or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review - Page 213

post #3181 of 6617
i asked because all these guys keep talking about stretching out the boots and sizing down just seemed like they wanted the tightest fit they could fit into....
post #3182 of 6617
These aren't jeans, you don't size down and hope they'll stretch while standing in scalding water. As far as I know all the size down talk stems from the fact that for most people these boots run a bit larger than TTS. In my case they are TTS. If anyone tells you the right size shoe is the smallest you can jam your foot into they are nuts and dead wrong.
post #3183 of 6617
I think a lot of the "stretching" talk is miscommunication. I wear 13 in every shoe I own. I bought 13 1ks. They fit great/wonderfully. When I first put them on though they were real snug on the top of my foot/the area covered by laces. But within a day or 2 i could just slip them on or off no problem and they felt great and are just getting better.

I imagine that isn't going to be the case if its tight in the toe
post #3184 of 6617

It's interesting. My TTS is 10.5.

I have a pair in 10 of the 1Ks that I had to put an insole in as they were to big.

I also got a pair in 9.5 that fits snug but is comfortable.

It might also be a matter of foot width. 

And I wear relatively thick socks in them.

post #3185 of 6617
i never go for tight fit but all my footwear i wear as in i'm on my feet for 14hrs or so moving around i don't have a desk job where i can get the tightest fit without my feet being in pain.
post #3186 of 6617

If anyone is interested in buying a pair of 1000 Mile Krause boots -- brand new, 10D -- for $500, let me know by PM (and I can send pics).  I got them from Wingtip and they are a bit too tight on me.  Otherwise I will return them soon.
 

post #3187 of 6617
I'll just leave this PSA here: Anyone looking for replacement laces, I just reached out to the customer service form on Wolverine 1K's website, and asked about how to get another pair. I received an answer within 20 minutes saying that a complimentary pair was already on the way to me. I hear mixed reviews of Wolverine's customer service, but that's a nice thumbs up right there, I think.
post #3188 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I'll just leave this PSA here: Anyone looking for replacement laces, I just reached out to the customer service form on Wolverine 1K's website, and asked about how to get another pair. I received an answer within 20 minutes saying that a complimentary pair was already on the way to me. I hear mixed reviews of Wolverine's customer service, but that's a nice thumbs up right there, I think.

Didn't a guy just post about them charging $10 for laces?
post #3189 of 6617
I dunno. Here's what they sent me:
Quote:
Hello William,

We do provide the laces here to send out. I will get a pair in the mail for you today complimentary. Please allow up to 2 weeks for regular mailing times for their arrival.

Make it a GREAT day!!
post #3190 of 6617

So I have a pair of Black 1000 Mile Boots coming in that I ordered through Crane's.  I was going to pick up some Obenaufs LP to condition them before using them.  It sounds like because they are black, darkening of the leather shouldn't really be an issue?  I know this is a silly question, but just thought I'd ask.  

 

Really looking forward to these boots to compliment my Alden 403 which has been my daily boot for the last 6 months.  Thanks in advance folks.... and GREAT information in this thread.

post #3191 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post

So I have a pair of Black 1000 Mile Boots coming in that I ordered through Crane's.  I was going to pick up some Obenaufs LP to condition them before using them.  It sounds like because they are black, darkening of the leather shouldn't really be an issue?  I know this is a silly question, but just thought I'd ask.  

 

Really looking forward to these boots to compliment my Alden 403 which has been my daily boot for the last 6 months.  Thanks in advance folks.... and GREAT information in this thread.

Nope, you won't even notice a difference.  In fact Obenauf's LP didn't even discolor the contrast stitching on the welt.

post #3192 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by onehotchili View Post

It sounds like because they are black, darkening of the leather shouldn't really be an issue?  I know this is a silly question, but just thought I'd ask.

 

I have some black 1k Miles and they're still black after using LP. I can't tell if they darkened. They're black, who cares? smile.gif

 

Anyway, just wanted to say that whatever I was worried about in the below post was natural wear. I guess the very top layer of leather wore away and left a lighter colored area. I had similar gray spots develop in the same areas on my black boots. It's definitely not from brushing too hard, and is probably from something like how I position my foot when I'm driving. Hard to say.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketawa View Post

My rust 1k Miles somehow ended up with dull, grayish spots in a couple places. I was just wearing them around town and they were properly treated with Filson Boot Oil and Obenauf's Leather Protector. I might have been too agressive when I brushed them up with a horsehair brush and a little water, but I would have expected them to hold up to that.

 

Any recommendations to help the problem? I tried cleaning them up with some Lexol cleaner. Should I apply a ton of layers of oil to that area?

 

 

 

 

 
post #3193 of 6617
Received my tan 1000 Miles and applied the Filson boot oil.

Is it necessary to also apply OLP if I'm not planning to wear in the winter or inclement weather?

I have a jar of it so it's no problem to apply but just wondering if the oil is better on it's own.
post #3194 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Received my tan 1000 Miles and applied the Filson boot oil.

Is it necessary to also apply OLP if I'm not planning to wear in the winter or inclement weather?

I have a jar of it so it's no problem to apply but just wondering if the oil is better on it's own.

 

I wouldn't. You don't want to overdo it with products. 

post #3195 of 6617
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdahab View Post

I'll just leave this PSA here: Anyone looking for replacement laces, I just reached out to the customer service form on Wolverine 1K's website, and asked about how to get another pair. I received an answer within 20 minutes saying that a complimentary pair was already on the way to me. I hear mixed reviews of Wolverine's customer service, but that's a nice thumbs up right there, I think.


I can second that.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review