Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 254post #3797 of 77209/10/13 at 6:12pmpost #3798 of 77209/10/13 at 6:16pmpost #3799 of 77209/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:
www.therightlace.compost #3800 of 77209/10/13 at 7:01pmpost #3801 of 77209/10/13 at 7:09pmpost #3802 of 77209/10/13 at 7:10pmpost #3803 of 77209/10/13 at 7:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by jmart154
Anyone see these?
I kind of like those. There's something of a dissonance though since the material seems like it's more appropriate for spring/summer footwear and not for boots. I wonder how they'd handle the weather.post #3804 of 77209/10/13 at 9:18pm
Crane's, care to elaborate why you wouldn't use Saphir cream? My black boots in particular are slowly progressing to be like this guys, although nowhere near as bad yet.Quote:Originally Posted by vesper39
Sorry I haven't been able to read all the posts in this thread, but has anyone experienced this kind of issue with their boots? It seems like the coloring/leather on my shoe is rubbing off. Anyway to fix or remedy this? I've only had these boots for roughly 1 month.post #3805 of 77209/11/13 at 4:22amQuote:
I did and they send me that link. For the price I think its not that expensive considering the boots that we are going to put them into. I' buy a few pairs.
Another photo I took after work. Wipe clean with wet towel and brush.post #3806 of 77209/11/13 at 7:25amQuote:
Sure. Since you are going to LP these you'll probably find that a lot of your scuffs and so on are going to go away. Now if you still want to add some color you're going to have to wait a while until the LP settles down. By that I mean a few months not days. Attempting to use colored shoe wax on freshly oiled or snosealed/LPed leather tends to just be a waste of time. The color won't penetrate and shoe wax tends to do weird things like balling up.post #3807 of 77209/11/13 at 12:57pmQuote:Originally Posted by Crane's
Sure. Since you are going to LP these you'll probably find that a lot of your scuffs and so on are going to go away. Now if you still want to add some color you're going to have to wait a while until the LP settles down. By that I mean a few months not days. Attempting to use colored shoe wax on freshly oiled or snosealed/LPed leather tends to just be a waste of time. The color won't penetrate and shoe wax tends to do weird things like balling up.
Ah ok, thanks for the feedback. They have been due for a new LP application for some time now, so hopefully that will take care of most of it.post #3808 of 77209/12/13 at 12:02pmQuote:
I've been happy with these laces...post #3809 of 77209/12/13 at 8:46pm
Sorry, but that logic is absolute rubbish. The price of a pair of shoe laces is not really proportionate to the cost of a pair of shoes.
I can buy Alden branded laces online for $5 where this website charges $18 for brand "X" laces? Alden and Redwing have both sent me free laces when needed. Hell, Alden sent me two pairs without asking.
When/if my 1000's need laces, I will not waste any time with Wolverine, and on principle alone will I pay rightlace.com those crazy ass prices.
Quote:post #3810 of 77209/13/13 at 3:43am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › NWT $2995 RLBL Charcoal Grey "Classic Melton" Chesterfield... 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Why Hillary will be the next POTUS 7 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 7 minutes ago
- › + DRIES VAN NOTEN + 10 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...