or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 225

post #3361 of 6527
I want to like these boots but the toe box makes them look like clown shoes.

Is there anything similar without such a large bulbous toe box?
post #3362 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post

I want to like these boots but the toe box makes them look like clown shoes.

Is there anything similar without such a large bulbous toe box?

wondering too..

 

the viberg service boots with 2030 last looks promising..

 

anything else?

post #3363 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaim Fuzi View Post

wondering too..

the viberg service boots with 2030 last looks promising..

anything else?

White's Custom Semi-Dress without the celastic toe.
post #3364 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsekh View Post

Is this new addition to the 1000 mile boot line?

Suede version of the original plain toe 1000 mile boot?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Wolverine-1000-Mile-Collection-Leather-Mens-Work-Boots-Size-8-Brown-2WW-/321119974468?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4ac43df444

Don't see it on Wolverine website yet.

I bought a pair from that guy, they're really nice in person. sadly I need 8EE so it looks like I'll be sending them back

post #3365 of 6527
About to cop a pair of these using F&F discount. Is the general consensus to size down .5?
post #3366 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianoh View Post

About to cop a pair of these using F&F discount. Is the general consensus to size down .5?

yeah i did and it fits perfectly. 

post #3367 of 6527
Counterpoint: in 9.5 in most things, 10 in Nike/adidas and my 1ks are 8.5. A little tight at first but perfect with a stretch, so down a full size can work too
post #3368 of 6527
Do any of you guys regret your purchase of the 1k? My finances are kinda effed bc I'm going on vacay soon but copping a pair of these for $140 is too good to pass up.
post #3369 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianoh View Post

Do any of you guys regret your purchase of the 1k? My finances are kinda effed bc I'm going on vacay soon but copping a pair of these for $140 is too good to pass up.

 

I do, but I wouldn't if I had only paid $140. That said, out of the half dozen shoes/boots I own, I wear my 1K's more than anything else. If I could do it all over again, I'd spend the extra money and get some Alden plain toe boots or something of that nature. 

post #3370 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiglarsen View Post

I do, but I wouldn't if I had only paid $140. That said, out of the half dozen shoes/boots I own, I wear my 1K's more than anything else. If I could do it all over again, I'd spend the extra money and get some Alden plain toe boots or something of that nature. 
Curious, what specifically about the boots makes you regret the purchase?
post #3371 of 6527

Mostly the obnoxious crinkling/creasing of the leather on my right boot that has been mentioned a lot in this thread. I didn't think it would bug me as much as it has, but now it always annoys me when I look at it. Also at some point in the few months after I got them, they stretched out a bit (I sized down half from my normal size), so now they feel looser than I like my boots to fit. They are otherwise fine boots. 

post #3372 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post

Counterpoint: in 9.5 in most things, 10 in Nike/adidas and my 1ks are 8.5. A little tight at first but perfect with a stretch, so down a full size can work too

Agreed.

10,5 in RedWing, 10,5 in Trickers Stow, but 10 in the 1K.

 

All other shoes 11,5.

post #3373 of 6527
This mighy end up very misleading without stating whether its UK sizes or US sizes. 10.5 in Trickers can mean 3 things: UK10.5, US 11 or US11.5 depending on one's conversion.
post #3374 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by striker View Post

This mighy end up very misleading without stating whether its UK sizes or US sizes. 10.5 in Trickers can mean 3 things: UK10.5, US 11 or US11.5 depending on one's conversion.

I agree. Because some people measure with us and some with Uk
post #3375 of 6527
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiglarsen View Post

Mostly the obnoxious crinkling/creasing of the leather on my right boot that has been mentioned a lot in this thread. I didn't think it would bug me as much as it has, but now it always annoys me when I look at it. Also at some point in the few months after I got them, they stretched out a bit (I sized down half from my normal size), so now they feel looser than I like my boots to fit. They are otherwise fine boots. 

I remember those pics. Seems to only happen on a few pairs, have you tried contacting Wolverine about it?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review