For the exact reasons that MarioImpemba mentioned. It doesn't seem comparable to shell and it looks just as nice as CXL on the regular plain toe boot. It's just different....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: Yesterday
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: Yesterday
- Using a suede protector spray on regular calfskin shoes (and why...Last edited: 2/9/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 248post #3706 of 74838/21/13 at 1:38pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3707 of 74838/21/13 at 2:06pmQuote:
Thanks, but I already found that out. They don't have my size, but I did add myself to their 're-stock' mailing list.
Thanks anyway mate :)post #3708 of 74838/21/13 at 3:11pmI cant decide for myself what size to keep. 8.5D in black, 9D - brown.
8.5D fits ok with a dress sock, snug with wool and kind of tight w insole. I can use a bit more width, but not critical, although I see a toe popping from the side lol. I like the slimmer look on it, but I do not like that it creases diagonally. There is maybe 1/2 inch space in the toe box, so the length is fine.
9D fits a little loose with dress socks, some heel slippage, better w wool and insole. There is like almost 1 inch free space in the toe box? I am not sure that I like the wider look on it, but i do like that creasing is more proportional?
what do you think guys? Should I try 8.5eee? Or stick with one of the sizes that I have already? Thankspost #3709 of 74838/21/13 at 8:06pmpost #3710 of 74838/21/13 at 8:55pm
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.post #3711 of 74838/21/13 at 11:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by chimaki
Has anyone else had issues with an order from Repertoire(shoerepertoire.com) during that last sale? I bought a pair of the Cordovan original 1k boot via paypal, payment went through immediately, and I'm stuck in processing on day 12. Emailed 2x for an update and called with no answer once, I guess I try again tomorrow. The only thing I can think of is my primary email on paypal is different from my purchase email, by one letter, and that effed up the automated process. But that also means they're sitting on a paypal payment that has my order ID and purchase details right on it and doing nothing currently.
however, my paypal email and my purchase email are the same
I've emailed them 2 times but didn't receive any respond yetpost #3712 of 74838/21/13 at 11:45pmQuote:
This has been a problem with repertoire sales in the past. Seems like they get overwhelmed with purchases. There have been past posts on Reddit about this. Not a good reason for them to ignore emails and not pick up the phone, but it seems like people ultimately get what they ordered, just after a long wait.post #3713 of 74838/22/13 at 4:02ampost #3714 of 74838/22/13 at 5:52ampost #3715 of 74838/22/13 at 6:32ampost #3716 of 74838/22/13 at 6:48ampost #3717 of 74838/22/13 at 7:18ampost #3718 of 74838/22/13 at 1:47pmLet me join the public stone throwing. That is not really a good way to treat a boot when determining amount of free space in the toe area. Simply wiggling your toes, raising your big toe and pressing down gently with your thumb should be sufficient. The 1K boots do have a fairly solid toe box and it must have taken some force to press them in like that.
As for sizing, I would always go with slightly too large than slightly too small as your feet will expand if your are on them all day.post #3719 of 74838/22/13 at 2:16pmpost #3720 of 74838/22/13 at 2:25pmQuote:
I hope that they did. I'd hate to see another post in a few weeks with someone complaining about one boot with a crushed toe box and the other OK.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 4 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 8 minutes ago
- › Recommend a good paring knife 11 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 17 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 20 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 21 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?