or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 231

post #3451 of 6617
Thanks for the heads up on the Wolvy's at STP. Just kopped a pair of the tan Bradford oxfords. Been looking for these all over and couldn't find my size but there they were @ STP.

BTW, get 3 dollar shipping with this code:
COMS13
post #3452 of 6617
got my Brown 1000 mile boots from STP. i really can't find anything wrong with them. so glad i waited to purchase a brown pair.
post #3453 of 6617

If someone wants a pair of boots from STP, please help me by using my referral code http://www.extrabux.com/r/508d5fb72a

 

You get $5 when you sign up and a further 4% cashback when you shop at STP. It also works for 4% cashback at barneys and many other stores. THese are all stackable with the respective store's codes. Thanks. 

post #3454 of 6617
Hey guys, just got my black 1000's from STP in the mail and was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on whether or not I should keep these seconds based on the damage.

AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark

These images all come from the left boot tongue. I'm worried about two things, the first one obviously being that tear, but the second being the condition of the leather based from those images. It feels really moist to the touch and kind of has the same appearance as my really old and sticky leather steering wheel which I assume is probably water damaged. Anyways, back to the tear, is it completely effed? Cosmetically, I could care less since it's probably going to be covered by the laces, but I don't want it to continually degrade and rip off my boot tongue in half.

The rest of the boot is fine, minor scuffs and a nick here and there but I'm going to snoseal it via Crane's directions on this thread tomorrow so those should be covered. Maybe if I snoseal the tongue, the weird looking leather and the tear will magically be fixed?

Thanks everyone.
post #3455 of 6617
Picked up two pairs of Addisons last night from STP (black/dark brown and black/tan). Managed to find a coupon which had them mistakenly left off the exclusion list and got them to honor it so i grabbed them for $156 each. Score. Ive been wanting a pair for a while.
post #3456 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Picked up two pairs of Addisons last night from STP (black/dark brown and black/tan). Managed to find a coupon which had them mistakenly left off the exclusion list and got them to honor it so i grabbed them for $156 each. Score. Ive been wanting a pair for a while.

And what coupon would that be, if you don't mind sharing?


Edited by Kaundinya - 6/19/13 at 7:40am
post #3457 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by the jonathan View Post

Hey guys, just got my black 1000's from STP in the mail and was wondering if you guys could give me your opinions on whether or not I should keep these seconds based on the damage.

AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark
AppleMark

These images all come from the left boot tongue. I'm worried about two things, the first one obviously being that tear, but the second being the condition of the leather based from those images. It feels really moist to the touch and kind of has the same appearance as my really old and sticky leather steering wheel which I assume is probably water damaged. Anyways, back to the tear, is it completely effed? Cosmetically, I could care less since it's probably going to be covered by the laces, but I don't want it to continually degrade and rip off my boot tongue in half.

The rest of the boot is fine, minor scuffs and a nick here and there but I'm going to snoseal it via Crane's directions on this thread tomorrow so those should be covered. Maybe if I snoseal the tongue, the weird looking leather and the tear will magically be fixed?

Thanks everyone.

Don't worry about the tongue. First of all, it's the part where no one could see when you are wearing the boots. More importantly, the tongues will look a lot worse once you start wearing the boots, just Google some photos of used 1000 mile boots smile.gif
post #3458 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaundinya View Post

And what coupon would that be, if you don't mind sharing?

It was the dealflyer email list coupon for 30% off when you sign up. I had to talk to customer service though who told me it should be been excluded as well but they would let me apply it while they made the change so nobody else could
post #3459 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post


It was the dealflyer email list coupon for 30% off when you sign up. I had to talk to customer service though who told me it should be been excluded as well but they would let me apply it while they made the change so nobody else could

Aw, shucks. I did try that same coupon this previous night, but I suppose you did so earlier. Thanks anyways. I hope you enjoy your boots!

post #3460 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaundinya View Post

Aw, shucks. I did try that same coupon this previous night, but I suppose you did so earlier. Thanks anyways. I hope you enjoy your boots!

Try calling them. Forward them the email showing the 1000 mile boots were not on the exclusion list at the time you ordered, thats what i did. They credited me back the 30% to my card
post #3461 of 6617

Has anyone tried using Allen Edmonds Walnut premium polish on their Tan boots?

post #3462 of 6617
^No, because you should never use colored polish on CXL, or any polish really. Venetian if you want a bit of luster.
post #3463 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

^No, because you should never use colored polish on CXL, or any polish really. Venetian if you want a bit of luster.


Thanks, would Conditioner/Cleaner by Allen Edmonds be ok to use on these to condition them from time to time?

post #3464 of 6617
Yeah, that's fine (though various people's opinions will differ, and it won't be enough if really exposed to the elements).
post #3465 of 6617
Picked mine up this morning, I got lucky with my pair and am pretty impressed.
11D Rust, currently being treated with Filson Oil. Minor cosmetic defects that are barely noticeable.



New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review