or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 405

post #6061 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyong91 View Post
 

yeah i have the cards 
Both are different , the card that came with the rust states horween leather , the other one that came with the tan says its aniline chromexcel ,are the 2 leather the same kind ? 

yes ok maybe the height differences are not that big but,the eyelets are on a different level, i obenaufed them ,probably would have a difficult time returning back to the store . :\ 

 

I am relatively certain all of the original 1ks are made with chromexcel.

 

As for that stamping, it is stamping from Horween indicating the size of the hide, plus some other characteristics

post #6062 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

I am relatively certain all of the original 1ks are made with chromexcel.

As for that stamping, it is stamping from Horween indicating the size of the hide, plus some other characteristics

It appears the tan color started out as Chromexcel, then they used Predator for a while and now it looks like it's back to CXL.
post #6063 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

It appears the tan color started out as Chromexcel, then they used Predator for a while and now it looks like it's back to CXL.

Even if it's crome excel
I felt mine tans upper are more waxy
And soft compared to mine rust ...
post #6064 of 7021
Brown, Rust, Black, and Color 8 are all Chromexcel.

Wolverine chose to go with their Inferno (corrected) leather for the Tan boots
Edited by hngu7721 - 3/17/14 at 8:44am
post #6065 of 7021
I have the 1000 mile boots in brown, color 8, and tan. The leather on the tan one definitely feels very different from my other two pairs. The surface is a bit more sticky and not as smooth as the brown and color 8, and the leather itself doesn't have that "stuffed" feel of CXL.

I remember reading that CXL can't be tanned to such light & bright color and so the tan is made with another type of Horween leather.
post #6066 of 7021
OK the Stocktons were predator leather. The tan Addisons and original 1K are made of Inferno leather.
post #6067 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

OK the Stocktons were predator leather. The tan Addisons and original 1K are made of Inferno leather.

Learn something new every day. 

 

Looks like the main difference is that the Inferno is fat liquored (using emulsifiers) instead of hot stuffed (without emulsifiers). It's also dried differently (vacuum instead of air) and not hand glazed (which I suppose explains the differing hand feels). Apparently Horween considers it waterproof.

 

Unfortunately, it's only available in lighter weights and is not finished with an aniline finish.

post #6068 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

Learn something new every day. 

Looks like the main difference is that the Inferno is fat liquored (using emulsifiers) instead of hot stuffed (without emulsifiers). It's also dried differently (vacuum instead of air) and not hand glazed (which I suppose explains the differing hand feels). Apparently Horween considers it waterproof.

Unfortunately, it's only available in lighter weights and is not finished with an aniline finish.

And this year they're going to make an original 1K out of buffalo leather as well.
post #6069 of 7021
FWIW my predator leather Austens are amazing.
post #6070 of 7021
Anyone else notice their boots are different colors? The right boot is redder, lighter and shinier than the left. Can this be evened out somehow?
post #6071 of 7021
I emailed Revolve about the right boot having more red dye in its finish and they went ahead and inspected a pair for exchange. Customer service informed me the pair they have on hold for me also has this problem plus a half inch difference in boot height and glue / filler used on the welt where a chunk was missing. Disappointing.

Should I just keep this pair and slap on a bunch of cordovan shoe cream or will it even out anyways? I have a feeling conditioner would just make one dark red and the other dark purple rather than balancing it out.
post #6072 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

I emailed Revolve about the right boot having more red dye in its finish and they went ahead and inspected a pair for exchange. Customer service informed me the pair they have on hold for me also has this problem plus a half inch difference in boot height and glue / filler used on the welt where a chunk was missing. Disappointing.
.

Any chance of making a matched pair out of the two pairs one wonders ?
post #6073 of 7021
I thought of that except both right boots are reddish and both left boots are purplish. laugh.gif
post #6074 of 7021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post

I emailed Revolve about the right boot having more red dye in its finish and they went ahead and inspected a pair for exchange. Customer service informed me the pair they have on hold for me also has this problem plus a half inch difference in boot height and glue / filler used on the welt where a chunk was missing. Disappointing.

Should I just keep this pair and slap on a bunch of cordovan shoe cream or will it even out anyways? I have a feeling conditioner would just make one dark red and the other dark purple rather than balancing it out.
Return for sure
post #6075 of 7021
Is this just bad luck or is Wolverine churning out a lot of subpar boots? First pair, dented toe box and gouge in leather. Second pair, different sized boots. Third pair, mismatched colors. Exchange pair on hold, mismatched colors, mismatched height and glue filler on welt. I've been laughing about it and really patient but I think I'm done, will probably return the third pair and give up.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review