The half-soles you mentioned will probably be your best bet. I went with the 2341 Raptor (extra traction for winter).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/2/15 at 3:47pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 317post #4741 of 735712/19/13 at 3:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4742 of 735712/19/13 at 3:46pmQuote:My 1k originals are 9d and a bit loose. My Austens are 9.5d and a bit loose, but thicker socks make them perfect.
Now that I wear them daily I think I might like them better. At first I was on the fence. Then wanted to sell them. Now i just love thempost #4743 of 735712/19/13 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Froosh
Is there a specific half sole that works well (long lasting, not too noticeable) with the 1ks? I've seen mention of Topy, Vibram 2337 and 2338.
Also, I was checking the 1ks out at a couple of stores last week and noticed a few pairs had some extra thick wrinkling and a veiny appearance, is this considered normal for CXL?
Recently got the Vibram 2341 which is a more rugged half sole. Perfect for a Toronto winter; very satisfied with it.post #4744 of 735712/19/13 at 4:47pmpost #4745 of 735712/19/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it... It's better than nothing.post #4746 of 735712/19/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
When they eventually need replacement just request the one you prefer.post #4747 of 735712/19/13 at 8:46pmpost #4748 of 735712/19/13 at 10:20pmpost #4749 of 735712/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #4750 of 735712/19/13 at 10:37pmpost #4751 of 735712/19/13 at 11:06pmpost #4752 of 735712/19/13 at 11:18pmpost #4753 of 735712/20/13 at 12:30amQuote:
What kind of expertise do you hold to deliver such a bold statement? If I remember correctly, there are still disagreements if it is good for the outsole or not. By conditioning the outsole you do make them more neutral regarding the elements, but it also softens them up to a certain degree and they are wear faster. I would advise to go for a topy.post #4754 of 735712/20/13 at 12:33amQuote:Originally Posted by cbfn
What kind of expertise do you hold to deliver such a bold statement? If I remember correctly, there are still disagreements if it is good for the outsole or not. By conditioning the outsole you do make them more neutral regarding the elements, but it also softens them up to a certain degree and they are wear faster. I would advise to go for a topy.
the OP asked whether he should treat the outsoles. So i'm assuming he does not want to go for a topy. so let's assume that's the case, would you advise him to condition his outsoles?post #4755 of 735712/20/13 at 5:19amQuote:Quote:
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 seconds ago
- › What is the Retail Price for a Tom Ford Blazer and Scarf ?? 24 seconds ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 25 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 8 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...