I was being ridiculous about the banding on the leather and decided to keep them. Stuck them back in the box to get vibram's on at a later date, which was going to be 2 weeks ago.


Edited by unchangeable - 6/19/14 at 3:47pm
post #6437 of 6542
My cobbler got gunk all over the sides of my boots I assume its the adhesive from the topy. Its not the end of the world but still
post #6438 of 6542
Quote:
These are supposed to last a lifetime

 

I don't think that's true. I think the name 1000 Mile is a good indication of just about how long they will last... about a year if you wear them daily and walk 3 miles or so each day.

 

 

That's a bit of hyperbole there.

post #6439 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by unchangeable View Post
 

 

Factory First. Wolverine customer support has dropped off the face of the earth on me twice, now. Am I being unreasonable to want these replaced?

I realize that the glue is *supposed* to hold when the stitches are gone, but the first thing the cobbler will need to do to put a vibram on these new boots is grind off the stitching.

These are supposed to last a lifetime, and if Wolverine won't own up to their lousy QC now, they sure won't take care of me down the road if the glue fails too.

 

I own 3 pair and there is no denying their comfort, but Red Wing puts them to absolute shame in terms of both QC and customer service.

 

edit: Same boots as in my first post. I decided I was being ridiculous about the banding on the leather and decided to keep them. Stuck them back in the box to get vibram's on at a later date, which was going to be 2 weeks ago.

This is not a big deal, structurally. The rapid stitch is a lock stitch, meaning it will still hold even when the bottom part of the stitch is cut.

 

Previous models of the Wolverine 1k boot did not have recessed stitching at all, so it's not a problem.

post #6440 of 6542
not sure if this is a common problem but both my half leather insoles fell apart. i tried to glue it back but it continues to separate since the foam does not adhere well. any ideas besides taking it to a cobbler or buying a full insole? i would only like to repair it

lq1xQOS.jpg
post #6441 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobs View Post

not sure if this is a common problem but both my half leather insoles fell apart. i tried to glue it back but it continues to separate since the foam does not adhere well. any ideas besides taking it to a cobbler or buying a full insole? i would only like to repair it

lq1xQOS.jpg

I'd throw a thin insole in and be done with it.

 

Here are some options: 

 

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/carbon-73511

 

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals/black

 

Less pricey options: 

 

https://www.spenco.com/product.aspx?keywords=thin&ProdId=57#.U6htW5RdXTo

 

https://sofsole.com/product/Thin_Fit

post #6442 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobs View Post

not sure if this is a common problem but both my half leather insoles fell apart. i tried to glue it back but it continues to separate since the foam does not adhere well. any ideas besides taking it to a cobbler or buying a full insole? i would only like to repair it

lq1xQOS.jpg

That's not the insole, but the heel pad. It's not uncommon for the heel pad to come unglued after continued wear. Shoe goo or gorilla glue are good solutions

post #6443 of 6542

gotcha, thanks! im gonna cop a set to see if i like them in my wolverines. if anything, they will go into my casual work shoes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastquestion View Post

That's not the insole, but the heel pad. It's not uncommon for the heel pad to come unglued after continued wear. Shoe goo or gorilla glue are good solutions

ah i see, thanks for the tip! i'll look into that
post #6444 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by phobs View Post


gotcha, thanks! im gonna cop a set to see if i like them in my wolverines. if anything, they will go into my casual work shoes
ah i see, thanks for the tip! i'll look into that

I'm using the Sofsole ones right now. They were cheap, and easy to get (they sell them at Sports Authority). 

post #6445 of 6542

Was it allowed to dry after use? 

post #6446 of 6542
Looks like the foam separated. If there is some loose foam you may want to remove that before applying the glue.

FYI Gorilla glue expands as it cures - 3 to 4 times the amount applied. Be sure to weigh the pad down evenly to ensure it penetrates both surfaces.
post #6447 of 6542

I just purchased these Krause boots from unionmade's sale. The stitching on the uppers is coming off. I just got them yesterday and haven't worn them yet. Do you guys think I should return these?


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

post #6448 of 6542
I am seeing so many quality issues here it is not even funny....
post #6449 of 6542
Quote:
Originally Posted by JL3212 View Post

I just purchased these Krause boots from unionmade's sale. The stitching on the uppers is coming off. I just got them yesterday and haven't worn them yet. Do you guys think I should return these?

If you are unhappy with them, then return them.
post #6450 of 6542

Bought 2 pair used boots which were in need of a little maintenance.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review