Mine had that too, and I returned them to Wolverine for a new pair. I've had my new pair for over a year, have worn them on the job every day through some brutal conditions, and the new heels have NOT split.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 253post #3782 of 77779/5/13 at 5:50ampost #3783 of 77779/5/13 at 6:09amQuote:Originally Posted by DeanC
Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster here...
I just bought my first pair of 1000 Mile Boots at Nordstrom week ago (and yes, this thread and you all share a good part of the credit/blame for that :-) ). They were perfectly comfortable right out of the box and I did have to drop a size from my AE Strands for fit. I'm very happy with them so far except I've noticed a defect I missed in the store and I'm not sure if I should return them because of it or not. Can I get an opinion or two?
Thanks and nice to meet you all.
Actually, I'm not sure what exactly in the picture is the defect. Perhaps you're talking about where the welt ends (what looks like a fraying piece of leather? That's standard on all welted shoes, it's just a strip of leather that goes around the bottom of the boot and it has to end somewhere. The stitching also is a bit spread out, maybe that's what you're talking about? But not a big deal, who is going to notice that.post #3784 of 77779/5/13 at 12:28pmpost #3785 of 77779/6/13 at 4:33ampost #3786 of 77779/6/13 at 6:27ami think its a illusion because the part where the toes bend has creased so much and the boot is also curling up. looks the same as my wolverine 1000 i used to have. you have to remember we are on a forum where most users try to not crease their shoes/boots as much as possible so they won't reach this kind of break-inpost #3787 of 77779/6/13 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by wdahab
Actually, I'm not sure what exactly in the picture is the defect. Perhaps you're talking about where the welt ends (what looks like a fraying piece of leather? That's standard on all welted shoes, it's just a strip of leather that goes around the bottom of the boot and it has to end somewhere. The stitching also is a bit spread out, maybe that's what you're talking about? But not a big deal, who is going to notice that.
Yes, that's exactly it, the frayed leather. The other boot is perfectly smooth there, like it's one single piece of leather.post #3788 of 77779/6/13 at 3:32pm
Just got my rust pair today and I love them. Now I have to ask, before I start wearing these things, how do I protect them from getting tinted blue by denim fading onto them? Just got a new pair of Skinny Guys too, and I'd like to prevent my boots from getting all dyed up the way my wallet/current shoes/literally everything else have.post #3789 of 77779/6/13 at 6:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by zrnk
Just got my rust pair today and I love them. Now I have to ask, before I start wearing these things, how do I protect them from getting tinted blue by denim fading onto them? Just got a new pair of Skinny Guys too, and I'd like to prevent my boots from getting all dyed up the way my wallet/current shoes/literally everything else have.
Cuff them, should cut down on the dye loss.post #3790 of 77779/7/13 at 4:56pmQuote:
Thanks, I'm pleased with the color. I was on the fence between tan and rust but no regrets about the tans.
No show trees here but I've never done any real smashing to the toes. I wear them out drinking and for park walks. Think its a combo of them being a 13 and the anglepost #3791 of 77779/8/13 at 8:51pm
So I'm curious as to how they're supposed to fit. I usually wear a 7E in AE so I grabbed a pair of these in 7E as well. Putting them in they're pretty tight/snug to the point where part of my foot looks like its bulging out of the side a little and I'm curious as to whether I should wear them and let them stretch out or grab a bigger pair. I tried on 7.5D and the ball of my foot sits a little far back (I'm fairly inexperienced as to where the ball of my foot should sit in a boot) and when I step with 7.5s they feel pretty roomy in the front and have a huge crease as I step.post #3792 of 77779/9/13 at 8:05pm
Once I complete a reapplication of Obenauf's LP on my boots, I've been thinking about using Saphir Cream Polish to clean up the dings and abrasions. Maybe mahogany for the rust pair and black for black, obviously. There are some areas where I've worn away the top layer of leather down to the duller brown part of the rust boots, and darkish brown color on the black boots.
Any reason not to use Saphir Cream on them?post #3793 of 77779/10/13 at 3:58pmpost #3794 of 77779/10/13 at 4:36pmpost #3795 of 77779/10/13 at 4:57pm
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 7 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Navy Cesare Attolini suit in size 52R. Wool/cashmere blend 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 15 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 22 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 28 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 30 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway