Also, it looks worse in the picture than in real life, toe box on wolverine is really soft.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: Yesterday
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 249
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3722 of 74838/22/13 at 5:05pmpost #3723 of 74838/22/13 at 5:06pmpost #3724 of 74838/22/13 at 5:40pmpost #3725 of 74838/23/13 at 8:02ampost #3726 of 74838/23/13 at 10:27ampost #3727 of 74838/25/13 at 2:04pmMy girlfriend and I both bought 1000 miles from Sierra trading and overall we lucked out. There are slight inconsistencies in the leather that would blend in after a few days of wear and the girlfriend's boots are pretty much flawless besides for the shoelaces being two different lengths which is an easy fix. $130 win!post #3728 of 74838/25/13 at 5:28pm
I just want to share my experience with my Wolverine 1000 mile. I got mine in cordovan 8 colour which is a great colour for me. I got mine in size 8.5 us which is half inch size down from my normal dress shoe size 9 us. The stitching is well insulated in the recess under the sole which give me a peace of mind. Straight from the box, the boots are comfortable and conform to my feet.
Regarding the size down, it will fit thin socks nicely but a thick sock will fit the feet snugly but still comfortable to wear. I am wearing it to office everyday and they look well with office dress. I have one question though. Do I have to size down on their Watson 1000 mile Oxford shoes from my normal dress shoes?
Thanks for the good reviews which help me decide the sizing for the boots.post #3729 of 74838/26/13 at 12:03ampost #3730 of 74838/26/13 at 1:11ampost #3731 of 74838/26/13 at 1:32ampost #3732 of 74838/26/13 at 1:34ampost #3733 of 74838/26/13 at 1:54ampost #3734 of 74838/26/13 at 1:55ampost #3735 of 74838/26/13 at 5:42pmDoes anyone have any experience with the Montague chelsea boot? I wear a 10 in the 1000 Mile boots, 10 in Clarks DB, 10 in Alden barrie last, 11 in Nike and 10.5 in everything else.
Also, my 1000 Mile boots are going on four years of wear (including 3 Canadian winters) and are only now going to go in for a re-sole after the Vibram topy started separating at the toe and my feet started getting wet last winter. I'm curious to see how the leather sole held up (although I suspect there will be some hidden damage). I'm taking them to a well-reviewed yet unfamiliar local cobbler - wish me luck. I might toss up some of my "well-worn" pics.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 5 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?