Also, it looks worse in the picture than in real life, toe box on wolverine is really soft.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:21 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 249post #3722 of 77938/22/13 at 5:05pmpost #3723 of 77938/22/13 at 5:06pmpost #3724 of 77938/22/13 at 5:40pmpost #3725 of 77938/23/13 at 8:02ampost #3726 of 77938/23/13 at 10:27ampost #3727 of 77938/25/13 at 2:04pmMy girlfriend and I both bought 1000 miles from Sierra trading and overall we lucked out. There are slight inconsistencies in the leather that would blend in after a few days of wear and the girlfriend's boots are pretty much flawless besides for the shoelaces being two different lengths which is an easy fix. $130 win!post #3728 of 77938/25/13 at 5:28pm
I just want to share my experience with my Wolverine 1000 mile. I got mine in cordovan 8 colour which is a great colour for me. I got mine in size 8.5 us which is half inch size down from my normal dress shoe size 9 us. The stitching is well insulated in the recess under the sole which give me a peace of mind. Straight from the box, the boots are comfortable and conform to my feet.
Regarding the size down, it will fit thin socks nicely but a thick sock will fit the feet snugly but still comfortable to wear. I am wearing it to office everyday and they look well with office dress. I have one question though. Do I have to size down on their Watson 1000 mile Oxford shoes from my normal dress shoes?
Thanks for the good reviews which help me decide the sizing for the boots.post #3729 of 77938/26/13 at 12:03ampost #3730 of 77938/26/13 at 1:11ampost #3731 of 77938/26/13 at 1:32ampost #3732 of 77938/26/13 at 1:34ampost #3733 of 77938/26/13 at 1:54ampost #3734 of 77938/26/13 at 1:55ampost #3735 of 77938/26/13 at 5:42pmDoes anyone have any experience with the Montague chelsea boot? I wear a 10 in the 1000 Mile boots, 10 in Clarks DB, 10 in Alden barrie last, 11 in Nike and 10.5 in everything else.
Also, my 1000 Mile boots are going on four years of wear (including 3 Canadian winters) and are only now going to go in for a re-sole after the Vibram topy started separating at the toe and my feet started getting wet last winter. I'm curious to see how the leather sole held up (although I suspect there will be some hidden damage). I'm taking them to a well-reviewed yet unfamiliar local cobbler - wish me luck. I might toss up some of my "well-worn" pics.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Question about Yoox sizing 5 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 10 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 20 minutes ago
- › What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want? 25 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 39 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 41 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 49 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 50 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...