For the exact reasons that MarioImpemba mentioned. It doesn't seem comparable to shell and it looks just as nice as CXL on the regular plain toe boot. It's just different....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on Today at 7:39 am in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 8/25/15 at 2:48pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 248post #3706 of 73758/21/13 at 1:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3707 of 73758/21/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
Thanks, but I already found that out. They don't have my size, but I did add myself to their 're-stock' mailing list.
Thanks anyway mate :)post #3708 of 73758/21/13 at 3:11pmI cant decide for myself what size to keep. 8.5D in black, 9D - brown.
8.5D fits ok with a dress sock, snug with wool and kind of tight w insole. I can use a bit more width, but not critical, although I see a toe popping from the side lol. I like the slimmer look on it, but I do not like that it creases diagonally. There is maybe 1/2 inch space in the toe box, so the length is fine.
9D fits a little loose with dress socks, some heel slippage, better w wool and insole. There is like almost 1 inch free space in the toe box? I am not sure that I like the wider look on it, but i do like that creasing is more proportional?
what do you think guys? Should I try 8.5eee? Or stick with one of the sizes that I have already? Thankspost #3709 of 73758/21/13 at 8:06pmpost #3710 of 73758/21/13 at 8:55pm
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.post #3711 of 73758/21/13 at 11:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by chimaki
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.
however, my paypal email and my purchase email are the same
I've emailed them 2 times but didn't receive any respond yetpost #3712 of 73758/21/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
This has been a problem with repertoire sales in the past. Seems like they get overwhelmed with purchases. There have been past posts on Reddit about this. Not a good reason for them to ignore emails and not pick up the phone, but it seems like people ultimately get what they ordered, just after a long wait.post #3713 of 73758/22/13 at 4:02ampost #3714 of 73758/22/13 at 5:52ampost #3715 of 73758/22/13 at 6:32ampost #3716 of 73758/22/13 at 6:48ampost #3717 of 73758/22/13 at 7:18ampost #3718 of 73758/22/13 at 1:47pmLet me join the public stone throwing. That is not really a good way to treat a boot when determining amount of free space in the toe area. Simply wiggling your toes, raising your big toe and pressing down gently with your thumb should be sufficient. The 1K boots do have a fairly solid toe box and it must have taken some force to press them in like that.
As for sizing, I would always go with slightly too large than slightly too small as your feet will expand if your are on them all day.post #3719 of 73758/22/13 at 2:16pmpost #3720 of 73758/22/13 at 2:25pmQuote:
I hope that they did. I'd hate to see another post in a few weeks with someone complaining about one boot with a crushed toe box and the other OK.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Belstaff Fairfield Cafe Racer - Large 25 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 46 seconds ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › Shirt printing 4 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 5 minutes ago
- › spanish shoe brands 7 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015