Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Wolverine 721LTD Shell Cordovan 1000 Mile Boot Review Last post on 2/7/14 at 4:34pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Addison Boot Last post on 12/6/13 at 5:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Viberg for Styleforummarket Order #2: Suggestions Last post on 2/28/14 at 12:30pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Styleforummarket - Viberg x Styleforum MTO orders - the inaugural edition Last post on 2/11/14 at 8:22pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Highly Desirable Shoe Trade Thread-11US Major Brands!! Last post on 8/28/13 at 11:59am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 289
Styleforum Top Picks
Made the mistake of using dish detergent and salt once; actually thought skinning my hands would've been more comfortable
My brown 1000 Mile boots after a year of daily abuse. I honestly can't say one bad thing about them — they fit great from day one, and have only gotten better with wear. I clean and condition them once every week or so with Bick 4, which makes for a nice ritual paired with a glass of bourbon.
If compliments were a form of currency, these boots would make you filthy rich. I can't go anywhere without someone wondering where I got them.
Life proofing your boots. I like that. It's got a nice ring to it but it really does describe the madness behind the method. What I really need to do is get some of these products talked about into the store and stocked. Then I can put together the Crane's Ultimate Life Proof Boot Care Kit. LOL! Hell I could even put together rural and urban variants! ROFLMAO!
Seriously....those would sell!
A kit with a brush, edge cleaner, some LP or oil.....what have you....
People buy it all anyway when they get their boots (as I am piecing together now) they might as well buy it from you in one place all at once.
Exactly. This has come up more than once already and really does make sense.
Honestly from what i've seen you need to be very careful with applying both the Leather Oil and LP at least on the tan. You should go very light on the application at first to see how it behaves also to avoid inconsistent darker spots. This is the styleforum after-all and I doubt people are spending this much money on boots strictly for utility so you probably want them looking good from the get go. Another poster warned me about this and I can confirm what he wrote below though I managed to avoid them thanks to him.
I haven't used the LP but I can confirm that SnoSeal darkens the Tans significantly. A bit too much in my case. I went too heavy on the snoseal (with hairdryer to soak in). I definitely wanted to darken them because they were far too light right out of the box but in retrospect I should have gone easier on the snoseal until I acheived the shade desired. My heavy handed method not only darkened them a little more than I would have liked but also made the color inconsistent. Some areas are darker than others, although now, after several months it is starting to even out a little bit.
Bottom line, with either LP or snoseal be PATIENT. You can always go a little darker but it is difficult, if not impossible, to go back lighter.
On the other hand, as Crane's says, eventually they will get darker no matter what you do so most likely all I did was hasten the process.
Anyway i'm very impressed with these boots. I'm grabbing a Black pair as well. Will post pics when they arrive.
I bought a pair of 1000 mile boots in rust color 6 months ago and I really like them. However I got a scratch to one of the boots and I tried to fix by applying some layers of shoe polish to the scratch. I later realized the color of the polish I applied was to dark. Don't ask me why but I later applied the same polish to the whole front part of the boot ending up with two boots of different colors. Yes, I'm with stupid.
Tried to fix it using leather soap and thus perhaps get rid of some of the dark polish. However I was not that succesful. Any suggestions on what to do?
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- › Full League - DRAFT: 10/29 @ 5pst ***The Official Alden x SF... 51 seconds ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 4 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 6 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AllSaints Cargo men's XS black leather jacket 8 minutes ago
- › Wings + Horns - - - Fall / Winter 2013 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw