Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 7:39 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 10:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 425
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6362 of 73766/2/14 at 4:18pmpost #6363 of 73766/3/14 at 2:05pmpost #6364 of 73766/3/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Your money, your choice.
Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....
Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?post #6365 of 73766/3/14 at 3:48pmQuote:
Just tried rubbing it. Seemed like the oil from my finger helped a bit, but then I buffed it with a towel and it made it worse than it originally was. Towel ended up with a bunch of stain marks.post #6366 of 73766/3/14 at 6:02pmpost #6367 of 73766/3/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
Your money, your choice.
Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....
Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?
Yea, you should avoid anything chromexcel then. It will scuff that bad almost every time you wear them. It is terrible, IMO.post #6368 of 73766/4/14 at 2:07ampost #6369 of 73766/4/14 at 7:13amQuote:
Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.post #6370 of 73766/4/14 at 9:53ampost #6371 of 73766/4/14 at 11:37ampost #6372 of 73766/4/14 at 2:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by BCer
Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.
Thanks for the tips. I need to get some of those products on hand since this is my first pair.
I'm a 12 in almost all sneakers. Ordered an 11.5 but there's definitely some room to go down so I'm pretty sure an 11 will be the correct fit. Nordstrom already processed the exchange so now I hope I just don't end up with something much worse.post #6373 of 73766/4/14 at 2:59pmpost #6374 of 73766/5/14 at 6:01am
Got my replacement pair from Nordstrom, was like night and day. Comparing the two, there are no blemishes or creases on the new pair like there were when the old were open, got the cloth, tag, and leather tag, they smell better, and they have the waxed laces. Also a big lack of cut up box and RTS stickers on said box makes me think that not only were the previous pair a return that should have been taken out of rotation, but whoever had them got them to keep the accessories.post #6375 of 73766/5/14 at 7:14amQuote:Having a pair of Whites Smoke Jumpers for work compared to my 1000 Mile boots is not even a close comparison. The Wolverines felt broken in from day one, are pliable and soft, and I feel every pebble I walk on. I still love them. The Whites have taken almost a year and a half of hard work and hiking to break in, are very heavy, I can stomp on anything without worry to soles or leather. A true work boot. No offense just my 2 cents.Originally Posted by Gauss17
The idea that the boots aren't rugged is silly. They are aesthetically extremely similar to red wing, whites, viberg, etc. However, I do admit when worn, they make the foot appear smaller, even though (in my opinion) the fit itself is actually quite roomy. Maybe it's something with the lines of the boot idk.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 2 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 4 minutes ago
- › GUCCI - TOM FORD era - Wool Suit 42R - GREY/GRAY with Stripes (Peak... 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 6 minutes ago
- › Sport Coat color help 6 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 7 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015