The half-soles you mentioned will probably be your best bet. I went with the 2341 Raptor (extra traction for winter).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Today
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Today
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Today
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 317post #4741 of 748312/19/13 at 3:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #4742 of 748312/19/13 at 3:46pmQuote:My 1k originals are 9d and a bit loose. My Austens are 9.5d and a bit loose, but thicker socks make them perfect.
Now that I wear them daily I think I might like them better. At first I was on the fence. Then wanted to sell them. Now i just love thempost #4743 of 748312/19/13 at 4:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Froosh
Is there a specific half sole that works well (long lasting, not too noticeable) with the 1ks? I've seen mention of Topy, Vibram 2337 and 2338.
Also, I was checking the 1ks out at a couple of stores last week and noticed a few pairs had some extra thick wrinkling and a veiny appearance, is this considered normal for CXL?
Recently got the Vibram 2341 which is a more rugged half sole. Perfect for a Toronto winter; very satisfied with it.post #4744 of 748312/19/13 at 4:47pmpost #4745 of 748312/19/13 at 4:51pmQuote:
Eh, I wouldn't worry about it... It's better than nothing.post #4746 of 748312/19/13 at 7:31pmQuote:
When they eventually need replacement just request the one you prefer.post #4747 of 748312/19/13 at 8:46pmpost #4748 of 748312/19/13 at 10:20pmpost #4749 of 748312/19/13 at 10:27pmpost #4750 of 748312/19/13 at 10:37pmpost #4751 of 748312/19/13 at 11:06pmpost #4752 of 748312/19/13 at 11:18pmpost #4753 of 748312/20/13 at 12:30amQuote:
What kind of expertise do you hold to deliver such a bold statement? If I remember correctly, there are still disagreements if it is good for the outsole or not. By conditioning the outsole you do make them more neutral regarding the elements, but it also softens them up to a certain degree and they are wear faster. I would advise to go for a topy.post #4754 of 748312/20/13 at 12:33amQuote:Originally Posted by cbfn
What kind of expertise do you hold to deliver such a bold statement? If I remember correctly, there are still disagreements if it is good for the outsole or not. By conditioning the outsole you do make them more neutral regarding the elements, but it also softens them up to a certain degree and they are wear faster. I would advise to go for a topy.
the OP asked whether he should treat the outsoles. So i'm assuming he does not want to go for a topy. so let's assume that's the case, would you advise him to condition his outsoles?post #4755 of 748312/20/13 at 5:19amQuote:Quote:
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 10 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 14 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 16 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 21 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...