Nice pair! Cue half this thread rushing to buy saphir and kiwi neutral...
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7. Last post on 8/2/15 at 3:47pm in Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and other collaborative efforts
- John Lobb Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:36 am in Classic Menswear
- Wolverine Austen Lace Up 1000 Mile Last post on 9/15/12 at 11:19am in Classic Menswear
- Stylish F/W Boots Suggestions? Last post on 9/4/12 at 6:05pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 7/22/15 at 2:19am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 220
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 73594/28/13 at 12:29pmpost #3288 of 73594/29/13 at 1:37pmI ordered a pair of rust 1000 Miles from Cranes and a pair or RW Beckmans from Zappos. Preferred the fit and look of the Wolverines, so sent the RW back. I've only wore them a few times, but love them. I had intended to put a rubber half sole on them right away, but may just wear as is for a while. Great boots.post #3289 of 73594/30/13 at 4:42pmpost #3290 of 73594/30/13 at 6:05pmpost #3291 of 73594/30/13 at 8:34pmpost #3292 of 73595/1/13 at 10:16ampost #3293 of 73595/1/13 at 10:19amQuote:
Should be OK. The leather does contain oils when they are fresh from the factory.
Even if the leather does not get wet there are distinct benefits to using something like Obenaufs to prevent the leather from drying out in heat, dust and dirt. I live in California and use Obenaufs LP a few times a year on all my boots.post #3294 of 73595/1/13 at 10:21ampost #3295 of 73595/1/13 at 11:21amQuote:
I wish I knew. All the local cobblers have hit-or-miss reviews on yelp, and everything online for mail-ins is spendy. =/Quote:
Rain won't harm leather.
They are rust. I guess the shade was throwing off my wb as they appear more #8 CXL toned. The bottom, top-view pic is pretty accurate in color. The Saphir darkened them up, and then I used Brown Kiwi on the toe.post #3296 of 73595/1/13 at 11:43ampost #3297 of 73595/1/13 at 12:07pmBear in mind that a lot of cobblers get bad reviews from people who give them shitty shoes and expect miracles. My cobbler says he turns people away all the time, because they want crappy Kenneth Coles or something resoled, or the leather fixed up, and he has to tell them buy better shoes, there's nothing he can do. Of course there are other cobblers who are just really shitty, like a horror-story resoling post that was on Reddit last week here.
Go to the cobbler, and ask if you can see an example of his resoling work. You should be able to tell pretty quickly how good he is, he should be able to properly discuss the soles and heels he wants to use. If you ask to see your choices, he should be able to let you know which ones you want. It doesn't need to be a masterpiece, it just needs to be properly stitched, properly sanded and edged.post #3298 of 73595/1/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
Wow, that's a great color you got out of Rust. Will have to try your method on my own Rust 1Ks as I'm loving the sheen you have.post #3299 of 73595/1/13 at 12:28pm
Oops, I see that I said I used Neutral and then said I used Brown. To clarify, when they were new I used brown, and the color pretty much stayed on the toe. Then recently I used Neutral.
Thanks for compliments :D
Honestly, as Crane has mentioned, just giving them a really good brushing makes them look great - CXL loves being brushed as much as shell, and moreso than typical calf shoes in my experience.post #3300 of 73595/2/13 at 3:10am
- Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
Styleforum Top Picks
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
- › Kent Wang polo measurement guide help 17 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 35 seconds ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Private Label Moto Jacket size small in black 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 5 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...