Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 6/22/15 at 12:36pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 7/3/15 at 2:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 233
Styleforum Top Picks
Did a search for tan care and found this. What should i be treating my boots/soles with prior to wearing? I have seen a lot for the brown, black and N8 but not much on the tan.
Finally got mine in today from STP. Took them an extra day or two to e-mail me and verify my shipping/billing address (still not sure how that is supposed to prevent fraud unless I'm stupid enough to steal somebody's credit card and then order something using their contact e-mail but I didn't press the issue with customer service).
The brown is more amber than I anticipated, I'll probably end up wearing it with blue jeans instead of khaki chinos as originally planned. I am absolutely a 12EE in Red Wings IRs - no doubt about that - and so was pleasantly surprised that the 1k 12D's are only slightly snug in the middle. I'd say they run a bit wide.
They're beautiful boots and I couldn't say for sure why mine were 2nds. I guess there is the slightest bit of mismatch of the cut on the top sole where the stitching stops at the heel but it's all I can even think might be wrong with them. Wouldn't have noticed even if I had been buying them in a store.
Big ups to the fella who posted the sale alert.
Yes, go for a ride out to the country. You should have no trouble finding mud after it rains. If it's dry just pour some of your Perrier on the dry dusty stuff you'll find all over the place and then do a happy dance where you poured the water. If that doesn't work stand on your head and spit nickels while singing a Navajo rain incantation. If that doesn't work you could always just smear some brown wax into the threads and brush it out a bit once dry.
Got my STP 1k seconds today. Happy overall, sizing down .5 from my indies was the way to go.
A bit worried about this gouge that it might be deep enough to cause a weakness in the leather that would lead to a rip or hole through the upper with enough wear?
Side by side with the 405s.
Looks pretty shallow to me. Throw some lp on that thing.
The heel slippage will go away as the boot breaks in. In any case, sizing down 1/2 is more than sufficient, especially with a wide feet. I measure a size 11E and a size 10.5D works. I if most people wear boots the way it is intended to be worn, there is no need to size down more than 1/2.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 39 seconds ago
- › Wide and Extra-Wide GMTO Shoe Ideas 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Horween Cigar Shell Cordovan Captoe Boots Commando Sole Grant... 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 10 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...