or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 402

post #6016 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorbiant View Post
 

Christ. It's like nobody can make a good boot anymore. White's and Viberg it is I guess. 

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreas1965 View Post
 

Viberg, Whites and don't forget Wesco.

After my experience with other bootmakers, I'll stick to those 3 in the future. 

I think quality of wolverines are good enough for me to be satisfied. I can definitely appreciate the finer details of more expensive brands, but for a workboot that was meant to get f**ked up, why pay the extra X amount of dollars? I would use that money to go towards other items that I want. That is unless you're single and making six figure salary. Then by all means, go for it. 

post #6017 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
 

I think quality of wolverines are good enough for me to be satisfied. I can definitely appreciate the finer details of more expensive brands, but for a workboot that was meant to get f**ked up, why pay the extra X amount of dollars? I would use that money to go towards other items that I want. That is unless you're single and making six figure salary. Then by all means, go for it. 

Well, I respect your point of view. 

On the other hand, my pair of 1Ks got f**ked up in not much more than 4 weeks (and not worn daily). So for me the boots aren't worth their money. Why spend $300 on shitty boots only to buy quality stuff a month later?

I mean, 300 USD isn't cheap, just spend a hundred more and buy Wescos. They'll last you much longer.

 

Now I have a pair of boots sitting in my closet that I can't even sell on EBay, because they are defect. 300 $ just blown away.

 

And, as I said, I'm not alone. Read what others have to say about Wolverine and their QC (and after having issues with QC all the problems with their shitty customer service).

 

Speaking of the eyelet problem: a quick google search got me more than 100 results. 1Ks seem to be prone to this kind of defect. That's ridiculous. QC anyone????

post #6018 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post
 

I think quality of wolverines are good enough for me to be satisfied. I can definitely appreciate the finer details of more expensive brands, but for a workboot that was meant to get f**ked up, why pay the extra X amount of dollars? I would use that money to go towards other items that I want. That is unless you're single and making six figure salary. Then by all means, go for it. 

This is such a terrible argument. Just because it's a heritage workboot does not mean it excuses terrible workmanship. I enjoy 1ks, but they do have their share of QC issues

post #6019 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas1965 View Post

Well, I respect your point of view. 
On the other hand, my pair of 1Ks got f**ked up in not much more than 4 weeks (and not worn daily). So for me the boots aren't worth their money. Why spend $300 on shitty boots only to buy quality stuff a month later?
I mean, 300 USD isn't cheap, just spend a hundred more and buy Wescos. They'll last you much longer.

Now I have a pair of boots sitting in my closet that I can't even sell on EBay, because they are defect. 300 $ just blown away.

And, as I said, I'm not alone. Read what others have to say about Wolverine and their QC (and after having issues with QC all the problems with their shitty customer service).

Speaking of the eyelet problem: a quick google search got me more than 100 results. 1Ks seem to be prone to this kind of defect. That's ridiculous. QC anyone????

So what's the problem with the boots? I also know that a 100 google returns means nothing since most of the complainers have myriads of accounts on other boards.

Nevermind eyelets. Your situation is exasperated because you bought them in the US and then went overseas.
post #6020 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


So what's the problem with the boots? I also know that a 100 google returns means nothing since most of the complainers have myriads of accounts on other boards.

Nevermind eyelets. Your situation is exasperated because you bought them in the US and then went overseas.

If all but two eyelets come loose after a month and then one pops off leaving a huge hole in the leather THAT is a problem. The cobbler tried to install a new, bigger eyelet, but that couldn't cover the tear. 300 $ boots now look like shit.

 

And the fact I bought them in the US to bring them to Europe... well, this is something I'm doing all the time with other stuff. Whenever something went wrong (seldom enough) I could rely on customer service (RW, RRL, Wesco). But Wolverine simply isn't able to give me a working contact adress of their so called German distributor. they just don't answer my emails anymore.

 

And please admit, like "myriads" of others do, that their QC is crap. I told you about the store in my town that quit selling the boots just because of all the complaints from their customers. I know you're selling these boots and have to be loyal...

post #6021 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas1965 View Post

If all but two eyelets come loose after a month and then one pops off leaving a huge hole in the leather THAT is a problem. The cobbler tried to install a new, bigger eyelet, but that couldn't cover the tear. 300 $ boots now look like shit.

And the fact I bought them in the US to bring them to Europe... well, this is something I'm doing all the time with other stuff. Whenever something went wrong (seldom enough) I could rely on customer service (RW, RRL, Wesco). But Wolverine simply isn't able to give me a working contact adress of their so called German distributor. they just don't answer my emails anymore.

And please admit, like "myriads" of others do, that their QC is crap. I told you about the store in my town that quit selling the boots just because of all the complaints from their customers. I know you're selling these boots and have to be loyal...

It's undeniable there's a quality control problem but their customer service problem is even worse. I'm guessing you had to deal with Laura Pellerito and her delayed, canned responses and general lack of care. You're not the first one to complain about her. I'm surprised Wolverine hired her to be "Consumer Relations Specialist" because like I said earlier, she doesn't really give a damn. A simple "I'll take care of that, we'll make sure you get a great pair without any issues" would make all the difference, but no. I encourage anyone else with problems to contact Wolverine, maybe if enough people do it they'll make some necessary changes. Until then, red81's advice is sound. Buy from a reputable dealer and expect to exchange.
post #6022 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas1965 View Post
 

Well, I respect your point of view. 

On the other hand, my pair of 1Ks got f**ked up in not much more than 4 weeks (and not worn daily). So for me the boots aren't worth their money. Why spend $300 on shitty boots only to buy quality stuff a month later?

I mean, 300 USD isn't cheap, just spend a hundred more and buy Wescos. They'll last you much longer.

 

Now I have a pair of boots sitting in my closet that I can't even sell on EBay, because they are defect. 300 $ just blown away.

 

And, as I said, I'm not alone. Read what others have to say about Wolverine and their QC (and after having issues with QC all the problems with their shitty customer service).

 

Speaking of the eyelet problem: a quick google search got me more than 100 results. 1Ks seem to be prone to this kind of defect. That's ridiculous. QC anyone????

I'm sorry you guys had to experience all that. I haven't had any problems with my boots but I'd be pissed if I had the same problems so I understand. I got my boots on 40% off sale, and I see them going on sale all the time with a 30% discount code, so that's why I guess I never viewed it as a $345 boot. Kind of like Allen Edmonds that always have sales. I never view their shoes as being $350 shoes, but $200 shoes since they are always on sale. I also got my boots from Nordstroms with a price match, so I feel pretty safe due to their awesome return policy if something goes wrong. 

post #6023 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas1965 View Post

And the fact I bought them in the US to bring them to Europe... well, this is something I'm doing all the time with other stuff. Whenever something went wrong (seldom enough) I could rely on customer service (RW, RRL, Wesco). But Wolverine simply isn't able to give me a working contact adress of their so called German distributor. they just don't answer my emails anymore.

So you have had issues that have been resolved by RW, RRL and Wesco customer Service ?

Wow.

There must be some good German/European bootmakers. I think I'd start looking at their products,
post #6024 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas1965 View Post

If all but two eyelets come loose after a month and then one pops off leaving a huge hole in the leather THAT is a problem. The cobbler tried to install a new, bigger eyelet, but that couldn't cover the tear. 300 $ boots now look like shit.

And the fact I bought them in the US to bring them to Europe... well, this is something I'm doing all the time with other stuff. Whenever something went wrong (seldom enough) I could rely on customer service (RW, RRL, Wesco). But Wolverine simply isn't able to give me a working contact adress of their so called German distributor. they just don't answer my emails anymore.

And please admit, like "myriads" of others do, that their QC is crap. I told you about the store in my town that quit selling the boots just because of all the complaints from their customers. I know you're selling these boots and have to be loyal...

Several hundred thousand pairs are sold each year and the amount of supposed QC problems are miniscule. I will not admit to any nonsense that there's some huge quality control problem because it doesn't exist.

Here's a German reseller of 1000 mile boots. Why don't you call them and get the information you need? Hell they might even replace them for you.

http://www.zalando.de/premium-sortiment/wolverine-1000-mile/?q=Schuhe&gclid=CMvr5MeQk70CFY0-MgodPzMAug&wt_ga45=2984018236_11607552316&wt_gk45=Broad_2984018236_wolverine+1000+mile+schuhe
post #6025 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Several hundred thousand pairs are sold each year and the amount of supposed QC problems are miniscule. I will not admit to any nonsense that there's some huge quality control problem because it doesn't exist.

I think people forget that Wolverine are not a small family run business of bootmakers who are going to live or die by a few bad boots.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=www&ql=1

http://www.wolverineworldwide.com/
post #6026 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by movoblast View Post

 I also got my boots from Nordstroms with a price match, so I feel pretty safe due to their awesome return policy if something goes wrong. 

Maybe he should just bite the cost of postage and return them to Nordstrom ?

Buying in one country and taking to another is always a risk, even if the company offers a worldwide warranty. Do Wolverine offer a worldwide warranty ? If not, then the German distributor may simply not want to get involved considering them to be grey market goods.
post #6027 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


Several hundred thousand pairs are sold each year and the amount of supposed QC problems are miniscule. I will not admit to any nonsense that there's some huge quality control problem because it doesn't exist.

Here's a German reseller of 1000 mile boots. Why don't you call them and get the information you need? Hell they might even replace them for you.

 

Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post


I think people forget that Wolverine are not a small family run business of bootmakers who are going to live or die by a few bad boots.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=www&ql=1

http://www.wolverineworldwide.com/

There are indeed hundreds of thousands of boots made each year, and most of them are not part of the 1k line. I would personally expect a higher attention paid to the higher end line. 

 

By the way milw50717, "Wolverine World Wide" is a parent company. One of it's arms is the Wolverine that we are speaking about. They are not the same thing. WWW also owns Sperry and Sebago.

post #6028 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

By the way milw50717, "Wolverine World Wide" is a parent company. One of it's arms is the Wolverine that we are speaking about. They are not the same thing. WWW also owns Sperry and Sebago.

Agreed, but you think, act and are influenced in different ways once you are part of a larger company. Each of the arms will be a separate business unit that will have targets, etc.
post #6029 of 6602
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrobit View Post

There are indeed hundreds of thousands of boots made each year, and most of them are not part of the 1k line. I would personally expect a higher attention paid to the higher end line. 

By the way milw50717, "Wolverine World Wide" is a parent company. One of it's arms is the Wolverine that we are speaking about. They are not the same thing. WWW also owns Sperry and Sebago.

The advantages of being a dealer is you get numbers from your rep. In the world of Wolverine millions of pairs of shoes and boots are made each year. In the 1K American line the number is between 40,000 and 60,000 pair a year.
post #6030 of 6602

Wow this is such an angry thread haha! Back to the Alden thread I go. Unsubscribe Wolverine thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review