or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 294

post #4396 of 7015
New laces.
post #4397 of 7015

Anyone bought these boots in the UK?

 

I'd love to buy a pair, but going by the comments on sizing, I think I should try them first. However, I'm struggling to find a stockist in the North of England (I live in Leeds).

 

I've noticed that Revolve will ship to the UK, but I'd have to be pretty sure of my size before hitting the button. I tried some Red Wing chukka's on a few weeks back and a UK 7.5 seemed OK (I'm normally a UK 8). Has sizing down a  half size worked for everyone else?

 

Width wise, I'm on the wider side of normal I would say. I've never had issues with pinching before. How has everyone found the width fittings in these boots?

post #4398 of 7015

I'm going to UK end of this year for my PhD study in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I think it would be cheaper to get the boots in the UK rather than from the abroad due to the custom tax. I got one half size down but will get the next one TTS because feet then to swell after a long stand or walking. Plus with thick socks it feel a bit snug.

 

http://www.stuartslondon.com/wolverine-1000-mile-m117

post #4399 of 7015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
 

I'm going to UK end of this year for my PhD study in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I think it would be cheaper to get the boots in the UK rather than from the abroad due to the custom tax. I got one half size down but will get the next one TTS because feet then to swell after a long stand or walking. Plus with thick socks it feel a bit snug.

 

http://www.stuartslondon.com/wolverine-1000-mile-m117

 

They can't tax the shoes on your feet!

 

Disclaimers:

     This argument doesn't work as well for someone bringing more than one pair of shoes.

     Though the prices on the site you linked are reasonable, they're still about $45-90 above U.S. prices. That may or may not be more than VAT or customs fees.

post #4400 of 7015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post
 

I'm going to UK end of this year for my PhD study in Newcastle Upon Tyne. I think it would be cheaper to get the boots in the UK rather than from the abroad due to the custom tax. I got one half size down but will get the next one TTS because feet then to swell after a long stand or walking. Plus with thick socks it feel a bit snug.

 

http://www.stuartslondon.com/wolverine-1000-mile-m117

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle View Post
 

 

They can't tax the shoes on your feet!

 

Disclaimers:

     This argument doesn't work as well for someone bringing more than one pair of shoes.

     Though the prices on the site you linked are reasonable, they're still about $45-90 above U.S. prices. That may or may not be more than VAT or customs fees.

 

Thanks guys.

 

The Revolve website allows you to see the prices in British Pounds, and are inclusive of all taxes. Delivery is free. The big US clothing stores are starting to do this. I've bought from J Crew and the price at the checkout was the price I paid. No issues with local taxes. Nordstom will do it too on most items, but not shoes.

 

I stand to save around $90 getting them shipped over from the US (once Revolve get more stock!) There is just the issue of sizing! They will deliver for free, but I would have to pay for any returns so I need it to be right first time. Trouble is, I can't find these boots locally.

post #4401 of 7015

That's good to know. I ordered mine from revolve as well. I wish they have rust colour available as well as the Krause.

post #4402 of 7015

Got my 1000 mile's last week, they were very soft and comfortable when I got them, much more room widthwise than the IRs I tried out.  Been wearing them around the house for a few days, and no issues.  But I wore them for the first full day today, and the balls of my feet are killing me.  That doesn't seem like a usual break-in area.  I don't know if it's just the hard sole and I need to get used to it/get a cushioned insole, or if there's a sizing issue.  There's plenty of room in the toe box side to side, I can't reach the front of the boot with my big toe or 2nd toe, and my 3rd and 4th toes can just barely touch the front if I reach with them.  Anyway, hopefully this improves somehow.

Also I applied VSC then HDLP, glad to know they're protected now.  I have noticed my feet are sweating in them more now though.  Using crappy medium-thickness cotton socks isn't helping.

But the boots are beautiful, very happy with the purchase, just hoping I don't need to sell them and size up or something.

post #4403 of 7015
Full retail and free shipping. I'll do that "deal" all day long. Ever hear of a place called Crane's? That's where you get a decent deal each and every single day.
post #4404 of 7015

Hey, anyone have any experience buying from Haberdash online? I recently just ordered a pair of 1ks during their Black Friday sale and I have heard mixed reviews from this forum and from reddit as well. These are my first pair of expensive shoes. Can anyone ease my mind? haha. Thanks

post #4405 of 7015

What exactly are you worried about? They're the same boots no matter where you buy them. They might take longer to get to you since Haberdash got swamped during the sale, but you got a good deal. Most of the criticism I've seen has been about the website itself, not the service.

post #4406 of 7015

I really want a pair of these, but I have absolutely no clue which size and width I need.  Got measured as a size 8 wide on a brannock scale and tried a 8.5D because that was the only size Nordstrom had in stock.  There was about an inch of space between my toes and the tip of the boots, but foot wasn't moving forward due to the narrow width.

post #4407 of 7015
Damnit. Got a bunch of water stains on my tan Wolverines from lots of drinking last night.

Don't think these are coming out.
post #4408 of 7015
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

Damnit. Got a bunch of water stains on my tan Wolverines from lots of drinking last night.

Don't think these are coming out.

Do I need to chastise you over this? I specifically mentioned the hazards of a bar in my maintenance and waterproofing posts. Literally everything I have said about caring for your boots is borne out of experience and is not off the cuff malarkey.
post #4409 of 7015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Do I need to chastise you over this? I specifically mentioned the hazards of a bar in my maintenance and waterproofing posts. Literally everything I have said about caring for your boots is borne out of experience and is not off the cuff malarkey.

No. I know I know.
post #4410 of 7015
Quote:
Originally Posted by djblisk View Post

Damnit. Got a bunch of water stains on my tan Wolverines from lots of drinking last night.

Don't think these are coming out.

Wait, what did you do? You got water stains at the bar?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review