Yes, bad experiences, but others have been okay.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/3/16 at 6:03pm in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- A primer on shoe creams conditioners, and waxesLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: How to mirror shine your shoes.Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 227post #3391 of 74836/13/13 at 9:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3392 of 74836/13/13 at 9:07ampost #3393 of 74836/13/13 at 9:22ampost #3394 of 74836/13/13 at 11:11ampost #3395 of 74836/13/13 at 2:15pmpost #3396 of 74836/14/13 at 7:11ampost #3397 of 74836/14/13 at 9:07ampost #3398 of 74836/14/13 at 10:41am
Here's what the Tan looks like after 10 months of nearly everyday wear, 2 coats of LP (one just last night) and many coats of Obenauf's Oil. Been through Moab deserts and muddy La Sal mountains, South Dakota forests, a ridiculously rocky spur of the moment hike to a small summit overlooking the city, through rain, snow, heat, on a bike travelling the city... Countless miles have been put into these boots, and each day wearing them is more rewarding than the previous. As much tough love as I can throw at them, they dish it right back in cradling chromexcel snugness.post #3399 of 74836/14/13 at 12:27pmpost #3400 of 74836/14/13 at 12:56pmpost #3401 of 74836/14/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Chromexcel comes in very nicely stuffed with oils. Exactly how old and how long that leather is and has been sitting is anyone's guess. If the leather feels supple and smooth, which I would assume is how most of these 1k boots come, then put 'em on your feet and wander around your house for a bit. They should not need a treatment immediately, and treating them will most likely change the color, so get the the most out of the color you can cause it won't last long. Get a feel for them. This is not how they will feel in 2 weeks of everyday wear, and not even close to 2 months. The lower area may rub slightly but this part of the boot, along with the toe, will stretch and form to your foot.post #3402 of 74836/14/13 at 2:13pmpost #3403 of 74836/14/13 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by ZenSilk
Chromexcel comes in very nicely stuffed with oils. Exactly how old and how long that leather is and has been sitting is anyone's guess. If the leather feels supple and smooth, which I would assume is how most of these 1k boots come, then put 'em on your feet and wander around your house for a bit. They should not need a treatment immediately, and treating them will most likely change the color, so get the the most out of the color you can cause it won't last long. Get a feel for them. This is not how they will feel in 2 weeks of everyday wear, and not even close to 2 months. The lower area may rub slightly but this part of the boot, along with the toe, will stretch and form to your foot.
Thanks for the tip...basically beat the crap out of them? lolpost #3404 of 74836/14/13 at 4:44pmpost #3405 of 74836/14/13 at 5:03pmCrane is right. You never know how long the boots had been sitting in the warehouse before it was shipped to you, or how many months/years the leather was piled up at a corner before made into boots.
Just apply a coat of boots oil and let the oil air dry for a day before wearing. Heavy duty LP is not necessary unless you know you are going to wear the boots in a snow storm 7 days straight or you want to go swimming with them. And heavy duty LP darkens the boots considerably and not everyone likes the color change.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 32 seconds ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 2 minutes ago
- › Vests 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 3 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › NWT Ben Sherman dress shirt 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...