or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 253

post #3781 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by g0d5hand View Post



So I have worn these 1ks for about 10 to 15 times now and I noticed today on both that the is a split by the heel.it flexes as I move my foot. Is this anything to worry about?

Mine had that too, and I returned them to Wolverine for a new pair.  I've had my new pair for over a year, have worn them on the job every day through some brutal conditions, and the new heels have NOT split.

post #3782 of 6257
It's not an issue. All of my boots had this to some degree and everyone knows what kind of crap I put my boots through. To date nothing has come of it.
post #3783 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanC View Post

Hello all.  Long time reader, first time poster here...

I just bought my first pair of 1000 Mile Boots at Nordstrom week ago (and yes, this thread and you all share a good part of the credit/blame for that :-) ).  They were perfectly comfortable right out of the box and I did have to drop a size from my AE Strands for fit.  I'm very happy with them so far except I've noticed a defect I missed in the store and I'm not sure if I should return them because of it or not.  Can I get an opinion or two?

Thanks and nice to meet you all.

Actually, I'm not sure what exactly in the picture is the defect. Perhaps you're talking about where the welt ends (what looks like a fraying piece of leather? That's standard on all welted shoes, it's just a strip of leather that goes around the bottom of the boot and it has to end somewhere. The stitching also is a bit spread out, maybe that's what you're talking about? But not a big deal, who is going to notice that.
post #3784 of 6257

 

 

The 2nd and 5th pictures are Before/After with the edge sealer.

Over a month since these have been oiled or treated. I just wipe them with a wet microfiber cloth and brush them 

post #3785 of 6257
^^^Did you smash the toe box on those? Maybe it's just an illusion from the angle, but the toe area looks flatter.

Nice color they transitioned into. But no shoe trees?
post #3786 of 6257
i think its a illusion because the part where the toes bend has creased so much and the boot is also curling up. looks the same as my wolverine 1000 i used to have. you have to remember we are on a forum where most users try to not crease their shoes/boots as much as possible so they won't reach this kind of break-in stirpot.gifstirpot.gif
post #3787 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post


Actually, I'm not sure what exactly in the picture is the defect. Perhaps you're talking about where the welt ends (what looks like a fraying piece of leather? That's standard on all welted shoes, it's just a strip of leather that goes around the bottom of the boot and it has to end somewhere. The stitching also is a bit spread out, maybe that's what you're talking about? But not a big deal, who is going to notice that.

 

Yes, that's exactly it, the frayed leather.  The other boot is perfectly smooth there, like it's one single piece of leather.

post #3788 of 6257

Just got my rust pair today and I love them. Now I have to ask, before I start wearing these things, how do I protect them from getting tinted blue by denim fading onto them? Just got a new pair of Skinny Guys too, and I'd like to prevent my boots from getting all dyed up the way my wallet/current shoes/literally everything else have.

post #3789 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrnk View Post
 

Just got my rust pair today and I love them. Now I have to ask, before I start wearing these things, how do I protect them from getting tinted blue by denim fading onto them? Just got a new pair of Skinny Guys too, and I'd like to prevent my boots from getting all dyed up the way my wallet/current shoes/literally everything else have.

 

Cuff them, should cut down on the dye loss.

post #3790 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbourne View Post

^^^Did you smash the toe box on those? Maybe it's just an illusion from the angle, but the toe area looks flatter

Nice color they transitioned into. But no shoe trees?

Thanks, I'm pleased with the color. I was on the fence between tan and rust but no regrets about the tans.
No show trees here but I've never done any real smashing to the toes. I wear them out drinking and for park walks. Think its a combo of them being a 13 and the angle
post #3791 of 6257

So I'm curious as to how they're supposed to fit. I usually wear a 7E in AE so I grabbed a pair of these in 7E as well. Putting them in they're pretty tight/snug to the point where part of my foot looks like its bulging out of the side a little and I'm curious as to whether I should wear them and let them stretch out or grab a bigger pair. I tried on 7.5D and the ball of my foot sits a little far back (I'm fairly inexperienced as to where the ball of my foot should sit in a boot) and when I step with 7.5s they feel pretty roomy in the front and have a huge crease as I step.

post #3792 of 6257

Once I complete a reapplication of Obenauf's LP on my boots, I've been thinking about using Saphir Cream Polish to clean up the dings and abrasions. Maybe mahogany for the rust pair and black for black, obviously. There are some areas where I've worn away the top layer of leather down to the duller brown part of the rust boots, and darkish brown color on the black boots.

 

Any reason not to use Saphir Cream on them?

post #3793 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post


Any reason not to use Saphir Cream on them?

Yes.
post #3794 of 6257
I scuffed my cordovan 8 at the front slighty. What colour polish do i use to hide this? Ox blood okay?
post #3795 of 6257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr M View Post

I scuffed my cordovan 8 at the front slighty. What colour polish do i use to hide this? Ox blood okay?

Yes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review