For the exact reasons that MarioImpemba mentioned. It doesn't seem comparable to shell and it looks just as nice as CXL on the regular plain toe boot. It's just different....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/22/16 at 7:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 248post #3706 of 76738/21/13 at 1:38pmpost #3707 of 76738/21/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
Thanks, but I already found that out. They don't have my size, but I did add myself to their 're-stock' mailing list.
Thanks anyway mate :)post #3708 of 76738/21/13 at 3:11pmI cant decide for myself what size to keep. 8.5D in black, 9D - brown.
8.5D fits ok with a dress sock, snug with wool and kind of tight w insole. I can use a bit more width, but not critical, although I see a toe popping from the side lol. I like the slimmer look on it, but I do not like that it creases diagonally. There is maybe 1/2 inch space in the toe box, so the length is fine.
9D fits a little loose with dress socks, some heel slippage, better w wool and insole. There is like almost 1 inch free space in the toe box? I am not sure that I like the wider look on it, but i do like that creasing is more proportional?
what do you think guys? Should I try 8.5eee? Or stick with one of the sizes that I have already? Thankspost #3709 of 76738/21/13 at 8:06pmpost #3710 of 76738/21/13 at 8:55pm
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.post #3711 of 76738/21/13 at 11:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by chimaki
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.
however, my paypal email and my purchase email are the same
I've emailed them 2 times but didn't receive any respond yetpost #3712 of 76738/21/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
This has been a problem with repertoire sales in the past. Seems like they get overwhelmed with purchases. There have been past posts on Reddit about this. Not a good reason for them to ignore emails and not pick up the phone, but it seems like people ultimately get what they ordered, just after a long wait.post #3713 of 76738/22/13 at 4:02ampost #3714 of 76738/22/13 at 5:52ampost #3715 of 76738/22/13 at 6:32ampost #3716 of 76738/22/13 at 6:48ampost #3717 of 76738/22/13 at 7:18ampost #3718 of 76738/22/13 at 1:47pmLet me join the public stone throwing. That is not really a good way to treat a boot when determining amount of free space in the toe area. Simply wiggling your toes, raising your big toe and pressing down gently with your thumb should be sufficient. The 1K boots do have a fairly solid toe box and it must have taken some force to press them in like that.
As for sizing, I would always go with slightly too large than slightly too small as your feet will expand if your are on them all day.post #3719 of 76738/22/13 at 2:16pmpost #3720 of 76738/22/13 at 2:25pmQuote:
I hope that they did. I'd hate to see another post in a few weeks with someone complaining about one boot with a crushed toe box and the other OK.
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 2 seconds ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › OAMC - Over All Master Cloth - Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 10 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding