Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: Yesterday
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: Yesterday
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: Yesterday
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 254
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3797 of 74839/10/13 at 6:12pmpost #3798 of 74839/10/13 at 6:16pmpost #3799 of 74839/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
www.therightlace.compost #3800 of 74839/10/13 at 7:01pmpost #3801 of 74839/10/13 at 7:09pmpost #3802 of 74839/10/13 at 7:10pmpost #3803 of 74839/10/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmart154
Anyone see these?
I kind of like those. There's something of a dissonance though since the material seems like it's more appropriate for spring/summer footwear and not for boots. I wonder how they'd handle the weather.post #3804 of 74839/10/13 at 9:18pm
Crane's, care to elaborate why you wouldn't use Saphir cream? My black boots in particular are slowly progressing to be like this guys, although nowhere near as bad yet.Quote:Originally Posted by vesper39
Sorry I haven't been able to read all the posts in this thread, but has anyone experienced this kind of issue with their boots? It seems like the coloring/leather on my shoe is rubbing off. Anyway to fix or remedy this? I've only had these boots for roughly 1 month.post #3805 of 74839/11/13 at 4:22amQuote:
I did and they send me that link. For the price I think its not that expensive considering the boots that we are going to put them into. I' buy a few pairs.
Another photo I took after work. Wipe clean with wet towel and brush.post #3806 of 74839/11/13 at 7:25amQuote:
Sure. Since you are going to LP these you'll probably find that a lot of your scuffs and so on are going to go away. Now if you still want to add some color you're going to have to wait a while until the LP settles down. By that I mean a few months not days. Attempting to use colored shoe wax on freshly oiled or snosealed/LPed leather tends to just be a waste of time. The color won't penetrate and shoe wax tends to do weird things like balling up.post #3807 of 74839/11/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
Sure. Since you are going to LP these you'll probably find that a lot of your scuffs and so on are going to go away. Now if you still want to add some color you're going to have to wait a while until the LP settles down. By that I mean a few months not days. Attempting to use colored shoe wax on freshly oiled or snosealed/LPed leather tends to just be a waste of time. The color won't penetrate and shoe wax tends to do weird things like balling up.
Ah ok, thanks for the feedback. They have been due for a new LP application for some time now, so hopefully that will take care of most of it.post #3808 of 74839/12/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
I've been happy with these laces...post #3809 of 74839/12/13 at 8:46pm
Sorry, but that logic is absolute rubbish. The price of a pair of shoe laces is not really proportionate to the cost of a pair of shoes.
I can buy Alden branded laces online for $5 where this website charges $18 for brand "X" laces? Alden and Redwing have both sent me free laces when needed. Hell, Alden sent me two pairs without asking.
When/if my 1000's need laces, I will not waste any time with Wolverine, and on principle alone will I pay rightlace.com those crazy ass prices.
Quote:post #3810 of 74839/13/13 at 3:43am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Edward Green, Grenson and Hunter size 13 shoes 11 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 38 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 6 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1