Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 7/30/15 at 4:51pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 233
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3482 of 73516/20/13 at 6:38pmQuote:
Did a search for tan care and found this. What should i be treating my boots/soles with prior to wearing? I have seen a lot for the brown, black and N8 but not much on the tan.
Thanks!post #3483 of 73516/20/13 at 7:56pm
Finally got mine in today from STP. Took them an extra day or two to e-mail me and verify my shipping/billing address (still not sure how that is supposed to prevent fraud unless I'm stupid enough to steal somebody's credit card and then order something using their contact e-mail but I didn't press the issue with customer service).
The brown is more amber than I anticipated, I'll probably end up wearing it with blue jeans instead of khaki chinos as originally planned. I am absolutely a 12EE in Red Wings IRs - no doubt about that - and so was pleasantly surprised that the 1k 12D's are only slightly snug in the middle. I'd say they run a bit wide.
They're beautiful boots and I couldn't say for sure why mine were 2nds. I guess there is the slightest bit of mismatch of the cut on the top sole where the stitching stops at the heel but it's all I can even think might be wrong with them. Wouldn't have noticed even if I had been buying them in a store.
Big ups to the fella who posted the sale alert.post #3484 of 73516/21/13 at 12:51ampost #3485 of 73516/21/13 at 1:44ampost #3486 of 73516/21/13 at 2:02pmpost #3487 of 73516/21/13 at 4:24pmpost #3488 of 73516/21/13 at 4:25pmpost #3489 of 73516/21/13 at 4:37pmQuote:
Yes, go for a ride out to the country. You should have no trouble finding mud after it rains. If it's dry just pour some of your Perrier on the dry dusty stuff you'll find all over the place and then do a happy dance where you poured the water. If that doesn't work stand on your head and spit nickels while singing a Navajo rain incantation. If that doesn't work you could always just smear some brown wax into the threads and brush it out a bit once dry.post #3490 of 73516/21/13 at 7:24pmpost #3491 of 73516/21/13 at 7:35pmpost #3492 of 73516/21/13 at 7:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by hooker4186
Got my STP 1k seconds today. Happy overall, sizing down .5 from my indies was the way to go.
A bit worried about this gouge that it might be deep enough to cause a weakness in the leather that would lead to a rip or hole through the upper with enough wear?
Side by side with the 405s.
Looks pretty shallow to me. Throw some lp on that thing.post #3493 of 73516/21/13 at 10:50pmpost #3494 of 73516/21/13 at 11:46pm
The heel slippage will go away as the boot breaks in. In any case, sizing down 1/2 is more than sufficient, especially with a wide feet. I measure a size 11E and a size 10.5D works. I if most people wear boots the way it is intended to be worn, there is no need to size down more than 1/2.post #3495 of 73516/22/13 at 3:54am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 23 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Rain-Last Tomir Soled Cap-Toe/Quarter Brogue 3 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 11 minutes ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 12 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...