or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 267

post #3991 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by allday View Post

The main problem I have with the 8.5's when I walk and bend my foot the leather creases and digs into the top part of my toes whereas the 9's are so roomy it barely comes near hitting my feet, I have to try to wiggle my toes as much as I can just to hit the roof of the toe box. All in all the 8.5's fit me better if this problem will eventually stretch and go away and the 9's are just safe because they are really big, but I'm just concerned since pretty much 90% of everyone went 1/2 size down. Did you stay TTS or did you go half a size down?

No they don't fit better. They are too small and that's that. I did not size down. All my 1K boots are my measured size (TTS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post

Tight jeans cutting off blood supply .....

I think so. I'm loosing patience with this kind of sizing question crap.
post #3992 of 6930

Well if I do keep the bigger size what do you recommend I buy to prevent heel slippage?

post #3993 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by allday View Post

Well if I do keep the bigger size what do you recommend I buy to prevent heel slippage?

Tie the boots laces tighter?
post #3994 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by allday View Post

Well if I do keep the bigger size what do you recommend I buy to prevent heel slippage?

You can adjust using combinations of thicker/thinner socks and thicker/thinner (full-length or half-length) insoles, heel cups, etc, etc.
post #3995 of 6930
I will just say that what some people just can't recognize is that not all boots will have a size that properly fits you. Some people might be better served to realize that W1K's just might not work for them, period, rather than trying to figure out one that works. Not all shoe lasts are meant for all foot shapes (though I'd say that W1K lasts are more versatile than, say, Alden's TruBalance last, which doesn't fit me at any size or width).
post #3996 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by allday View Post

Well if I do keep the bigger size what do you recommend I buy to prevent heel slippage?

As I stated earlier slight heel slippage in a boot is normal. Others have suggested solutions to your "problem". If you think the problem with the toe box reinforcement digging into your toes doesn't convince you that the boot isn't the right size then nothing will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I will just say that what some people just can't recognize is that not all boots will have a size that properly fits you. Some people might be better served to realize that W1K's just might not work for them, period, rather than trying to figure out one that works. Not all shoe lasts are meant for all foot shapes (though I'd say that W1K lasts are more versatile than, say, Alden's TruBalance last, which doesn't fit me at any size or width).

I agree with this. The only boot or shoe that would fit perfectly would be one that is specifically made to your feet. I have one pair of boots that would qualify as such and those would be my custom fitted Limmer mountain climbing boots.
post #3997 of 6930

Hi Guys, 

 

I posted this a couple of months ago and never got a response, I thought I'd try again.

 

I received a pair of 1000 miles and wore them for a few days, and they were great. Around the 3rd day though they developed a really annoying lump right under the arch of my right foot, just before my heel, like my sock was bunching up. Took it too a cobbler and he said the leather seam was too large and should have been taken care of better. Sent them back to Wolverine and they sent me a new pair. Now, Ive had the new pair for 2 days, and the same problem! I can actually see where the seam makes a bulge in the leather. Has anyone else had this happen?

 

To my knowledge, I dont have weird feet or anything... 

post #3998 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin550 View Post

 

Hi Guys, 



 



I posted this a couple of months ago and never got a response, I thought I'd try again.



 



I received a pair of 1000 miles and wore them for a few days, and they were great. Around the 3rd day though they developed a really annoying lump right under the arch of my right foot, just before my heel, like my sock was bunching up. Took it too a cobbler and he said the leather seam was too large and should have been taken care of better. Sent them back to Wolverine and they sent me a new pair. Now, Ive had the new pair for 2 days, and the same problem! I can actually see where the seam makes a bulge in the leather. Has anyone else had this happen?



 



To my knowledge, I dont have weird feet or anything... 







I'd say try to break them in.  The sole is leather and will eventually form to your foot.  This problem was in two pairs of name brand work boots made in China.  Both pair had inner or outer sole problems, never took the time to figure it out because the soles are all man made materials.  Also have a two pair of walking shoes also made in China that have hot spots in the soles.   Looks like the gel layer in one pair is about 1 1/2" wide and can be felt under the ball of the foot.  From now on only American made shoes and boots for me.  Have about $450 wasted on those boots and shoes.  Trying to find someone that wants to try using them, one pair of boots might be taken.  Not sure yet. 

post #3999 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin550 View Post

Hi Guys, 

I posted this a couple of months ago and never got a response, I thought I'd try again.

I received a pair of 1000 miles and wore them for a few days, and they were great. Around the 3rd day though they developed a really annoying lump right under the arch of my right foot, just before my heel, like my sock was bunching up. Took it too a cobbler and he said the leather seam was too large and should have been taken care of better. Sent them back to Wolverine and they sent me a new pair. Now, Ive had the new pair for 2 days, and the same problem! I can actually see where the seam makes a bulge in the leather. Has anyone else had this happen?

To my knowledge, I dont have weird feet or anything... 

What model boot do you have?
post #4000 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


What model boot do you have?

The regular 1000 mile. In wide. Ive tried on every size possible, and these fit like a glove, so I know its not a fit thing. Just not sure if they'll break in past the point of this being really annoying. Just the right foot on both pairs, left feels great. 

 

Kohl 

post #4001 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamin550 View Post

The regular 1000 mile. In wide. Ive tried on every size possible, and these fit like a glove, so I know its not a fit thing. Just not sure if they'll break in past the point of this being really annoying. Just the right foot on both pairs, left feels great. 

Kohl 

Hmmm, it would be extremely odd that it would be a defect since the problem area is in the same exact spot on two sets of boots. This really could be a matter of breaking them in. What weight sock are you wearing?
post #4002 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post


Hmmm, it would be extremely odd that it would be a defect since the problem area is in the same exact spot on two sets of boots. This really could be a matter of breaking them in. What weight sock are you wearing?

I know, my thought too. With the last pair I tried every different weight I had, and then some. I kept thinking it was my sock bunching up so I tried everything, bigger, smaller, thicker, thinner. Right now just a medium weight smart wool. 

 

When I took the first pair to the cobbler, he said that the seam was unusually thick. He tried everything he could to reduce it, but no luck so I finally sent them back. 

post #4003 of 6930
Yeah this is an odd one. I can't remember what went on with the foot bed when I got my boots. I know it formed to my foot and all was good but that took some time. Since my little fiasco a few years ago where I wrecked the plantar fascia in my foot there have been thin gel insoles in my boots. Insoles are an option for you or you can go "naked" for a few weeks and see if this settles down. I would call Wolverine and let them know the same thing is happening but you want to wear them for a few weeks or a month to see if it's just a matter of the foot bed doing it's thing.
post #4004 of 6930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post

Yeah this is an odd one. I can't remember what went on with the foot bed when I got my boots. I know it formed to my foot and all was good but that took some time. Since my little fiasco a few years ago where I wrecked the plantar fascia in my foot there have been thin gel insoles in my boots. Insoles are an option for you or you can go "naked" for a few weeks and see if this settles down. I would call Wolverine and let them know the same thing is happening but you want to wear them for a few weeks or a month to see if it's just a matter of the foot bed doing it's thing.


Was thinking plantar fasiitis reading above.  Went through a bad spell of this type of injury last winter with some soft work boots.  Seems like solid inner and outer soles work the best. The softer the soles or the use of soft inner soles makes things worse in my case.  Been looking at the cork inner soles but the way the look lots of room in the shoe is necessary.  Walking about 3 miles a day, good shoes with good support are needed.  Not soft pillows tied to the feet.

post #4005 of 6930
Crane's:

Regarding the horween predator leather on the wolverine Austens. Would you protect them using the same method as the cxl?

I'm looking for a boot that will take the abuse of daily dog park and inclement weather through the winter, and still look good as a casual dressier boot. Anything better? I like the height for deeper snow and he half sole.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review