Also, it looks worse in the picture than in real life, toe box on wolverine is really soft.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 7/30/15 at 4:51pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 12:39 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 249
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3722 of 73578/22/13 at 5:05pmpost #3723 of 73578/22/13 at 5:06pmpost #3724 of 73578/22/13 at 5:40pmpost #3725 of 73578/23/13 at 8:02ampost #3726 of 73578/23/13 at 10:27ampost #3727 of 73578/25/13 at 2:04pmMy girlfriend and I both bought 1000 miles from Sierra trading and overall we lucked out. There are slight inconsistencies in the leather that would blend in after a few days of wear and the girlfriend's boots are pretty much flawless besides for the shoelaces being two different lengths which is an easy fix. $130 win!post #3728 of 73578/25/13 at 5:28pm
I just want to share my experience with my Wolverine 1000 mile. I got mine in cordovan 8 colour which is a great colour for me. I got mine in size 8.5 us which is half inch size down from my normal dress shoe size 9 us. The stitching is well insulated in the recess under the sole which give me a peace of mind. Straight from the box, the boots are comfortable and conform to my feet.
Regarding the size down, it will fit thin socks nicely but a thick sock will fit the feet snugly but still comfortable to wear. I am wearing it to office everyday and they look well with office dress. I have one question though. Do I have to size down on their Watson 1000 mile Oxford shoes from my normal dress shoes?
Thanks for the good reviews which help me decide the sizing for the boots.post #3729 of 73578/26/13 at 12:03ampost #3730 of 73578/26/13 at 1:11ampost #3731 of 73578/26/13 at 1:32ampost #3732 of 73578/26/13 at 1:34ampost #3733 of 73578/26/13 at 1:54ampost #3734 of 73578/26/13 at 1:55ampost #3735 of 73578/26/13 at 5:42pmDoes anyone have any experience with the Montague chelsea boot? I wear a 10 in the 1000 Mile boots, 10 in Clarks DB, 10 in Alden barrie last, 11 in Nike and 10.5 in everything else.
Also, my 1000 Mile boots are going on four years of wear (including 3 Canadian winters) and are only now going to go in for a re-sole after the Vibram topy started separating at the toe and my feet started getting wet last winter. I'm curious to see how the leather sole held up (although I suspect there will be some hidden damage). I'm taking them to a well-reviewed yet unfamiliar local cobbler - wish me luck. I might toss up some of my "well-worn" pics.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Bespoke/MTM Premium T Shirt 6 seconds ago
- › The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread 1 minute ago
- › leonard logsdail bespoke 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › Nick's Boots 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...