or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 351

post #5251 of 6452
Not even close to a meltdown. I've just had enough of a few loudmouth know it alls with absolutely nothing to back up their ridiculous claims and bullshit. I think it's ludicrous that someone has the balls to waltz into one affiliate thread after another to do nothing more than stir up the pot and cause grief for well regarded affiliates and vendors. The real bitch here is they pissed down the leg of an affiliate who isn't going to put up with it. That's what's got some people riled up. Oh the horror of a vendor who won't tolerate unreasonable expectations!!

Go find a new hobby anrobit. I'm sure many a manufacturer and affiliate would be mighty happy if you did.

How did you arrive at 10 percent of the people who buy these boots hate them tjones?

and the beat goes on. LOL!
post #5252 of 6452

 

Alright! So i was finally able to get my boots from Crane! Excellent customer service by the way. He was able to answer my questions regarding the boots. When i asked what size I should get, he recommended that i go to the local store and try out different wolverine style boots. I did that and decided on a size 8. It fits really good.  He didn't have it in stock so he had to order it from the official wolverine website. So after i admired them for awhile, I decided to apply obenauf oil on it. Here is how the first application looks.

 

 

I will be applying Obenauf LP tommorrow! It looks like I will be enjoying these boots for a long time!

post #5253 of 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Not even close to a meltdown. I've just had enough of a few loudmouth know it alls with absolutely nothing to back up their ridiculous claims and bullshit. I think it's ludicrous that someone has the balls to waltz into one affiliate thread after another to do nothing more than stir up the pot and cause grief for well regarded affiliates and vendors. The real bitch here is they pissed down the leg of an affiliate who isn't going to put up with it. That's what's got some people riled up. Oh the horror of a vendor who won't tolerate unreasonable expectations!!

Go find a new hobby anrobit. I'm sure many a manufacturer and affiliate would be mighty happy if you did.

How did you arrive at 10 percent of the people who buy these boots hate them tjones?

and the beat goes on. LOL!

This isn't your affiliate thread, btw. It's a thread on Wolverine 1ks. I'm not stirring up any pot. I'm challenging your advice, and you responded with a meltdown.

 

I'll be here to stay.


Edited by anrobit - 1/27/14 at 9:37pm
post #5254 of 6452

After a month of wear, my opinion on what Obenauf LP does to the color is, no one will care and neither will you. All I know is they look good.

post #5255 of 6452

Finally somebody mentioned the rudeness of Crane. 

post #5256 of 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by accordion View Post

After a month of wear, my opinion on what Obenauf LP does to the color is, no one will care and neither will you. All I know is they look good.
Have you had any success with buffing up Obenauf's LP to give the boots some shine / luster?
post #5257 of 6452
Poor cow died in vain. ffffuuuu.gif
post #5258 of 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froosh View Post


Have you had any success with buffing up Obenauf's LP to give the boots some shine / luster?

 

brush brush brush. 

post #5259 of 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Not even close to a meltdown. I've just had enough of a few loudmouth know it alls with absolutely nothing to back up their ridiculous claims and bullshit. I think it's ludicrous that someone has the balls to waltz into one affiliate thread after another to do nothing more than stir up the pot and cause grief for well regarded affiliates and vendors. The real bitch here is they pissed down the leg of an affiliate who isn't going to put up with it. That's what's got some people riled up. Oh the horror of a vendor who won't tolerate unreasonable expectations!!

Go find a new hobby anrobit. I'm sure many a manufacturer and affiliate would be mighty happy if you did.

How did you arrive at 10 percent of the people who buy these boots hate them tjones?

and the beat goes on. LOL!

Unfortunately, due to your complete inability to take criticism as well as your refusal to accept opinions outside of yours, this will fall on deaf ears but;

 

you are the epitome of a loudmouth know it all

post #5260 of 6452

Without a doubt, Crane's can be a prickly bastard, but he is also giving you guys solid sizing information (again and again and again) and showing you what these boots are capable of by torture testing them on a daily basis. Oh, and a legitimate discount.

 

If you're looking for a pristine boot that looks good on a williamsburg barstool this may not be the boot for you.

 

lefty

post #5261 of 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post

Without a doubt, Crane's can be a prickly bastard, but he is also giving you guys solid sizing information (again and again and again) and showing you what these boots are capable of by torture testing them on a daily basis. Oh, and a legitimate discount.

If you're looking for a pristine boot that looks good on a williamsburg barstool this may not be the boot for you.

lefty

I don't think anyone is denying that - what they are saying, though, is that excessive creasing (even in relation to chromexcel, which many of us have handled many times) is ugly, and when you're paying a premium for a boot, you should expect that the company is using nice looking skins.

That being said, I don't particularly think Wolverines are high quality. I've never been impressed with the construction, and when you compare them to Viberg or Danner (admittedly Viberg is much more expensive) you do see a difference. Will it make a difference in the long run? Probably not. But let's not pretend that everyone is buying these boots because of a utilitarian desire to have a great hiker -- if that was the case, we'd all be wearing lightweight, goretex lined synthetics. There's a reason that the boots were brought back when they were, and it wasn't because forest rangers and steel workers discovered the old styles. It's a fashion boot.
post #5262 of 6452

I agree that it is a fashion boot, though Crane's use got me thinking about them as an outdoor boot and I will be bringing a pair along to a CA jungle trek next month. Typically, I wear technical gear as I'm a little anti olde tyme workwear in the outdoors. (Thank you for fucking that up, hipsters.)

 

Fashion, however, for you guys is a bizarre concept. You (the collective "you") lose your minds over this stupid boot:

 

 

 

But then lose your minds in another less fun way over some leather wrinkling in the 1000 miler. 

 

After a few days in an NYC winter my boots were scuffed, cut, discoloured and wrinkled. The eyes don't line up (that could be my feet) and the tongues are askew. They are also insanely comfortable. I think they look fine, but I have other dressier boots if I need to up my show game.

 

I also agree that it isn't a high-end product. That may be the crux of the issue - 350 (a fair amount of money) only buys you an average quality in footwear today. Couple that with the obsessive demands of today's customer and things are going to get testy.

 

Anyway you cut it, Crane's is the retailer not the manufacturer and seems to make good on any returns.

 

lefty

post #5263 of 6452
I don't think anyone has ever tried to pass them on as anything more than what they are - above mall brand but certainly not top of the line, and priced accordingly.

IIRC, they are made by AE and most SF regulars know where AE ranks in shoe hierarchy.

^^^ Misinformation corrected
Edited by bellyhungry - 1/28/14 at 7:27am
post #5264 of 6452
As far as I know the only boots in the USA line that were made by AE were the limited edition shell. Everything else is made in their own factory up in Michigan.
post #5265 of 6452
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
 

I agree that it is a fashion boot, though Crane's use got me thinking about them as an outdoor boot and I will be bringing a pair along to a CA jungle trek next month. Typically, I wear technical gear as I'm a little anti olde tyme workwear in the outdoors. (Thank you for fucking that up, hipsters.)

 

Fashion, however, for you guys is a bizarre concept. You (the collective "you") lose your minds over this stupid boot:

 

But then lose your minds in another less fun way over some leather wrinkling in the 1000 miler. 

 

After a few days in an NYC winter my boots were scuffed, cut, discoloured and wrinkled. The eyes don't line up (that could be my feet) and the tongues are askew. They are also insanely comfortable. I think they look fine, but I have other dressier boots if I need to up my show game.

 

I also agree that it isn't a high-end product. That may be the crux of the issue - 350 (a fair amount of money) only buys you an average quality in footwear today. Couple that with the obsessive demands of today's customer and things are going to get testy.

 

Anyway you cut it, Crane's is the retailer not the manufacturer and seems to make good on any returns.

 

lefty

You bring up a good point in wear, but there is still a difference in wear inflicted by the user and wear that came straight from the factory. Personally, I hated that Wings + Horns with Dayton collab, especially when I could buy a boot from Dayton for significantly less and beat it up myself.

 

Either way Crane's may be the retailer and not the manufacturer, but that doesn't mean it's okay for him to insult customers/others and try to convince them that this is okay and they need to accept this appearance from the factory and accost them when they don't.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review