Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 3:44 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 289
Styleforum Top Picks
Made the mistake of using dish detergent and salt once; actually thought skinning my hands would've been more comfortable
My brown 1000 Mile boots after a year of daily abuse. I honestly can't say one bad thing about them — they fit great from day one, and have only gotten better with wear. I clean and condition them once every week or so with Bick 4, which makes for a nice ritual paired with a glass of bourbon.
If compliments were a form of currency, these boots would make you filthy rich. I can't go anywhere without someone wondering where I got them.
Life proofing your boots. I like that. It's got a nice ring to it but it really does describe the madness behind the method. What I really need to do is get some of these products talked about into the store and stocked. Then I can put together the Crane's Ultimate Life Proof Boot Care Kit. LOL! Hell I could even put together rural and urban variants! ROFLMAO!
Seriously....those would sell!
A kit with a brush, edge cleaner, some LP or oil.....what have you....
People buy it all anyway when they get their boots (as I am piecing together now) they might as well buy it from you in one place all at once.
Exactly. This has come up more than once already and really does make sense.
Honestly from what i've seen you need to be very careful with applying both the Leather Oil and LP at least on the tan. You should go very light on the application at first to see how it behaves also to avoid inconsistent darker spots. This is the styleforum after-all and I doubt people are spending this much money on boots strictly for utility so you probably want them looking good from the get go. Another poster warned me about this and I can confirm what he wrote below though I managed to avoid them thanks to him.
I haven't used the LP but I can confirm that SnoSeal darkens the Tans significantly. A bit too much in my case. I went too heavy on the snoseal (with hairdryer to soak in). I definitely wanted to darken them because they were far too light right out of the box but in retrospect I should have gone easier on the snoseal until I acheived the shade desired. My heavy handed method not only darkened them a little more than I would have liked but also made the color inconsistent. Some areas are darker than others, although now, after several months it is starting to even out a little bit.
Bottom line, with either LP or snoseal be PATIENT. You can always go a little darker but it is difficult, if not impossible, to go back lighter.
On the other hand, as Crane's says, eventually they will get darker no matter what you do so most likely all I did was hasten the process.
Anyway i'm very impressed with these boots. I'm grabbing a Black pair as well. Will post pics when they arrive.
I bought a pair of 1000 mile boots in rust color 6 months ago and I really like them. However I got a scratch to one of the boots and I tried to fix by applying some layers of shoe polish to the scratch. I later realized the color of the polish I applied was to dark. Don't ask me why but I later applied the same polish to the whole front part of the boot ending up with two boots of different colors. Yes, I'm with stupid.
Tried to fix it using leather soap and thus perhaps get rid of some of the dark polish. However I was not that succesful. Any suggestions on what to do?
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 19 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 57 seconds ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE - ONE PIECE TWO WAYS - VOTING 2 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 3 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 11 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...