Also, it looks worse in the picture than in real life, toe box on wolverine is really soft.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 8:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 249post #3722 of 77208/22/13 at 5:05pmpost #3723 of 77208/22/13 at 5:06pmpost #3724 of 77208/22/13 at 5:40pmpost #3725 of 77208/23/13 at 8:02ampost #3726 of 77208/23/13 at 10:27ampost #3727 of 77208/25/13 at 2:04pmMy girlfriend and I both bought 1000 miles from Sierra trading and overall we lucked out. There are slight inconsistencies in the leather that would blend in after a few days of wear and the girlfriend's boots are pretty much flawless besides for the shoelaces being two different lengths which is an easy fix. $130 win!post #3728 of 77208/25/13 at 5:28pm
I just want to share my experience with my Wolverine 1000 mile. I got mine in cordovan 8 colour which is a great colour for me. I got mine in size 8.5 us which is half inch size down from my normal dress shoe size 9 us. The stitching is well insulated in the recess under the sole which give me a peace of mind. Straight from the box, the boots are comfortable and conform to my feet.
Regarding the size down, it will fit thin socks nicely but a thick sock will fit the feet snugly but still comfortable to wear. I am wearing it to office everyday and they look well with office dress. I have one question though. Do I have to size down on their Watson 1000 mile Oxford shoes from my normal dress shoes?
Thanks for the good reviews which help me decide the sizing for the boots.post #3729 of 77208/26/13 at 12:03ampost #3730 of 77208/26/13 at 1:11ampost #3731 of 77208/26/13 at 1:32ampost #3732 of 77208/26/13 at 1:34ampost #3733 of 77208/26/13 at 1:54ampost #3734 of 77208/26/13 at 1:55ampost #3735 of 77208/26/13 at 5:42pmDoes anyone have any experience with the Montague chelsea boot? I wear a 10 in the 1000 Mile boots, 10 in Clarks DB, 10 in Alden barrie last, 11 in Nike and 10.5 in everything else.
Also, my 1000 Mile boots are going on four years of wear (including 3 Canadian winters) and are only now going to go in for a re-sole after the Vibram topy started separating at the toe and my feet started getting wet last winter. I'm curious to see how the leather sole held up (although I suspect there will be some hidden damage). I'm taking them to a well-reviewed yet unfamiliar local cobbler - wish me luck. I might toss up some of my "well-worn" pics.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 10 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 21 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...