You are right!! My phone did the darn auto correct.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Can I get the toe of my leather shoes repaired? Can I put in metal...Last edited: 2/11/16
- How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets that have turned black/Last edited: 2/10/16
- What tools do you need to get burnish your shoes like a real pro? ...Last edited: 2/10/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 237post #3541 of 74837/1/13 at 1:54pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3542 of 74837/1/13 at 5:00pm
I recently bought a pair of tan 9 1/2 addison boots online and have a ten in the regular wolverine. The part where the tongue is sewn together with the boot is super tight on my feet, leaving imprints after 30 minutes, where on the other pair they are nice an loose. the 10s in the regular are a little long so I went down a half size. ]
Soooo is there any way to fix this, say by stretching or is that gonna be a big problem no matter what ?post #3543 of 74837/1/13 at 7:07pmpost #3544 of 74837/1/13 at 8:12pm
Yeah but the difference between the tightness between the 10 and the 9.5 is pretty big. The regular 1000 mile don't push on the top of my foot much at all, where the 9.5 Addison is pushing lots to the top of the foot but the but length is better than the 10. This is where the tongue is stitched to the boot, and I am just unsure of that area stretching due to the stitching there.post #3545 of 74837/2/13 at 5:16ampost #3546 of 74837/2/13 at 10:29ampost #3547 of 74837/2/13 at 11:50amPossibly I misunderstand what the problem is but can't you just loosen the laces or is it like that even when unlaced. When I first got my pair I had a tough time getting my foot because of tightness in the top tounge area. That stopped after a couple wears and now they slip on easily. Also think it had to do with how grippy the fresh leather was on my sockspost #3548 of 74837/3/13 at 5:35pm
I took the laces out of the boot. The spot I am talking about is where you first put the laces at the end of the tongue. Even with out laces and thin socks it is tight. My other pair stretched out but I am wondering how the stitching will stretch. Think I am gonna take it to a cobbler and ask if they can stretch it out, The reason I ask if it will stretch is because they are brand new and unworn, and I got them for $300, so I believe I could easily sell them in Canada for that at least and just buy another pair.post #3549 of 74837/3/13 at 7:08pmpost #3550 of 74837/3/13 at 7:26pmpost #3551 of 74837/3/13 at 11:11pmpost #3552 of 74837/6/13 at 4:47pmOk, I'm done with this piece of crap Sierra Trading Post sale of so-called "seconds." More like thirds, or fourths. It's ridiculous that they're selling these for ~250. I've now gone through 3 separate pair, each worse than the last. What a waste of time (Crane's was right) -- Here's the latest junker they sent
Edited by bl@ster - 7/6/13 at 5:04pmpost #3553 of 74837/6/13 at 5:12pmpost #3554 of 74837/6/13 at 6:57pm
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › BRAVE ICONS JEANS 59 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 2 minutes ago
- › what to say to hairdresser to get hair cut like this? 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What products do I use and how to I care for...
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.