Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:40 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care GuideLast edited: 8/10/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 233post #3482 of 76736/20/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Did a search for tan care and found this. What should i be treating my boots/soles with prior to wearing? I have seen a lot for the brown, black and N8 but not much on the tan.
Thanks!post #3483 of 76736/20/13 at 7:56pm
Finally got mine in today from STP. Took them an extra day or two to e-mail me and verify my shipping/billing address (still not sure how that is supposed to prevent fraud unless I'm stupid enough to steal somebody's credit card and then order something using their contact e-mail but I didn't press the issue with customer service).
The brown is more amber than I anticipated, I'll probably end up wearing it with blue jeans instead of khaki chinos as originally planned. I am absolutely a 12EE in Red Wings IRs - no doubt about that - and so was pleasantly surprised that the 1k 12D's are only slightly snug in the middle. I'd say they run a bit wide.
They're beautiful boots and I couldn't say for sure why mine were 2nds. I guess there is the slightest bit of mismatch of the cut on the top sole where the stitching stops at the heel but it's all I can even think might be wrong with them. Wouldn't have noticed even if I had been buying them in a store.
Big ups to the fella who posted the sale alert.post #3484 of 76736/21/13 at 12:51ampost #3485 of 76736/21/13 at 1:44ampost #3486 of 76736/21/13 at 2:02pmpost #3487 of 76736/21/13 at 4:24pmpost #3488 of 76736/21/13 at 4:25pmpost #3489 of 76736/21/13 at 4:37pmQuote:
Yes, go for a ride out to the country. You should have no trouble finding mud after it rains. If it's dry just pour some of your Perrier on the dry dusty stuff you'll find all over the place and then do a happy dance where you poured the water. If that doesn't work stand on your head and spit nickels while singing a Navajo rain incantation. If that doesn't work you could always just smear some brown wax into the threads and brush it out a bit once dry.post #3490 of 76736/21/13 at 7:24pmpost #3491 of 76736/21/13 at 7:35pmpost #3492 of 76736/21/13 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
Got my STP 1k seconds today. Happy overall, sizing down .5 from my indies was the way to go.
A bit worried about this gouge that it might be deep enough to cause a weakness in the leather that would lead to a rip or hole through the upper with enough wear?
Side by side with the 405s.
Looks pretty shallow to me. Throw some lp on that thing.post #3493 of 76736/21/13 at 10:50pmpost #3494 of 76736/21/13 at 11:46pm
The heel slippage will go away as the boot breaks in. In any case, sizing down 1/2 is more than sufficient, especially with a wide feet. I measure a size 11E and a size 10.5D works. I if most people wear boots the way it is intended to be worn, there is no need to size down more than 1/2.post #3495 of 76736/22/13 at 3:54am
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › RLPL Westley Blue Basket Weave Linen Sport Coat 48 seconds ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Herring Shoes - Experiences? 5 minutes ago
- › Gun Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 12 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 37 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 38 minutes ago
- › Jackets & Blazer clearance! Engineered Garments, Haikure, Manuel... 40 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 52 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding