Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 11:38 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 1:04 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 265
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3962 of 738610/12/13 at 12:18ampost #3963 of 738610/12/13 at 7:20amQuote:
Honestly, with 721s, you might have to take what you can get at this point. They are super-rare, I don't see them coming up very often, if at all, and almost never in new condition.
That said, 12D would probably work fine, but 11.5 as well. I would jump on whatever you see between 11 and 12, really, and sell them if they don't work for you. I wear 9EEE-9.5EEE in most AE shoes, but find boots fit me a bit too big in wide sizes, since my foot always slides up against the toe when I go wide.
So 9D or 9.5D W1K's work best for me. I got 9D 721/744s and perhaps I'd have gone with a 9.5D if I could do it again, but they fit fine with thinner socks.post #3964 of 738610/12/13 at 8:51ampost #3965 of 738610/12/13 at 1:41pmpost #3966 of 738610/12/13 at 8:18pm
Hey so guys I broke something....
Long story short the plastic toebox "broke" on my shoe and the plastic is now poking my foot (a sharp plastic piece about as thick as packing plastic). (Dropped something very heavy on it...) (Also the leather is fine. Its just the plastic under it)
Now I want to try and remove the whole plastic piece from the shoe.... Has anyone encountered this or know if I can pry this piece loose without messing up the sole. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
(The plastic toebox hides behind an cloth liner which is now ripped on my shoe. I don't care about the liner... I just want to know if the plastic is attached to the sole and stitching.)
Edited by leetpuma - 10/12/13 at 8:29pmpost #3967 of 738610/12/13 at 9:09pmpost #3968 of 738610/12/13 at 9:36pm
Well I would like to keep my cost low. Plus I have an way to work around it for now... But If the dam toe cap is possible to remove that would by far be the best possible course that could happen. I was hoping someone here may have taken apart their shoes and may know.
Also thanks for your reply all/any help is appreciatedpost #3969 of 738610/13/13 at 10:46amQuote:
I asked about this earlier - http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/3885#post_6621937Quote:
Shoe trees should suffice.
Boot trees (not shapers) tend to be pretty much the same thing as shoe trees. Some boot trees have features for specific needs - pointed and curved toes for cowboy boot - but these are not necessary for the 1K boots.
Personally, I use trees in my better shoes, but don't bother with them for my boots. My boots all tend to be work boots rather than dress boots.Haven't had an issue yet,
Edited by milw50717 - 10/13/13 at 10:59ampost #3970 of 738610/13/13 at 10:51am
First time I have ever heard of this type of damage to a boot and I have to think that doing a proper repair from inside of the boot will not be an easy task. Simply ripping it out could leave some parts left inside, which could injure the foot.
Maybe drop Wolverine an email to enquire about the construction details.post #3971 of 738610/13/13 at 6:46pm
I ordered 2 pairs of Wolverine 1k Mile boots in size 9 and 8.5. I normally wear size 9.5 on vans and sneakers and I wear size 9 on other shoes such as chucks and Palladium Boots.
I was recommended Costco Kirkland Merino Wool Hiking Socks and so I bought them and they are very comfortable so I plan on wearing them with my boots. If I wear thinner socks with either size I feel they are uncomfortable.
That being said I have a problem with my Wolverine boots:
Size 9 seems to be slightly too long with slight heel slippage with a lot of toe room, enough to wiggle up and down without touching the top. My foot is still secure to the point where it's not slipping everywhere but I do notice the extra space.
Size 8.5 seems about right but the bottom of the tongue digs into the top of my toes and the sides seem to be a bit too snug and poke the corner of my feet to the point after 30 minutes of wear it feels like my feet need to breathe. There's just enough toe room but I can't wiggle freely as much I can with the size 9's.
So my question: Have any of you experienced this with these boots? Could I reasonably expect the snug areas to stretch out enough to be comfortable after a couple weeks of wear? Or should I keep the size 9's and be safe with the extra room and maybe buy something to insert inside?post #3972 of 738610/13/13 at 6:56pmpost #3973 of 738610/13/13 at 6:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by allday
So my question: Have any of you experienced this with these boots? Could I reasonably expect the snug areas to stretch out enough to be comfortable after a couple weeks of wear? Or should I keep the size 9's and be safe with the extra room and maybe buy something to insert inside?
Better slightly too large than too small. (Some) heel slippage and toe wiggle room is OK. You can adjust using socks and/or insoles, heel, cups, etc.
Edited by milw50717 - 10/14/13 at 12:42ampost #3974 of 738610/13/13 at 8:31pm
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › ***....Falcon Garments - Official Affiliate Thread....*** MTM/MTO... 2 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 2 minutes ago
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet EPLA 14oz Cone Mills Indigo Selvedge Jeans 6 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 12 minutes ago
- › New to Business Casual 12 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth