or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 331

post #4951 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman30 View Post
 

Does anyone know how long it takes for cranes to ship out a pair of boots? i put in an order last week but have not received any updates, so i have no idea when to expect them.

 

I ordered mine on Jan 10. They shipped out on Jan 11.

post #4952 of 7039
I disagree. I definitely think something should be applied to the boots. Can anyone else weigh in on this? Can obenaufs lp be strictly used all the time, or do I need to buy obenaufs oil as well?
post #4953 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


Neither article has any information to back up your claim that CXL does not require conditioning.

Who cares if the soles are less abrasion resistant. You said it's pointless to weatherseal the uppers unless you half sole the boots which is a patently false statement.

 

CXL does require conditioning, but it's so stuffed with oils that it requires significantly less conditioning than some other leathers. That's why VSC is a good product to use on CXL: it's light, can be applied frequently, and doesn't do a whole lot of conditioning.

 

It is generally pointless to weatherseal the uppers. The leather sole does not lend itself well to wet conditions and will break down much more quickly, so many people should care if the soles are less abrasion resistant. Thus, it's not really a wet-weather boot. If you do want a wet weather boot, there is some merit to waterproofing and adding a topy, but that does not change the fact that GYW construction is not waterproof. 

 

Personally, I prefer to rely on the natural water-resistant qualities of leather, especially of an oil-stuffed leather like CXL, and I recommend that most others do the same.

post #4954 of 7039


Crane, are these 1000 mile boots brown or rust color? I have read through the forum, and you have had these for a few years. I am just wondering what color option they are because I love the color even after multiple years. Also, I recently purchased a pair from your store when you ran the 20% off. However, I ordered the wrong size. How does the return process work for you guys?
post #4955 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobman30 View Post

Does anyone know how long it takes for cranes to ship out a pair of boots? i put in an order last week but have not received any updates, so i have no idea when to expect them.

If I have your size sitting on the back shelf they usually ship in a day or two. If your size is not on the back shelf we order them in from W and ship them out. That adds a few days to the process. Remember I said I was doing size runs that I could guarantee delivery on versus just canceling your order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloridafan93 View Post



Crane, are these 1000 mile boots brown or rust color? I have read through the forum, and you have had these for a few years. I am just wondering what color option they are because I love the color even after multiple years. Also, I recently purchased a pair from your store when you ran the 20% off. However, I ordered the wrong size. How does the return process work for you guys?

Those are my brown boots after a coat of oil. Exchanging is easy. Call up the store and let Dave know what's going on.
post #4956 of 7039
Desert boots. I'll have to check size runs. I'll be checking on availability today and with a little luck I'll be able to add more sizes...

Yeah, another sale is in the works.
post #4957 of 7039

Damn those are sexy. I guess it will look better with more wear. Thanks!

post #4958 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Those are my brown boots after a coat of oil. Exchanging is easy. Call up the store and let Dave know what's going on.

Dang those are brown? I have read through these forum postings and many people have said after they oil them, the brown 1000 miles look black. Those aren't black at all. How often do you oil them? What oil do you generally use? I love that color.
post #4959 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloridafan93 View Post

Dang those are brown? I have read through these forum postings and many people have said after they oil them, the brown 1000 miles look black. Those aren't black at all. How often do you oil them? What oil do you generally use? I love that color.

Yep those are brown boots. I oil them with Filson boot oil whenever they need it. I'm not sure how or why people are ending up with black boots after oiling them. About the only way I can think of that would do that is oiling them without thoroughly cleaning them first.
post #4960 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Yep those are brown boots. I oil them with Filson boot oil whenever they need it. I'm not sure how or why people are ending up with black boots after oiling them. About the only way I can think of that would do that is oiling them without thoroughly cleaning them first.

Yeah those boots you have seem to have kept the original color really well. I hope mine look like that too after oiling them.
post #4961 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloridafan93 View Post

Yeah those boots you have seem to have kept the original color really well. I hope mine look like that too after oiling them.

They'll darken a bit but that settles down and goes pretty much away after a few days or so. Just don't overdo the oiling. Wipe them down with an oily rag, let them sit for a few minutes and then wipe off the excess. I do mine in sections so it's easier to get an even coat on them. You might see a spot or two that appears darker when you oil them the first few times. Those are dry spots and after a few treatments that evens out as well.
post #4962 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTrent82 View Post
 

Hey, first time poster here so be gentle.  I have a store credit at a local place that carries the 1k boots.  My true size is 10E.  The D's fit a bit narrow (I was told that the line runs narrow in general), and they didn't carry E's.  I soon came to find out that no one carries E's because Wolverine doesn't make them.  So I went ahead and ordered the EEE's, and I'm waiting on them, but I just can't imagine fitting a triple wide.  Why, for heaven's sake, is nothing offered between D and EEE?  Should I size up in the D's and deal with the extra length?  Should I go to the RW outlet?  No, they don't make E's either... I'm despondent.  Is there no boot for me besides the bespoke route?  I really wanted to use that credit.  Does anyone have any experience with the 1Ks in EEE?


I'm just gonna give this a little bump... any takers?

post #4963 of 7039

By true size, do you mean in 1000 miles, or Brannock? I would consider sizing to a 10D. Chromexcel is quite stretchy, and as long as they're not painful, will expand to accommodate your foot quite easily.

post #4964 of 7039


The top of the toe is right where my finger is. They definitely feel too big. Would I be okay going a half size smaller, or should I go a full size smaller?
post #4965 of 7039
Quote:
Originally Posted by gfloridafan93 View Post



The top of the toe is right where my finger is. They definitely feel too big. Would I be okay going a half size smaller, or should I go a full size smaller?

That's about where my toe is. Shoes and boots are not sized based on how much room there is before your toes get mashed. Again, the correct sizing is based on a proper Brannok measurement. The toebox is reinforced and if the flex point of your foot is too far forward you will pay dearly for it. Someone here found out the hard way and ended up selling their shell boots because of it. The fit of a workboot is supposed to be roomy. That's done so you can wear thicker socks in cold weather or for a light insole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review