Yes, bad experiences, but others have been okay.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/2/15 at 3:47pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 227post #3391 of 73576/13/13 at 9:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3392 of 73576/13/13 at 9:07ampost #3393 of 73576/13/13 at 9:22ampost #3394 of 73576/13/13 at 11:11ampost #3395 of 73576/13/13 at 2:15pmpost #3396 of 73576/14/13 at 7:11ampost #3397 of 73576/14/13 at 9:07ampost #3398 of 73576/14/13 at 10:41am
Here's what the Tan looks like after 10 months of nearly everyday wear, 2 coats of LP (one just last night) and many coats of Obenauf's Oil. Been through Moab deserts and muddy La Sal mountains, South Dakota forests, a ridiculously rocky spur of the moment hike to a small summit overlooking the city, through rain, snow, heat, on a bike travelling the city... Countless miles have been put into these boots, and each day wearing them is more rewarding than the previous. As much tough love as I can throw at them, they dish it right back in cradling chromexcel snugness.post #3399 of 73576/14/13 at 12:27pmpost #3400 of 73576/14/13 at 12:56pmpost #3401 of 73576/14/13 at 1:43pmQuote:
Chromexcel comes in very nicely stuffed with oils. Exactly how old and how long that leather is and has been sitting is anyone's guess. If the leather feels supple and smooth, which I would assume is how most of these 1k boots come, then put 'em on your feet and wander around your house for a bit. They should not need a treatment immediately, and treating them will most likely change the color, so get the the most out of the color you can cause it won't last long. Get a feel for them. This is not how they will feel in 2 weeks of everyday wear, and not even close to 2 months. The lower area may rub slightly but this part of the boot, along with the toe, will stretch and form to your foot.post #3402 of 73576/14/13 at 2:13pmpost #3403 of 73576/14/13 at 2:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by ZenSilk
Chromexcel comes in very nicely stuffed with oils. Exactly how old and how long that leather is and has been sitting is anyone's guess. If the leather feels supple and smooth, which I would assume is how most of these 1k boots come, then put 'em on your feet and wander around your house for a bit. They should not need a treatment immediately, and treating them will most likely change the color, so get the the most out of the color you can cause it won't last long. Get a feel for them. This is not how they will feel in 2 weeks of everyday wear, and not even close to 2 months. The lower area may rub slightly but this part of the boot, along with the toe, will stretch and form to your foot.
Thanks for the tip...basically beat the crap out of them? lolpost #3404 of 73576/14/13 at 4:44pmpost #3405 of 73576/14/13 at 5:03pmCrane is right. You never know how long the boots had been sitting in the warehouse before it was shipped to you, or how many months/years the leather was piled up at a corner before made into boots.
Just apply a coat of boots oil and let the oil air dry for a day before wearing. Heavy duty LP is not necessary unless you know you are going to wear the boots in a snow storm 7 days straight or you want to go swimming with them. And heavy duty LP darkens the boots considerably and not everyone likes the color change.
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › What music are you listening to lately? 47 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 50 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 55 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 6 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...