Nice pair! Cue half this thread rushing to buy saphir and kiwi neutral...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 2/2/16 at 4:15pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/8/16 at 6:00am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 220
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 74834/28/13 at 12:29pmpost #3288 of 74834/29/13 at 1:37pmI ordered a pair of rust 1000 Miles from Cranes and a pair or RW Beckmans from Zappos. Preferred the fit and look of the Wolverines, so sent the RW back. I've only wore them a few times, but love them. I had intended to put a rubber half sole on them right away, but may just wear as is for a while. Great boots.post #3289 of 74834/30/13 at 4:42pmpost #3290 of 74834/30/13 at 6:05pmpost #3291 of 74834/30/13 at 8:34pmpost #3292 of 74835/1/13 at 10:16ampost #3293 of 74835/1/13 at 10:19amQuote:
Should be OK. The leather does contain oils when they are fresh from the factory.
Even if the leather does not get wet there are distinct benefits to using something like Obenaufs to prevent the leather from drying out in heat, dust and dirt. I live in California and use Obenaufs LP a few times a year on all my boots.post #3294 of 74835/1/13 at 10:21ampost #3295 of 74835/1/13 at 11:21amQuote:
I wish I knew. All the local cobblers have hit-or-miss reviews on yelp, and everything online for mail-ins is spendy. =/Quote:
Rain won't harm leather.
They are rust. I guess the shade was throwing off my wb as they appear more #8 CXL toned. The bottom, top-view pic is pretty accurate in color. The Saphir darkened them up, and then I used Brown Kiwi on the toe.post #3296 of 74835/1/13 at 11:43ampost #3297 of 74835/1/13 at 12:07pmBear in mind that a lot of cobblers get bad reviews from people who give them shitty shoes and expect miracles. My cobbler says he turns people away all the time, because they want crappy Kenneth Coles or something resoled, or the leather fixed up, and he has to tell them buy better shoes, there's nothing he can do. Of course there are other cobblers who are just really shitty, like a horror-story resoling post that was on Reddit last week here.
Go to the cobbler, and ask if you can see an example of his resoling work. You should be able to tell pretty quickly how good he is, he should be able to properly discuss the soles and heels he wants to use. If you ask to see your choices, he should be able to let you know which ones you want. It doesn't need to be a masterpiece, it just needs to be properly stitched, properly sanded and edged.post #3298 of 74835/1/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
Wow, that's a great color you got out of Rust. Will have to try your method on my own Rust 1Ks as I'm loving the sheen you have.post #3299 of 74835/1/13 at 12:28pm
Oops, I see that I said I used Neutral and then said I used Brown. To clarify, when they were new I used brown, and the color pretty much stayed on the toe. Then recently I used Neutral.
Thanks for compliments :D
Honestly, as Crane has mentioned, just giving them a really good brushing makes them look great - CXL loves being brushed as much as shell, and moreso than typical calf shoes in my experience.post #3300 of 74835/2/13 at 3:10am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 5 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 21 seconds ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 45 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 49 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Wing Tip Boots, Commando Soles, Barrie Last, Size 7 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...