Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 5:02pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 425post #6362 of 77936/2/14 at 4:18pmpost #6363 of 77936/3/14 at 2:05pmpost #6364 of 77936/3/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Your money, your choice.
Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....
Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?post #6365 of 77936/3/14 at 3:48pmQuote:
Just tried rubbing it. Seemed like the oil from my finger helped a bit, but then I buffed it with a towel and it made it worse than it originally was. Towel ended up with a bunch of stain marks.post #6366 of 77936/3/14 at 6:02pmpost #6367 of 77936/3/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
Your money, your choice.
Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....
Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?
Yea, you should avoid anything chromexcel then. It will scuff that bad almost every time you wear them. It is terrible, IMO.post #6368 of 77936/4/14 at 2:07ampost #6369 of 77936/4/14 at 7:13amQuote:
Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.post #6370 of 77936/4/14 at 9:53ampost #6371 of 77936/4/14 at 11:37ampost #6372 of 77936/4/14 at 2:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by BCer
Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.
Thanks for the tips. I need to get some of those products on hand since this is my first pair.
I'm a 12 in almost all sneakers. Ordered an 11.5 but there's definitely some room to go down so I'm pretty sure an 11 will be the correct fit. Nordstrom already processed the exchange so now I hope I just don't end up with something much worse.post #6373 of 77936/4/14 at 2:59pmpost #6374 of 77936/5/14 at 6:01am
Got my replacement pair from Nordstrom, was like night and day. Comparing the two, there are no blemishes or creases on the new pair like there were when the old were open, got the cloth, tag, and leather tag, they smell better, and they have the waxed laces. Also a big lack of cut up box and RTS stickers on said box makes me think that not only were the previous pair a return that should have been taken out of rotation, but whoever had them got them to keep the accessories.post #6375 of 77936/5/14 at 7:14amQuote:Having a pair of Whites Smoke Jumpers for work compared to my 1000 Mile boots is not even a close comparison. The Wolverines felt broken in from day one, are pliable and soft, and I feel every pebble I walk on. I still love them. The Whites have taken almost a year and a half of hard work and hiking to break in, are very heavy, I can stomp on anything without worry to soles or leather. A true work boot. No offense just my 2 cents.Originally Posted by Gauss17
The idea that the boots aren't rugged is silly. They are aesthetically extremely similar to red wing, whites, viberg, etc. However, I do admit when worn, they make the foot appear smaller, even though (in my opinion) the fit itself is actually quite roomy. Maybe it's something with the lines of the boot idk.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 35 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 17 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...