or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 406

post #6076 of 7036
Not sure. Were only going to see primarily complaints on this thread because people like to talk about their poor experiences more than when a product meets their expectations.

You apparently have bad voodoo with this brand.

Next pair are going to have one foot with veiny bull penis leather
post #6077 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevereast View Post

Not sure. Were only going to see primarily complaints on this thread because people like to talk about their poor experiences more than when a product meets their expectations.

You apparently have bad voodoo with this brand.

Next pair are going to have one foot with veiny bull penis leather

At what point does four pairs of poorly made boots in a row go from bad voodoo to bad QC/QA? This isn't the first such story I've heard either, and I've seen plenty of 1ks that had some issues myself

 

Frustrating, because there doesn't seem to be much that's changing.

post #6078 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

At what point does four pairs of poorly made boots in a row go from bad voodoo to bad QC/QA? This isn't the first such story I've heard either, and I've seen plenty of 1ks that had some issues myself

Frustrating, because there doesn't seem to be much that's changing.
Excellent question....

I'm thinking of selling my 1ks on ebay for 200....

Buy a pair of beckmans and probably enjoy them more once they are broken in
post #6079 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

At what point does four pairs of poorly made boots in a row go from bad voodoo to bad QC/QA? This isn't the first such story I've heard either, and I've seen plenty of 1ks that had some issues myself

Frustrating, because there doesn't seem to be much that's changing.

I went to Nordstrom and even the display models were poor quality. Something is seriously wrong with Wolverine, and it's more than just that people post more negative than positive. You don't see this in the White's or Viberg thread, and even the Alden thread has nowhere near these kinds of issues.
post #6080 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post


I went to Nordstrom and even the display models were poor quality. Something is seriously wrong with Wolverine, and it's more than just that people post more negative than positive. You don't see this in the White's or Viberg thread, and even the Alden thread has nowhere near these kinds of issues.

It's honestly sad. I want the North American bootmakers to do well. I want to buy American footwear. But I also want the quality to be there.

 

I don't understand why (some) English and Italian shoemakers are able to do it, but the Americans can't.

post #6081 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

Is this just bad luck or is Wolverine churning out a lot of subpar boots? First pair, dented toe box and gouge in leather. Second pair, different sized boots. Third pair, mismatched colors. Exchange pair on hold, mismatched colors, mismatched height and glue filler on welt. I've been laughing about it and really patient but I think I'm done, will probably return the third pair and give up.

Same here  froosh

at least you could return urs , after wearing mine new tans for a while i felt they were wide,although its an 8D , turns up the welt on one of mine tans were wider than mine rust us8D
nevertheless it was disappointing ,off loading the tans to a thrift store in Vancouver i guess.

But i still love mine rust very much , never regretted buying it :\ ............... 

 

 

   

post #6082 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

It's honestly sad. I want the North American bootmakers to do well. I want to buy American footwear. But I also want the quality to be there.

Style, quality and price be damned. Buy American.

I used to say that about US cars. I know own a Jeep.
post #6083 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post


Style, quality and price be damned. Buy American.

I used to say that about US cars. I know own a Jeep.

Personally, I don't feel any particular drive to buy American products when other options might be better

post #6084 of 7036
Pretty much agree with everything you guys said though I honestly don't mind where something's made as long as it's made well. The sad thing is, Wolverine customer service doesn't give a shit about the complaints which means all the feedback they're getting is going nowhere. From what they told me, it's up to the retailer to inspect each pair.

hyong91: if your tans are the same size, consider keeping them and putting in inserts or something. Mine were different sizes between boots of the same pair so I had no choice but to exchange.
post #6085 of 7036
Well I got my boots back from getting resoled. Look great like the thin topy.

But WTF very disappointed the entire heel has come off one boot. Guess they're going right back to the shop.
post #6086 of 7036

Is anyone aware of whether the 721/744/Krause use fiberboard insoles like the rest of the 1k line?

post #6087 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

Is anyone aware of whether the 721/744/Krause use fiberboard insoles like the rest of the 1k line?
Looks like fiberboard in this video:
post #6088 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterjuiceman View Post


Looks like fiberboard in this video:

+1, I can't imagine that the underside of the insole that the rib is attached too would be black if it were leather. I would be happy to be proven otherwise however. 

post #6089 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestbash View Post

+1, I can't imagine that the underside of the insole that the rib is attached too would be black if it were leather. I would be happy to be proven otherwise however. 

As far as I know, the canvas ribbing would be cemented directly onto the insole, and any sort of filler materials would go on top of that, but I can't say for certain what that material is without handling it.
post #6090 of 7036
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post


Style, quality and price be damned. Buy American.

I used to say that about US cars. I know own a Jeep.

 

The computer you typed this on was made overseas.  The Jeep you drive was assembled partially in the USA from parts made overseas.  The forum you posted on is built on framework contracted to programmers overseas.

 

Should you buy American when you can?  Absolutely.  Does it mean that you can't get good quality stuff made overseas?  Not at all.  In fact, companies can do it really well as long as they have experience with keeping on top of QC with their suppliers.  Often times, they'll hire someone to live in the country of origin to stay on top of the factories.

 

Here's a good example of where a US company isn't doing anyone a favor by manufacturing themselves.  They could get better quality stuff outside the US.  However, I think their best bet is just to spend a little money fixing whatever the internal breakdown currently is.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review