Get them resoled and have some Topy's applied if you are concerned about wear rate
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 415
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6212 of 74834/10/14 at 3:53pmpost #6213 of 74834/10/14 at 4:00pmpost #6214 of 74834/10/14 at 4:29pmpost #6215 of 74834/10/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
Thanks, and you're right. I've got the wrong size.
I've returned the 9's to Amazon and have ordered the 9.5 from Cranes! Thanks for the magic word!post #6216 of 74834/10/14 at 9:11pm
So I see that people recommend conditioning the leather sole, and also that the leather sole will not take a topy well once conditioned (or in general because it is already so oily). What's the best route? Conditioning and then wearing down the leather with a bit of natural wear before topy? Cobbler sanding? Not conditioning the sole?post #6217 of 74834/10/14 at 10:02pmpost #6218 of 74834/10/14 at 10:06pmpost #6219 of 74834/10/14 at 10:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by 7strung
So I see that people recommend conditioning the leather sole, and also that the leather sole will not take a topy well once conditioned (or in general because it is already so oily). What's the best route? Conditioning and then wearing down the leather with a bit of natural wear before topy? Cobbler sanding? Not conditioning the sole?
I always wear unconditioned for a few days and then go to cobbler for Topy application.post #6220 of 74834/10/14 at 10:25pmpost #6221 of 74834/10/14 at 10:35pmpost #6222 of 74834/11/14 at 5:40am
I got a response from Nick Horween on my boots. @Froosh
I made it clear to him I was not complaining to him or looking for anything other than advice on what to expect and any solutions. Seems like a nice guy.Quote:Thanks for the message. The finish is coming right off of those...There are a few things that can cause this, and there's really no fix beyond what you're doing. Just continue to beat them up and you can apply black anywhere that you need to. Here's a good brand of dye that's $2 for 4 oz: http://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-Leather-Dye/dp/B004L5R1DYIf you don't want to wait, you can speed up the process by stripping the areas that are shedding finish. Either way, it's only the very surface that is showing cosmetic issues - the underlying leather will perform and last just as in the other pairs that you have.Sorry to not have better news for you!Best,Nick Horween
I'm just going to keep them. So far I think I am enjoying them more than my Austens or my originals....dont know why more people don't seem to buy the courtlandspost #6223 of 74834/11/14 at 6:18amQuote:
Hey, no problem and thanks for the order.Quote:
I do the same thing but I wear them for a month or two then get it done.
I have more severe weather coming in this weekend so the TORNADO20 special is still on.post #6224 of 74834/11/14 at 8:42ampost #6225 of 74834/11/14 at 8:55am
Just closed the deal on a pair of Tan Addisons. I plan on giving them a good scrub with Lexol pH cleaner, giving them a coat or two of Meltonian London Tan shoe cream (a nice reddish, medium brown) and then following Crane's method of Obernauf's. I will make sure to post the results incase anybody else is interested in this.
Also, I was able to get Nordstrom to price match a pair of boots that's greatly discounted right now and wanted to let everyone know about it. The amazon store F.S. Fashion sells many different Wolverine boot models at a hefty discount (I got my Addisons for 260 shipped). I asked F.S. Fashion if they sell factory second, and they told me they didn't -- several posts on here as well as Reddit lead me to believe they're lying about that. Nordstrom will price match this discount though, I had to try a few different representatives to get them to go through with it, but it eventually worked!
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › *** Visvim thread: Dissertation on a Japanese Holy Spirit *** 18 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 1 minute ago
- › BNIB Alden Indy Boot - J. Crew Alden Indy 403 / 405 Chromexcel Size... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots