Trying to decide between my first pair of these, I can't decide if I want standard brown, rust or cordovan. Somebody want to sway me in any direction?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 3:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 252
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3767 of 73358/31/13 at 1:47pmpost #3768 of 73358/31/13 at 1:52pmpost #3769 of 73358/31/13 at 2:49pmpost #3770 of 73359/1/13 at 3:10pmpost #3771 of 73359/3/13 at 9:07am
I've decided to sell my boots since they are slightly too big and I can't get used to it. They went through 2 winters in the Czech Republic (tough ones), and are still in very good condition/shape.
Only the sole is to be replaced. Being in the CZ I would preferably sell them to someone living within the UE.
Please let me know or send me a private message if you are interested. Size is a 9,5.post #3772 of 73359/3/13 at 11:59ampost #3773 of 73359/3/13 at 12:09pmpost #3774 of 73359/3/13 at 3:30pmpost #3775 of 73359/3/13 at 4:18pmpost #3776 of 73359/4/13 at 10:19am
Anyone have any good advice for cleaning and general maintenance of brown 1k's? Cleaned my boots the other day and then applied a coat of Red Wing Shoe Cream (Neutral) and wiped off the excess and buffed with a horse hair brush. Walking around today, the first wear since the cleaning and where the boot creases there is a pastie white film. Did I just not buff the shoe enough after cleaning our is this not a good product for conditioning these boots? Live in Canada and haven't found a retailer for Venetian shoe cream yet, but want to condition my boots.post #3777 of 73359/4/13 at 11:50amQuote:Originally Posted by g0d5hand
Anyone have any good advice for cleaning and general maintenance of brown 1k's? Cleaned my boots the other day and then applied a coat of Red Wing Shoe Cream (Neutral) and wiped off the excess and buffed with a horse hair brush. Walking around today, the first wear since the cleaning and where the boot creases there is a pastie white film. Did I just not buff the shoe enough after cleaning our is this not a good product for conditioning these boots? Live in Canada and haven't found a retailer for Venetian shoe cream yet, but want to condition my boots.
Montana Pitch Blend (using the hair dryer method) worked well for my brown 1K's...post #3778 of 73359/4/13 at 6:08pm
I did similar thing the night before yesterday before going to sleep. Apparently I did not wait for the wax to fully dry so it form the white pasties the following day. Just buff it off with some brush or cloth. I applied Chamberlain's Leather milk No. 3 for deep conditioning and waterproofing. And then applied Kiwi neutral colour carnauba wax for the shine which left the white pasties the next day. I just buff it off with a horsehair brush.post #3779 of 73359/4/13 at 8:10pm
Hello all. Long time reader, first time poster here...
I just bought my first pair of 1000 Mile Boots at Nordstrom week ago (and yes, this thread and you all share a good part of the credit/blame for that :-) ). They were perfectly comfortable right out of the box and I did have to drop a size from my AE Strands for fit. I'm very happy with them so far except I've noticed a defect I missed in the store and I'm not sure if I should return them because of it or not. Can I get an opinion or two?
Thanks and nice to meet you all.post #3780 of 73359/4/13 at 8:16pm
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 second ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 seconds ago
- › plain biscuits suck. 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Pay to vote... 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...