Get them resoled and have some Topy's applied if you are concerned about wear rate
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:25 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 415
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6212 of 73314/10/14 at 3:53pmpost #6213 of 73314/10/14 at 4:00pmpost #6214 of 73314/10/14 at 4:29pmpost #6215 of 73314/10/14 at 8:56pmQuote:
Thanks, and you're right. I've got the wrong size.
I've returned the 9's to Amazon and have ordered the 9.5 from Cranes! Thanks for the magic word!post #6216 of 73314/10/14 at 9:11pm
So I see that people recommend conditioning the leather sole, and also that the leather sole will not take a topy well once conditioned (or in general because it is already so oily). What's the best route? Conditioning and then wearing down the leather with a bit of natural wear before topy? Cobbler sanding? Not conditioning the sole?post #6217 of 73314/10/14 at 10:02pmpost #6218 of 73314/10/14 at 10:06pmpost #6219 of 73314/10/14 at 10:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by 7strung
So I see that people recommend conditioning the leather sole, and also that the leather sole will not take a topy well once conditioned (or in general because it is already so oily). What's the best route? Conditioning and then wearing down the leather with a bit of natural wear before topy? Cobbler sanding? Not conditioning the sole?
I always wear unconditioned for a few days and then go to cobbler for Topy application.post #6220 of 73314/10/14 at 10:25pmpost #6221 of 73314/10/14 at 10:35pmpost #6222 of 73314/11/14 at 5:40am
I got a response from Nick Horween on my boots. @Froosh
I made it clear to him I was not complaining to him or looking for anything other than advice on what to expect and any solutions. Seems like a nice guy.Quote:Thanks for the message. The finish is coming right off of those...There are a few things that can cause this, and there's really no fix beyond what you're doing. Just continue to beat them up and you can apply black anywhere that you need to. Here's a good brand of dye that's $2 for 4 oz: http://www.amazon.com/Fiebings-Leather-Dye/dp/B004L5R1DYIf you don't want to wait, you can speed up the process by stripping the areas that are shedding finish. Either way, it's only the very surface that is showing cosmetic issues - the underlying leather will perform and last just as in the other pairs that you have.Sorry to not have better news for you!Best,Nick Horween
I'm just going to keep them. So far I think I am enjoying them more than my Austens or my originals....dont know why more people don't seem to buy the courtlandspost #6223 of 73314/11/14 at 6:18amQuote:
Hey, no problem and thanks for the order.Quote:
I do the same thing but I wear them for a month or two then get it done.
I have more severe weather coming in this weekend so the TORNADO20 special is still on.post #6224 of 73314/11/14 at 8:42ampost #6225 of 73314/11/14 at 8:55am
Just closed the deal on a pair of Tan Addisons. I plan on giving them a good scrub with Lexol pH cleaner, giving them a coat or two of Meltonian London Tan shoe cream (a nice reddish, medium brown) and then following Crane's method of Obernauf's. I will make sure to post the results incase anybody else is interested in this.
Also, I was able to get Nordstrom to price match a pair of boots that's greatly discounted right now and wanted to let everyone know about it. The amazon store F.S. Fashion sells many different Wolverine boot models at a hefty discount (I got my Addisons for 260 shipped). I asked F.S. Fashion if they sell factory second, and they told me they didn't -- several posts on here as well as Reddit lead me to believe they're lying about that. Nordstrom will price match this discount though, I had to try a few different representatives to get them to go through with it, but it eventually worked!
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 43 seconds ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Group MTO for insignificant but hard to find items 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Ralph Lauren Black Label White trousers, 32 or EU48 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...