or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 256

post #3826 of 6763

I just realized I have 50' of camo paracord... TY Cranes for my new shoe laces.

 

I've still been too lazy to get to my cobbler, so I haven't worn the 1K's in awhile. :embar:

post #3827 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

I just realized I have 50' of camo paracord... TY Cranes for my new shoe laces.

I've still been too lazy to get to my cobbler, so I haven't worn the 1K's in awhile. shog%5B1%5D.gif

Hey, it's the duct tape of cord. Works great for boot laces and about a million other things.
post #3828 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post





I'm guessing you are right footed smile.gif

Shoe polish .. 'fraid my boots have not seen that for a while ....
post #3829 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by milw50717 View Post

I'm guessing you are right footed smile.gif

Shoe polish .. 'fraid my boots have not seen that for a while ....

Yes! Pray tell what gave it away? LOL!
post #3830 of 6763
I wore my Courtlands out for the first time today. They are breaking in very nicely; pretty much broken in out of the box. And very comfy too!

How do you handle skinny chicken legs and ankles like me where the lacing spaces up very close together at the top? smile.gif Almost touching. I wear medium weight socks. Can you visualize what I am talking about?
post #3831 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

I wore my Courtlands out for the first time today. They are breaking in very nicely; pretty much broken in out of the box. And very comfy too!

How do you handle skinny chicken legs and ankles like me where the lacing spaces up very close together at the top? smile.gif Almost touching. I wear medium weight socks. Can you visualize what I am talking about?

 

Like this? I'm wearing dress socks today, but I usually wear medium weight wool socks with the boots. I don't think much of it, they still fit and wear fine.

 

Since it's turning fall-like, decided to break out my 1Ks. I'm really glad I picked up the rust.

 

 

 

 

post #3832 of 6763

^^^ Rust is in my next order. Btw how red is Brown D. I'm obsessed with red or burgundy boots. Make me feel like Superman.

post #3833 of 6763
Yes, sort of. Mine almost touch at the top, at least you have some spacing. Once the boots really break in, I bet it will touch. Like you said, I don't think much of it, they still fit and wear fine. I guess it's the nature of the beast with skinny ankles smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesbeyond View Post

Like this? I'm wearing dress socks today, but I usually wear medium weight wool socks with the boots. I don't think much of it, they still fit and wear fine.

Since it's turning fall-like, decided to break out my 1Ks. I'm really glad I picked up the rust.









post #3834 of 6763
Looking to pick up my first pair of boots soon, just the thousand mile ones. I'm wondering whether I should go for rust or tan. I will wear these with jeans (N&F Skinny Guys). Also, if I normally wear a 10 and wont be wearing thick socks or using an insole what size should I get?
post #3835 of 6763
Quote:
Originally Posted by walds11 View Post

I wore my Courtlands out for the first time today. They are breaking in very nicely; pretty much broken in out of the box. And very comfy too!

How do you handle skinny chicken legs and ankles like me where the lacing spaces up very close together at the top? smile.gif Almost touching. I wear medium weight socks. Can you visualize what I am talking about?

 

I have chicken legs as well. I have mine laced closely and have some room. Still comfortable and fit well.

 

AppleMark

post #3836 of 6763
There is barely any room at the top, especially the right boot where it's just about touching. The boots are comfy and fit well, so I guess no worries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post

I have chicken legs as well. I have mine laced closely and have some room. Still comfortable and fit well.
post #3837 of 6763

Hey all.

 

I have 2 pair of 1k's in Brown (W05301), neither have been worn and both are still boxed up. 9D and 9.5EEE. Asking $275 each. I'm located in St Louis, MO and would be willing to drive up to an hour to meet, or happily ship them anywhere in the US!

 

Thanks,

Ryan

post #3838 of 6763

I'm very interested in the Wolverine 1K's but am concerned about getting the size right. I wear a 8D in the Danner Acadias for work. Does anyone know how that might translate to a pair of 1K's? I plan on wearing light to medium thick socks.

post #3839 of 6763

^ My Wolverines are a 1/2 size smaller than my Danners.

post #3840 of 6763

Het everybody, will this area here  (it's called the instep right?) loosen up with the 1000 miles boots?

With size 8.5 the instep feels snug, but still comfortable, but with size 8 it hurt just a little. Will this loosen up? If so, how much? Should I go for 8 or for 8.5?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review