have a pair of RW round toe and the right is noticeably wider/larger. don't think its the boot as much as its the foot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 395post #5911 of 77932/16/14 at 6:42pmpost #5912 of 77932/16/14 at 6:45pmpost #5913 of 77932/16/14 at 7:16pmQuote:
i've noticed this also. what might be happening is manufacturers are compensating for the differences in foot sizes, right usually being a tad larger. worked out here being the right foot is a little larger than the left.post #5914 of 77932/16/14 at 7:22pmpost #5915 of 77932/16/14 at 8:35pmpost #5916 of 77932/16/14 at 9:04pmpost #5917 of 77932/16/14 at 9:05pmpost #5918 of 77932/16/14 at 11:50pmpost #5919 of 77932/17/14 at 1:40pmpost #5920 of 77932/19/14 at 9:36ampost #5921 of 77932/19/14 at 10:04amQuote:
What sort of a finish are you looking for ?
The obvious answer is to use either a neutral or #8 coloured polish, but you may want something different.
Here is something that may help and shows the saphir colours
Burgundy for the win methinks. Different products may/will have slightly different colouring.post #5922 of 77932/19/14 at 11:33am
Neutral, Brown, Cordovan, any will work if we're talking wax polishing. Hell, black is good, too, if you want a mottled black cherry look. Safest is neutral; I've never understood the need for tinted wax, other than if you're looking to also fill in color for scratch/gouges or something similar where there's colour-loss.post #5923 of 77932/20/14 at 1:54am
OK, I've got a tooth to pick with Wolverine...
Firstly, I'm from Germany, very limited access to 1K's here, and if available, laughable pricing on these boots. So I bought a pair of brown CXL 1K's when on vacation in Florida. Bought them at Nordstrom Boca Raton. So far so good...
A few weeks after I noticed that on my left boot all 6 speedhooks were loose, could easily twist them around. Shortly after 1 of the eyelets on the left boot popped out, leaving a huge tear in the leather. I went to my trusted local cobbler. After inspecting the boot he told me that all eyelets plus speedhoks on the left boot weren't installed properly and were to come off soon.
He put in a new, much bigger eyelet to cover the teared one. Functionally it's ok, but it looks disgusting, even more horrible considering this is a 340 USD boot.
I was so pissed that I stored them away and never touched them for months.
After telling about this to a friend he suggested to contact Wolverine customer service. I sent a mail, they demanded pictures. Sent them lots of pics. Then they asked if I were from US. No, I answered... Immediate response: call German distributor. They sent me an email address.
Unfortunately this email seems to be either a dead link, or there's someone unwilling to answer (I included my conversation with Wolverine US). It's 2 weeks now, and no response.
So, at the bottom line, although I like the look of these boots, I can not recommend buying these from overseas. I'm debating with myself if it's even to be recommended to buy these at all. I heard so many complaints all over the web from various sites about their QC. And their customer service here in Europe seems to be even worse.
In the future I'll stick to Viberg and Wesco, boots I never had problems with. And if I need boots more budget oriented, I'll buy Red Wings (no problems ever with these in the past).
P:S: If someone from Wolverine is reading here: you should make sure to have distributors whose willingness to answer customers emails is on par with that of your US customer service.post #5924 of 77932/20/14 at 4:12ampost #5925 of 77932/20/14 at 5:55amQuote:
Thank you, I contacted Nordstrom. We'll wait and see...
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 25 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 5 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...