have a pair of RW round toe and the right is noticeably wider/larger. don't think its the boot as much as its the foot.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 10/28/15 at 1:21am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 5:26 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 395post #5911 of 74272/16/14 at 6:42pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #5912 of 74272/16/14 at 6:45pmpost #5913 of 74272/16/14 at 7:16pmQuote:
i've noticed this also. what might be happening is manufacturers are compensating for the differences in foot sizes, right usually being a tad larger. worked out here being the right foot is a little larger than the left.post #5914 of 74272/16/14 at 7:22pmpost #5915 of 74272/16/14 at 8:35pmpost #5916 of 74272/16/14 at 9:04pmpost #5917 of 74272/16/14 at 9:05pmpost #5918 of 74272/16/14 at 11:50pmpost #5919 of 74272/17/14 at 1:40pmpost #5920 of 74272/19/14 at 9:36ampost #5921 of 74272/19/14 at 10:04amQuote:
What sort of a finish are you looking for ?
The obvious answer is to use either a neutral or #8 coloured polish, but you may want something different.
Here is something that may help and shows the saphir colours
Burgundy for the win methinks. Different products may/will have slightly different colouring.post #5922 of 74272/19/14 at 11:33am
Neutral, Brown, Cordovan, any will work if we're talking wax polishing. Hell, black is good, too, if you want a mottled black cherry look. Safest is neutral; I've never understood the need for tinted wax, other than if you're looking to also fill in color for scratch/gouges or something similar where there's colour-loss.post #5923 of 74272/20/14 at 1:54am
OK, I've got a tooth to pick with Wolverine...
Firstly, I'm from Germany, very limited access to 1K's here, and if available, laughable pricing on these boots. So I bought a pair of brown CXL 1K's when on vacation in Florida. Bought them at Nordstrom Boca Raton. So far so good...
A few weeks after I noticed that on my left boot all 6 speedhooks were loose, could easily twist them around. Shortly after 1 of the eyelets on the left boot popped out, leaving a huge tear in the leather. I went to my trusted local cobbler. After inspecting the boot he told me that all eyelets plus speedhoks on the left boot weren't installed properly and were to come off soon.
He put in a new, much bigger eyelet to cover the teared one. Functionally it's ok, but it looks disgusting, even more horrible considering this is a 340 USD boot.
I was so pissed that I stored them away and never touched them for months.
After telling about this to a friend he suggested to contact Wolverine customer service. I sent a mail, they demanded pictures. Sent them lots of pics. Then they asked if I were from US. No, I answered... Immediate response: call German distributor. They sent me an email address.
Unfortunately this email seems to be either a dead link, or there's someone unwilling to answer (I included my conversation with Wolverine US). It's 2 weeks now, and no response.
So, at the bottom line, although I like the look of these boots, I can not recommend buying these from overseas. I'm debating with myself if it's even to be recommended to buy these at all. I heard so many complaints all over the web from various sites about their QC. And their customer service here in Europe seems to be even worse.
In the future I'll stick to Viberg and Wesco, boots I never had problems with. And if I need boots more budget oriented, I'll buy Red Wings (no problems ever with these in the past).
P:S: If someone from Wolverine is reading here: you should make sure to have distributors whose willingness to answer customers emails is on par with that of your US customer service.post #5924 of 74272/20/14 at 4:12ampost #5925 of 74272/20/14 at 5:55amQuote:
Thank you, I contacted Nordstrom. We'll wait and see...
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn Style
- › Antiques, antiques auctions, recent purchases and discussion 55 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Inspiration needed 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Help - Lost on Levi jeans and why these are cool 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories