Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 3:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 425post #6362 of 76316/2/14 at 4:18pmpost #6363 of 76316/3/14 at 2:05pmpost #6364 of 76316/3/14 at 3:33pmQuote:Your money, your choice.
Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....
Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?post #6365 of 76316/3/14 at 3:48pmQuote:
Just tried rubbing it. Seemed like the oil from my finger helped a bit, but then I buffed it with a towel and it made it worse than it originally was. Towel ended up with a bunch of stain marks.post #6366 of 76316/3/14 at 6:02pmpost #6367 of 76316/3/14 at 6:16pmQuote:
Your money, your choice.
Honestly, you will do that much wear the first time you wear them....
Did you hit those spots with a brush or anything? Rub it with your finger?
Yea, you should avoid anything chromexcel then. It will scuff that bad almost every time you wear them. It is terrible, IMO.post #6368 of 76316/4/14 at 2:07ampost #6369 of 76316/4/14 at 7:13amQuote:
Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.post #6370 of 76316/4/14 at 9:53ampost #6371 of 76316/4/14 at 11:37ampost #6372 of 76316/4/14 at 2:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by BCer
Buffing with a towel was likely your biggest mistake. Use a horsehair brush, vigorously for 2-3 minutes, and I bet that leather looks like the day it came out of the tannery. If need be, ad a drop or two of a Lexol or Reno moisturizer. I scooped an amazing deal on a pair of AE shell boots, partly because on boot had a similar mark. I defy anyone on this thread to find that mark now. Brushed, with a tiny amount of Saphir Reno, and 'poof', magic! Those are not returns, in my mind. But sounds like there is a size issue pushing you now? In that case, 'blame' the smudges to get your size, absolutely! Lol.
Thanks for the tips. I need to get some of those products on hand since this is my first pair.
I'm a 12 in almost all sneakers. Ordered an 11.5 but there's definitely some room to go down so I'm pretty sure an 11 will be the correct fit. Nordstrom already processed the exchange so now I hope I just don't end up with something much worse.post #6373 of 76316/4/14 at 2:59pmpost #6374 of 76316/5/14 at 6:01am
Got my replacement pair from Nordstrom, was like night and day. Comparing the two, there are no blemishes or creases on the new pair like there were when the old were open, got the cloth, tag, and leather tag, they smell better, and they have the waxed laces. Also a big lack of cut up box and RTS stickers on said box makes me think that not only were the previous pair a return that should have been taken out of rotation, but whoever had them got them to keep the accessories.post #6375 of 76316/5/14 at 7:14amQuote:Having a pair of Whites Smoke Jumpers for work compared to my 1000 Mile boots is not even a close comparison. The Wolverines felt broken in from day one, are pliable and soft, and I feel every pebble I walk on. I still love them. The Whites have taken almost a year and a half of hard work and hiking to break in, are very heavy, I can stomp on anything without worry to soles or leather. A true work boot. No offense just my 2 cents.Originally Posted by Gauss17
The idea that the boots aren't rugged is silly. They are aesthetically extremely similar to red wing, whites, viberg, etc. However, I do admit when worn, they make the foot appear smaller, even though (in my opinion) the fit itself is actually quite roomy. Maybe it's something with the lines of the boot idk.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Sciamat Navy sportscoat 42 US 52 EU New with tags DROPPED Price €... 23 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 23 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 51 minutes ago
- › Vanda Fine Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Handmade neckties from Vanda 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding