For the exact reasons that MarioImpemba mentioned. It doesn't seem comparable to shell and it looks just as nice as CXL on the regular plain toe boot. It's just different....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Yesterday at 4:51 pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 248post #3706 of 73498/21/13 at 1:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3707 of 73498/21/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
Thanks, but I already found that out. They don't have my size, but I did add myself to their 're-stock' mailing list.
Thanks anyway mate :)post #3708 of 73498/21/13 at 3:11pmI cant decide for myself what size to keep. 8.5D in black, 9D - brown.
8.5D fits ok with a dress sock, snug with wool and kind of tight w insole. I can use a bit more width, but not critical, although I see a toe popping from the side lol. I like the slimmer look on it, but I do not like that it creases diagonally. There is maybe 1/2 inch space in the toe box, so the length is fine.
9D fits a little loose with dress socks, some heel slippage, better w wool and insole. There is like almost 1 inch free space in the toe box? I am not sure that I like the wider look on it, but i do like that creasing is more proportional?
what do you think guys? Should I try 8.5eee? Or stick with one of the sizes that I have already? Thankspost #3709 of 73498/21/13 at 8:06pmpost #3710 of 73498/21/13 at 8:55pm
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.post #3711 of 73498/21/13 at 11:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by chimaki
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.
however, my paypal email and my purchase email are the same
I've emailed them 2 times but didn't receive any respond yetpost #3712 of 73498/21/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
This has been a problem with repertoire sales in the past. Seems like they get overwhelmed with purchases. There have been past posts on Reddit about this. Not a good reason for them to ignore emails and not pick up the phone, but it seems like people ultimately get what they ordered, just after a long wait.post #3713 of 73498/22/13 at 4:02ampost #3714 of 73498/22/13 at 5:52ampost #3715 of 73498/22/13 at 6:32ampost #3716 of 73498/22/13 at 6:48ampost #3717 of 73498/22/13 at 7:18ampost #3718 of 73498/22/13 at 1:47pmLet me join the public stone throwing. That is not really a good way to treat a boot when determining amount of free space in the toe area. Simply wiggling your toes, raising your big toe and pressing down gently with your thumb should be sufficient. The 1K boots do have a fairly solid toe box and it must have taken some force to press them in like that.
As for sizing, I would always go with slightly too large than slightly too small as your feet will expand if your are on them all day.post #3719 of 73498/22/13 at 2:16pmpost #3720 of 73498/22/13 at 2:25pmQuote:
I hope that they did. I'd hate to see another post in a few weeks with someone complaining about one boot with a crushed toe box and the other OK.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 49 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Denimbruin 2015 San Francisco/Oakland July 31-August 2nd 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...