Originally Posted by vince24L
Need black polish for my black 1K's.
1. Is a polishing brush necessary for applying black polish?
2. Is it possible to avoid dying the threading on the sole while applying polish?
3. Which brand of black polish would be the consensus recommendation? I don't need dress shoe shine. My boots are just really beat up from chemical spills at work.
First of all I don't have black boots but out of boredom I did polished my brother's worn out black leather boots.
1. To apply the black polish I use soft polyester cloth (avoid any stitched part of the cloth to avoid scratching of the boots). Make sure you clean the boots first with wet cloths and then apply some leather conditioner before you do this. Leave sometimes for the boots to dry before each application. And don't forget to brush each time using horse hair brush.
2. It is possible if you don't apply the black polish directly onto the white threads. If you check my cordovan 8 boots on post 6306, I managed to keep most of the goodyear welt white after applying cordovan polish wax.
3. I used Kiwi brand. Cheap and easy to get.
Edited by Mr M - 5/11/14 at 12:47am