Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/2/15 at 3:47pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 254
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3797 of 73599/10/13 at 6:12pmpost #3798 of 73599/10/13 at 6:16pmpost #3799 of 73599/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
www.therightlace.compost #3800 of 73599/10/13 at 7:01pmpost #3801 of 73599/10/13 at 7:09pmpost #3802 of 73599/10/13 at 7:10pmpost #3803 of 73599/10/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmart154
Anyone see these?
I kind of like those. There's something of a dissonance though since the material seems like it's more appropriate for spring/summer footwear and not for boots. I wonder how they'd handle the weather.post #3804 of 73599/10/13 at 9:18pm
Crane's, care to elaborate why you wouldn't use Saphir cream? My black boots in particular are slowly progressing to be like this guys, although nowhere near as bad yet.Quote:Originally Posted by vesper39
Sorry I haven't been able to read all the posts in this thread, but has anyone experienced this kind of issue with their boots? It seems like the coloring/leather on my shoe is rubbing off. Anyway to fix or remedy this? I've only had these boots for roughly 1 month.post #3805 of 73599/11/13 at 4:22amQuote:
I did and they send me that link. For the price I think its not that expensive considering the boots that we are going to put them into. I' buy a few pairs.
Another photo I took after work. Wipe clean with wet towel and brush.post #3806 of 73599/11/13 at 7:25amQuote:
Sure. Since you are going to LP these you'll probably find that a lot of your scuffs and so on are going to go away. Now if you still want to add some color you're going to have to wait a while until the LP settles down. By that I mean a few months not days. Attempting to use colored shoe wax on freshly oiled or snosealed/LPed leather tends to just be a waste of time. The color won't penetrate and shoe wax tends to do weird things like balling up.post #3807 of 73599/11/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
Sure. Since you are going to LP these you'll probably find that a lot of your scuffs and so on are going to go away. Now if you still want to add some color you're going to have to wait a while until the LP settles down. By that I mean a few months not days. Attempting to use colored shoe wax on freshly oiled or snosealed/LPed leather tends to just be a waste of time. The color won't penetrate and shoe wax tends to do weird things like balling up.
Ah ok, thanks for the feedback. They have been due for a new LP application for some time now, so hopefully that will take care of most of it.post #3808 of 73599/12/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
I've been happy with these laces...post #3809 of 73599/12/13 at 8:46pm
Sorry, but that logic is absolute rubbish. The price of a pair of shoe laces is not really proportionate to the cost of a pair of shoes.
I can buy Alden branded laces online for $5 where this website charges $18 for brand "X" laces? Alden and Redwing have both sent me free laces when needed. Hell, Alden sent me two pairs without asking.
When/if my 1000's need laces, I will not waste any time with Wolverine, and on principle alone will I pay rightlace.com those crazy ass prices.
Quote:post #3810 of 73599/13/13 at 3:43am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 15 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Our Legacy x Ebbets Field Flannels Fitted Cap in Mustard 7 1/4 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Santoni Shoe Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...